Nintendos Cover up

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

Most of you already know about the so called disk read error with Brawl having to do because the game being Dual layered. Yet the same thing is happening with Mario kart. This is the statement from Nintendo.

Japan - Brawl disc read errors return, but this time it's Mario Kart

"The exact same issue that happened to Japanese gamers that bought Brawl is now happening with Mario Kart Wii. Some people that purchased the game are complaining that their Wii cannot read the disc, and the game is freezing/crashing. Nintendo has once again stated that the problem is due to Mario Kart Wii being a double-layer disc. Nintendo will clean your Wii for you, which should do away with the problem. I would be very interested to find out if the people experiencing the Mario Kart Wii problem also purchased Brawl."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice the key word or statement made from Nintendo "Nintendo has once again stated that the problem is due to Mario Kart Wii being a double-layer disc".

However Mario Kart is not a double-layered game it's a single layered game at 4.31GB. This leads me to believe that the Disk read error has nothing to really do with double layered discs but rather a cover up for faulty DVD driver hard-ware. This can also be caused like Nintendo said of the building up of dust over periods of use which will lead to disk read errors which in future games Nintendo will no longer cover after the 12 month warranty. But this however does not explain why the Wii is having such hard time reading normal disk sized games like Mario Kart which the Wii should be able to read since users were able to play all their older games other than brawl which were all on normal disks with the dust build up.

It has been confirmed on other sites as well that it is a single layered game.

Link

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts
Dun dun dun
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Mario Kart is a dual layer disk

Sorry to burst the bubble.

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zaku101

Jaysonguy

Taken from Joystiq.

"Thing is, we can't find any reports of Mario Kart Wii being a dual-layered game -- on the contrary, some early purchasers (and those who obtained the game through more ... dubious channels) are certain it's single-layered."

starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
does MKW have enough content to justify having a dual-layered disc?
Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts
I guess the only logical answer is that these problems are only rumors.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

zaku101

Taken from Joystiq.

"Thing is, we can't find any reports of Mario Kart Wii being a dual-layered game -- on the contrary, some early purchasers (and those who obtained the game through more ... dubious channels) are certain it's single-layered."

1. Those people don't have all the content

2. It's on a dual layer disk

3. It's probably to weed out the users who need their lens replaced that didn't also buy Smash Bros.

There's no conspiracy here

MarioMellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 MarioMellow
Member since 2007 • 156 Posts
They also know who killed JFK. :twisted:
EnozmeH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 EnozmeH
Member since 2004 • 1019 Posts
Not everyone is experiencing this problem. My Brawl disc is working just fine, i guess all those who have problems are turning to a conspiracy!
VegasAceVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 VegasAceVII
Member since 2006 • 404 Posts
Mine works fine.
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zaku101

I also hear that Nintendo has replaced individuals Wiis which suffered from graphical problems. These problems came from the Wiis 24 connect over heating the Wiis Graphic card and causing bugs like weird lines and shapes.

Link

I hear that individuals that return their Wiis with this problem get it returned from Nintendo with a message like this. I am sorry sir we could not find anything wrong with your Wii. The individual now hooks it up and it's fixed. Why the cover up story?

theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 theweakbear
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts
Jayson you're not always right. It's single layered...
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 theweakbear
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts

I also hear that Nintendo has replaced individuals Wiis which suffered from graphical problems. These problems came from the Wiis 24 connect over heating the Wiis Graphic card and causing bugs like weird lines and shapes.

Link

I hear that individuals that return their Wiis with this problem get it returned from Nintendo with a message like this. I am sorry sir we could not find anything wrong with your Wii. The individual now hooks it up and it's fixed. Why the cover up story?

zaku101

Yeah my Wii had a graphical problem. But it's not from wiiconnect24, it's because the Wii was defective. Wiiconnect24 (since it keeps the Wii kind of warm) will make a defective Wii show it's graphical probelm sooner... If an ordinary Wii was left on wiiconnect24 it should be alright.

