Not to be a fan boy but i think nintendo will have the best E3

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

its_a_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 its_a_username
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts

not to be a fanboy but i honestly do think nintendo will have the biggest E3

Recently HVS just announced Gladiator AD and The Grinder and the conduit about to come out soon

also Nintendo just confirmed a new mario in japan for late 2009

then maybe a little Red Steel 2 footage and dont forget No More Heroes 2 Desperate Struggles.

also nintendo confrimed they are making pickmin 3

also with the wii motion plus nintendo could reveil some new games

so nintendo dont screw this up like last year

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
The potential is there, that's for sure. But, Nintendo being who they are, we won't know until it's all said and done.
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
we will find out soon enough
alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
It's tough to say... I hope they have the best, but I'm sure Sony and Microsoft have some very nice things up thier sleeves as well (some of which has already been leaked.) If Nintendo reveals a really cool Zelda teaser it might drop the hype bomb like it did 5 (or so) years ago. I think Wii Motion Plus games have huge potential - if any game can nail something like Wii-mote sword play it will be a very big deal. And theres always the possibility of suprises that we could never have anticipated. We'll find out in a few days...
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

I think they NEED to have the best E3, and am confident they will.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#6 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

I can't see them doing worse than last year, but it's impossible to tell how good it will be. We'llneed to wait for the press conference to see

_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts

If they bring games like Red Steel 2, New Zelda, New Mario, and NFS: Nitro to their show, then yes they will be the best (in my opinion).

maverick_41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#8 maverick_41
Member since 2007 • 1195 Posts

After last year I have to believe that this year's e3 will be great.

MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

It's going to be an average press conference, with some focus on Wii Fit 2, but definitely better than last year.

reinchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 reinchester
Member since 2004 • 363 Posts
Just please don't make spirit tracks the highlight, wii fit/ sports resort, or any of that rabble the highlight.
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

its funny. nintendo could say, "hey at e3 we're showing a new zelda, metroid, mario, pikmin, kirby, etc"

but we all know how nintendo can turn exact victory into the unsweet bitter taste of defeat with ravi, cammie, or something else we don't want to see.

i'm just saying, this year if the lights dim. there had better be the metroid/zelda/mario/pikmin/or some crazy new IP theme song blasting through the speakers

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
I doubt it.
Hyper_Tails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hyper_Tails
Member since 2003 • 144 Posts

I can't see it being much of an improvement over last year's conference.

I think their main reveal will be Wii Fit Plus; from Nintendo's point of view it's the sequel to one of the best selling Wii games, why wouldn't they highlight this game? I'm thinking the other games on show will be Wii Sports Resort, Spirit Tracks, Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics, and Pikmin 3 if we're lucky.

black_ice23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 black_ice23
Member since 2003 • 1288 Posts
they will look awesome by comparison to last year
ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts
I believe it will be good when compaired to last year. I personally do not buy into one company winning E3 as it is totally based on opnion.... but for some odd reason i do believe they can blow it and come in last.... weird.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#16 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Hopefully it will be a massive improvement over last years disaster.

Hun_ger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hun_ger
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts

All I want is Nintendo to Wow us and make us scream like a little school girls.. tee hee.

Um well thats what I want I mean.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

The potential is there, that's for sure. But, Nintendo being who they are, we won't know until it's all said and done.Wintry_Flutist

Ha, yeah, coming from the person with Reggie Fils-Aime as an avatar. You should be stoked for anything Nintendo.

I personally think that I am not going to get my hopes up for an e3 again. It only leads to disappointment.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#19 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

chocolate1325
you act as if last year's nintendos e3 conference sucked or something :?
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

It could be a good E3. Whether it is or not, it certainly is the most shrouded. I like the "what will be annouced" speculation. I hope it's an F-Zero this E3.

Nintend0-BuDDy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Nintend0-BuDDy
Member since 2008 • 639 Posts

I'm hoping for the best :)

