Nyko Charging Station worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GoBulldogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GoBulldogs
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts

New Wii owner here and wondering if the Nyko Charging Station is worth it? Will I really be flying through enough batteries to need this?

Thanks

andrewkozis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#2 andrewkozis
Member since 2005 • 3336 Posts
it depends, if you have alot of money to spend then yes get it however if you do not i would rather put the money towards a game or something.
Mr_Doodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Mr_Doodle
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts

Yes and no. Rechargable batteries are good, but you might just want to get regular rechargable batteries. I got the Nyko charge station, andalthough it works now, I had some hassles with it. At first, I couldn't get the batteries to transmit energy to the remotes, so I had to bend the metal prongs so the batteries would touch. Also, sometimes I fiddle with the remotes a lot just so they can charge when they're on the stand.

It's really your choice.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
the best way is high end rechargeable batteries. It's costly but the best way. I hear that charge stations don't catch up to the use of the wiimotes so you can't play continuously. I have no first hand experience with them though. Anyone here?
robzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 robzan
Member since 2006 • 320 Posts
I got the Joytech charging station and I havn't got any problem with it. It is worth it in the long run. And the sooner you buy it the more money you earn. It's great to never have to think about if you have any batteries home. Just charge the Wii remote a while and then play for a long time. I'd say buy it. ;)