SunnahWay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By SunnahWay
Member since 2024 • 2 Posts

Why is there as significant price difference from the refurbished Nintendo Wii bought at Gamespot versus the Nintendo Wii that are sold on Amazon?

I'm at parent. I was trying to buy a gift and I just wanted to get the best quality Nintendo Wii with my money spent. I would appreciate the advice. Thank you very much.

Cheddarchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 105

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Cheddarchet
Member since 2006 • 375 Posts

While it's hard to say for certain without seeing them both, it could be that one was an earlier model. Later Wii models removed GameCube backwards compatibility to save on costs, so they're a lot cheaper these days.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1051 Posts

Because on Amazon there is no set price for specific items. This is up to the individual seller who is listing products on Amazon.

Any seller can sell anything at whatever price they want with no discretion. You will find sellers trying to take advantage of buyers who don't shop around and who don't do research on what they are buying.

It is up to you to find one at a price you think is fair from a seller with good reviews, kind of like eBay.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4225 Posts

I think you can see what kind of console you’re purchasing at GameStop, rather than taking a risk with Amazon, because of inaccuracies in the listing.