Ishboy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ishboy12
Member since 2008 • 183 Posts
Nintendo is at the top right now, and because of that they have the most to lose. Hopefully they'll have a good show to retain that status. But in the end, "good" is an opinion question, and I'm sure some people won't be happy no matter what is announced.
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts
It would be good, but hard to tell it would be the best... Sony line is looking amazing...
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
I find it funny how people act like last years E3 is the only one Nintendo has ever been to, also toss in the fact that like what Sony did last was show a CGI trailer of God of War 3 where all Kratos did was stand there and everybody said they dropped the megaton, Nintendo could do the same damn thing with a Mario Galaxy 2 or new Zelda. This whole winning E3 and press conference nonsense is so circumstantial thats is pointless to even make comments about who won it. The media calls showing a trailer with no gameplay, no information, hell not even any movements winning E3 and the people on these boards agree. While mainstream media outlets swear that Nintendo won last year because it showed something that led to or will lead to high sales. So there is no winning or losing E3, you show what you got and people will like whats on display or they wont. Nintendo has had amazing E3's in the past, they've ok ones and ones like last year that didn't have anything I was personally interested in. It really depends on what you want to see, if they showed Pikmin and Zelda, F-zero and Star Fox and your not interested in any of those things then you wont be satisfied with the show.
ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ekalbtwin
I find it funny how people act like last years E3 is the only one Nintendo has ever been to, also toss in the fact that like what Sony did last was show a CGI trailer of God of War 3 where all Kratos did was stand there and everybody said they dropped the megaton, Nintendo could do the same damn thing with a Mario Galaxy 2 or new Zelda. This whole winning E3 and press conference nonsense is so circumstantial thats is pointless to even make comments about who won it. The media calls showing a trailer with no gameplay, no information, hell not even any movements winning E3 and the people on these boards agree. While mainstream media outlets swear that Nintendo won last year because it showed something that led to or will lead to high sales. So there is no winning or losing E3, you show what you got and people will like whats on display or they wont. Nintendo has had amazing E3's in the past, they've ok ones and ones like last year that didn't have anything I was personally interested in. It really depends on what you want to see, if they showed Pikmin and Zelda, F-zero and Star Fox and your not interested in any of those things then you wont be satisfied with the show. Sepewrath
Great job nailing E3 and its coverage on the head!
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I'm not excited for Wii Fit Plus by any means. I'm alright with Mario, but I particularly didn't care for SMG either (level design). I hope it's something different, or they re-work it.

I honestly am looking forward to 3rd party games now, compared to Nintendo's own IP's. I'm getting tired of how pathetically easy their games are.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

I find it funny how people act like last years E3 is the only one Nintendo has ever been to, also toss in the fact that like what Sony did last was show a CGI trailer of God of War 3 where all Kratos did was stand there and everybody said they dropped the megaton, Nintendo could do the same damn thing with a Mario Galaxy 2 or new Zelda. This whole winning E3 and press conference nonsense is so circumstantial thats is pointless to even make comments about who won it. The media calls showing a trailer with no gameplay, no information, hell not even any movements winning E3 and the people on these boards agree. While mainstream media outlets swear that Nintendo won last year because it showed something that led to or will lead to high sales. So there is no winning or losing E3, you show what you got and people will like whats on display or they wont. Nintendo has had amazing E3's in the past, they've ok ones and ones like last year that didn't have anything I was personally interested in. It really depends on what you want to see, if they showed Pikmin and Zelda, F-zero and Star Fox and your not interested in any of those things then you wont be satisfied with the show. Sepewrath
You are partially correct. However, the general consensus agrees that it was horrible and I'm one of them.

jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

Maybe. Conduit and The grinder look good, but No More Heroes 2 looks phenominal, so I think it will be an alright E3. I doubt the new Mario will be like Galaxy, most likely another Mario Party. If they show a trailer or anything of a new Metroid, then it will be Very good.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
The general consensus of what we affectionately refer to as the hardcore gamer, but the analyst told another tale, in their eyes Nintendo was the clear winner. Personally for me I just hope to find out that games that I want to play are coming sooner than later, thats all I go into E3 looking for. There are no winners and losers with me, but if I was going to choose one, I would choose not the one that had the prettiest show its the one that will reap the rewards and no people posting topics on forums on how epic your show was and places like IGN praising you are not rewards. Because you cant pay the bills with kudos. Going into this E3, I just hope Nintendo announces Zelda for next year, I want to know I wont have to wait past 2010 for my next Zelda fix. If everyone considers that announcement winning the show or a solid E3 for Nintendo, good for you, but all I care about is when I can next visit Hyrule or the Mushroom Kingdom or Endless Ocean 2 is coming to NA.
n1ntendorevO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 n1ntendorevO
Member since 2006 • 532 Posts

I really feel Nintendo will have an awesome E3.

A couple reasons why:

They said last time that the Zelda and Mario teams were in development.

Reggie and Iwata both apologized for last year's e3.

I am feeling:

Wii Fit Plus

New Mario

Pikmin 3

Starfox or Kid Icarus

I also wouldn't be surprised if they showed a trailer for Zelda in 2010.

and some good games for Wiiware.

Plus, the 3rd party for Wii is looking great.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]

wiifan001
you act as if last year's nintendos e3 conference sucked or something :?

