*OT* Incredible fan-made sequel to Chrono Trigger... Chrono Crisis

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Strider212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Strider212
Member since 2004 • 2524 Posts
I don't know how many of you have heard about this project, but this one is far from any sort of vaporware. This guy's team (which has changed several times over its development) has been working hard to deliver a true sequel to Chrono Trigger. For those of you with doubts, check out their forums to see screenshots and to find info about the development on the game.

While the date says the post is from 2005, he has been updating screenshots since then. He expects the game to be finished by Winter 2007 (it was supposed to be out this Spring, but due to turnover with his team, he had to find some new talent)

Chrono Crisis

Sinnergy520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sinnergy520
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Well, they're making it with RPG Maker XP, so I'm not expecting anything special gameplay-wise. And I'm going to assume that they are making up most of the story themselves...
Strider212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Strider212
Member since 2004 • 2524 Posts
Well, they're making it with RPG Maker XP, so I'm not expecting anything special gameplay-wise. And I'm going to assume that they are making up most of the story themselves...Sinnergy520
No, they've coded their own systems and have modified the battle system to work like the original Trigger, including Techs. And while they've written the story themselves, they have used a lot of resources to make the holes fit together into a coherent story.