Besides, who cares if they are covering up the truth slightly, they're fixing them for free!

kakkarott23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 kakkarott23
Member since 2003 • 2134 Posts

Link

zaku101

No hardware is perfect. There are issues with all consoles. The key is that Nintendo is fixing the issue. I love my 360 but it sure took microsoft to even admit there was a problem eventhough they knew. Nor did they have a problem taking the money at that time. It is the world of technology

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#16 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

agreed. people are looking into this too much IMO. or is that what nintendo whats us to do?

Not everyone is experiencing this problem. My Brawl disc is working just fine, i guess all those who have problems are turning to a conspiracy!EnozmeH

trublu289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 trublu289
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I agree its free so why complain. and to those who obtained it non legally it is possible to convert a dvd9 disc to dvd5.
Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts

Maybe it is a daul disc but only has 4 gb of memory. The extra memory could have been used to speed up load times.

But of course this is just speculation.

nintend-man86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 nintend-man86
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts

anyone know why waldo is hidding? i bet nintendo knows

the thing is that nintendo has a pretty good excuse. It's a dual layerd disc,your bound to have problems with it. And if there is only 4 gigs, the extra room is for load times, so it all doesnt go out like Brawls load times.

Slingblade1170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Slingblade1170
Member since 2005 • 437 Posts
I know for a fact that they just don't clean the Wiis they replace damage components which causes the error. Thats what they did to my Wii when i sent it in. But its free so who cares
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#21 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts
What exactly is Nintendo covering up? I'm not sure I understand. Nintendo has admitted that there's a problem and will fix your Wii free of charge if you run into the problem, won't they?
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

They are making the games crash on purpose so you'll send your Wii in, where they then proceed to install a better CPU, GPU, more RAM, HD output, a BluRay player, and an 80GB hard drive, in order to compete with the PS3/360.

Here's a picture of what it looks like when you get it back:

MarioMellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 MarioMellow
Member since 2007 • 156 Posts

They are making the games crash on purpose so you'll send your Wii in, where they then proceed to install a better CPU, GPU, more RAM, HD output, a BluRay player, and an 80GB hard drive, in order to compete with the PS3/360.

Here's a picture of what it looks like when you get it back:

bob_newman

:lol:

Avatar image for duble_Needler23
duble_Needler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 duble_Needler23
Member since 2004 • 5200 Posts
[QUOTE="zaku101"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Taken from Joystiq.

1. Those people don't have all the content

2. It's on a dual layer disk

3. It's probably to weed out the users who need their lens replaced that didn't also buy Smash Bros.

There's no conspiracy here

Thank you. The disc is indeed dual layered. Stop this nonsense.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#25 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
lies all lies i havent had a single disc read error on wii , with brawl or any non scratched or ok disc . maybe these people scratched their discs or what not, i had a wii since day 1 it continues to read disc and never freezes im sorry 360 fanboys that your console breaks every 6 months or your ps3 controller randomly disconnects and goes crazy but nintendos quality and proved so by offering free repairs , immediately not a year later or ship a box pay shipping time etc like other companies , dont like wii lump it..
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

lies all lies i havent had a single disc read error on wii , with brawl or any non scratched or ok disc . maybe these people scratched their discs or what not, i had a wii since day 1 it continues to read disc and never freezes im sorry 360 fanboys that your console breaks every 6 months or your ps3 controller randomly disconnects and goes crazy but nintendos quality and proved so by offering free repairs , immediately not a year later or ship a box pay shipping time etc like other companies , dont like wii lump it.. mariokart64fan

Dude, statistics don't lie. A lot of people have had problems with the dual-layered discs. In fact, enough people had the problem that Nintendo actually addressed the issue.

And why are you being such a fanboy right now? PS3/360 have nothing to do with this thread.

skingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 skingus
Member since 2006 • 2370 Posts

Link

zaku101

This IS kind of funny. I sent my Wii in for some pointer IR problems ( which was wierd, because you wouldn't think that would actually be the console itself, but they told me to send it anyways). Then, when I got it back, there was a letter stating that they found no problem, but when I tried it out the "problem" was gone.

This could be the smartest buisness practice i've ever seen.:lol: I don't care either way, it was free and the customer service was flawless.