You act as if it didn't.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts

They could win, they sure have the potential to win, then again, see what happened last year, i'll go for Maybe.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#33 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

nintendo has so many amazing franchises and talented developers up its sleeves that i feel they could blow us away at any conference. its just a matter of whether or not we are part of their e3 strategy. that said, i think the backlash they got from core gamers last e3 will show nintendo that they need to throw us a few treats. so im expecting some good news. whether or not nintendo has the best e3 is irrelevant to meas long as they have a good one.

ShadowedSight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ShadowedSight
Member since 2008 • 1902 Posts

^ Exactly. "Best" is all determined by each gamer, so I hope Nintendo has a good one for many gamers to nominate as "best"

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wiifan001

[QUOTE="Englando_IV"][QUOTE="wiifan001"] you act as if last year's nintendos e3 conference sucked or something :?jdiamnz69

You act as if it didn't.

Ownddd.

Nope. Not owned. As a matter of fact, this is the absolute most predictable comeback statement that could've ever been made at this point. I'm not acting as if it didn't suck. there's no acting involved.
CorruptAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#37 CorruptAndrew
Member since 2008 • 1958 Posts

I will be happy as long as they announce a new Metroid game or a new Kid Icrus games if not a new mario game or Zelda game will be goog enough

nsn_83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nsn_83
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
hi I am new member ^_^ my English is not that good so excuse my writing this week I will buy Wii so I will enjoy playing mario wario DK and other games so I will spend good time with Wii so i hope to see new games from nintendo in E3 so until i finish the available games I hope the new games they will show in E3 will be available when I finish the old Wii games See yaaaa
jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

I will be happy as long as they announce a new Metroid game or a new Kid Icrus games if not a new mario game or Zelda game will be goog enough

CorruptAndrew

I second this. Go metroid.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
Nintendo never does what we expect them to do, so I propose we expect the worst year ever so that the opposite will occur.
Avatar image for christ4ever9889
christ4ever9889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 christ4ever9889
Member since 2007 • 1349 Posts

One of my philosophies in parts of life is to keep expectations super low so then when they are suprassed you have more reasons to be happy.

So my expectations for nintendo E3 is to announce that they are going to release teletubbies games for the next 4 years, then release a new zelda game where you work at mcdonalds and you are trying to build a relationship with the manager who's name is Zelda by killing several cows with your sword. I am stoked for when nintendo exceeds my expectations:)

Avatar image for Nintendo_Fan128
Nintendo_Fan128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 Nintendo_Fan128
Member since 2006 • 4270 Posts

I'm expecting some info about Pikmin 3, new Zelda trailer, US release date for M&L3, Kid Icarus Wii.

blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#43 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts

At this point Nintendo is already owning E3. It depends on how well Sony and MS's new motion controlled stuff turns out. I imagine that would steal the show.

maxgil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 maxgil2
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

Just hoping/waiting to hear Starfox back in the cockpit flying... ;)

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts

Im pretty sure nintendos will be another fail...a lot less fail then last year but still fail. The mario game that they said they were working on last year will be annonced and maybe the zelda and that will be all that they say thats worth talking about.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 wiifan001

Im pretty sure nintendos will be another fail...a lot less fail then last year but still fail. The mario game that they said they were working on last year will be annonced and maybe the zelda and that will be all that they say thats worth talking about.

webbut
There's a problem here. Nintendo didn't come even remotely close to failing in area of last year's conference.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
I won't say they will or won't until I see what they have, I haven't played a game on my system since Smash Brothers came out, if all the rumors are true about the system, then a new Mario, Zelda and Pikmin game will make me dust my system off to play it again. only time will tell.
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

I'm predicting more of the same from last year to be honest.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

One of my philosophies in parts of life is to keep expectations super low so then when they are suprassed you have more reasons to be happy.

So my expectations for nintendo E3 is to announce that they are going to release teletubbies games for the next 4 years, then release a new zelda game where you work at mcdonalds and you are trying to build a relationship with the manager who's name is Zelda by killing several cows with your sword.christ4ever9889

Please be careful not to overhype yourself.

ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ekalbtwin
[QUOTE="christ4ever9889"]

So my expectations for nintendo E3 is to announce that they are going to release teletubbies games for the next 4 years, then release a new zelda game where you work at mcdonalds and you are trying to build a relationship with the manager who's name is Zelda by killing several cows with your sword. I am stoked for when nintendo exceeds my expectations:)

Are you kidding? that kind of game has win all over it, just think of the depth that could be added by having you have to go and get a mask to turn into a goron so you would be strong enough to load the cow into the grinder!!!! Dont even get me going on the fries. I do think not getting too hyped isa good thing but I also think if you are not going to at least get a littel excited then what is the point of paying attention to E3 anyway?