--Nintendo WiFi Connection FAQ & Info-- *GAMES, help, routers, more!*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jcthemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#951 Jcthemaster
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I can't seem to get my ds connected to WiFi at all. It cuts me off right in the middle of it, and I'm pretty positive that it's my router speed (an MI424WR model from Actiontec at 100 mbps, error code 52100). Here's the thing though; I DON'T HAVE A FREAKING CLUE HOW TO REDUCE THE ROUTER SPEED :evil::cry: Anyone help me out? And if I have this kind of problem wirelessly, can I just buy a usb cord for my ds? Thanks :)

Avatar image for slayerofhackerz
slayerofhackerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#952 slayerofhackerz
Member since 2007 • 1273 Posts

no, its not your router speed. Since your using a wirless connection, what you should do is a maunal set up

The first thing you'll need to do is find out what IP address range you should be using. To do this:

1. Click the "Start" button in the lower left-hand corner of your computer.
  2. Next, you will need to access the command prompt. To do this:
    • Windows XP users click "Run."
    • Windows Vista users click inside the search bar.
  3. Type "cmd" into the box and press Enter.
  4. Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press Enter. The IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and DNS servers of the PC will be displayed.

The IP address you are going to assign to the Nintendo DS must be 10 digits higher than the PC's. (e.g., 192.168.1.100 becomes 192.168.1.110). The DS and PC must have different IP addresses.

Enter in the exact same values for your Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS and Secondary DNS. They must be the same for your Nintendo DS and for your PC.

Hope that helped:D

Liwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#953 Liwin
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

Hi, I have a question.

I already have a wireless router. ****** F5D8230-4. But my NDS still can't connect with it. It says error code 52000 and unable obtain an IP address. Move within range of the access point or check DHCP setting.

How can I set it up?? Thx....

Hitman2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#954 Hitman2500
Member since 2008 • 372 Posts
i just got my ds to permenantly be on the internet. no more switching settings temporarily anymore.
Liwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#955 Liwin
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

i just got my ds to permenantly be on the internet. no more switching settings temporarily anymore.Hitman2500

Do you use ******??

Gotskillz123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#956 Gotskillz123
Member since 2006 • 88 Posts

Okay, so my Nintendo USB Connector just won't install for some reason. Yesterday it was working fine(although it would take it a while to connect on the Wii's internet channel), but then I began to notice pictures weren't loading right on the Internet Channel , so I decided to go back to the Wii menu and see if that worked. From then on it just wouldn't connect to the USB Connector, and the one time it d, it said it was connected but the pages were completely blank and wouldn't load. I thought that maybe reinstalling to the new version would help, but didn't and never finished installing. All the bars are filled up but just before it finishes a pop up comes up and it says "internet connection sharing error". in the same installing screen it says application error. I've tried severral times but it says the same thing.

Here's some info/what I've tried so far, just to clear up it's not the more simple things that may cause this problem:

1. The firewall is off so it's not that

2. It's not the virus protection

3. I already tried uninstallin(I followed all the steps at Nintendo's site for uninstalling) and reinstalling the new version and that didnt work

4. I'm using Windows XP.

5. My connection is share.

6. Think thats it.

slayerofhackerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#957 slayerofhackerz

[QUOTE="Hitman2500"]i just got my ds to permenantly be on the internet. no more switching settings temporarily anymore.Liwin

Do you use ******??

****** + NDS = No Deal
slayerofhackerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#958 slayerofhackerz

Okay, so my Nintendo USB Connector just won't install for some reason. Yesterday it was working fine(although it would take it a while to connect on the Wii's internet channel), but then I began to notice pictures weren't loading right on the Internet Channel , so I decided to go back to the Wii menu and see if that worked. From then on it just wouldn't connect to the USB Connector, and the one time it d, it said it was connected but the pages were completely blank and wouldn't load. I thought that maybe reinstalling to the new version would help, but didn't and never finished installing. All the bars are filled up but just before it finishes a pop up comes up and it says "internet connection sharing error". in the same installing screen it says application error. I've tried severral times but it says the same thing.

Here's some info/what I've tried so far, just to clear up it's not the more simple things that may cause this problem:

1. The firewall is off so it's not that

2. It's not the virus protection

3. I already tried uninstallin(I followed all the steps at Nintendo's site for uninstalling) and reinstalling the new version and that didnt work

4. I'm using Windows XP.

5. My connection is share.

6. Think thats it.

Gotskillz123
Cant hepl if its an application error, but sharing error can be rectified by typin in sharing error whatever the number is and following said steps
peegeray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#959 peegeray
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

i've been having troubles connecting with my ****** router (ver. F5D8233)

it connects to the ds and the wii fine, and i can use the internet channel, shopping channel etc.

the problem is when i try connecting with other people online. it constantly comes up with error 86420 when i try any wifi compatible game (so far i have used brawl, mario kart wii, pokemon d/p and animal crossing)

although, i have found that i can connect to a few people fine on any game, and others will not connect whatsoever and i just get error 86420

and i have no idea what to do

help?

slayerofhackerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#960 slayerofhackerz
look up the error code, see what nintendo has to say
j_rowly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#961 j_rowly

For Window Defender, I went to Advanced Options and where it says "Do not scan these files or loacations", I added the WiFi Connector folder.

Then I turned off the Norton firewall and along with the window's firewall, installed the software, restarted the PC and I was able to connect! YAY!

JigokuCho

hey, i have read as much as i can of the previous posts but i am still really confused and cant get my wii to connect to the WiFi USB connector (it fails all the tests)

does anyone know if there is an anti-virus that allows the usb connector to work at the same time? i have norton 360 and i dont like the idea of turning off all my firewalls leaving the pc completely unprotected.

and also... i cant seem to find the 'advanced options' for windows defender

please help :(.....

j_rowly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#962 j_rowly

i forgot to say i am using VISTA

j_rowly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#963 j_rowly

For Window Defender, I went to Advanced Options and where it says "Do not scan these files or loacations", I added the WiFi Connector folder.

Then I turned off the Norton firewall and along with the window's firewall, installed the software, restarted the PC and I was able to connect! YAY!

JigokuCho

.... i also forgot to ask if what is meant by the 'wii connector folder' is everything contained on he disk or something else?

cheers :p

iamsammy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#964 iamsammy71
Member since 2007 • 327 Posts

Is online for the DS worth it because I have a TKIP code on my WIFI and I don't really want to remove it unless th online is awesome. Any suggestions?

slayerofhackerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#965 slayerofhackerz

depends on the game

Skip04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#966 Skip04
Member since 2005 • 4390 Posts

I own a DS and the USB connector. Up untill a few days ago, the connector was working fine, but now i'm unable to connect. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, as well as updated the installer. The DS is able to recognise the USB but i keep getting error code 52203. As far as I know my firewall isn't interfeering with it, but i don't know a whole lot about that kind of stuff. This is really frustrating. Can anyone help?
I'm using Windows XP, by the way.

slayerofhackerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#967 slayerofhackerz

take the code to the nintendo wifi site, look for tech support, ds, error codes

i do believe that is something to do with the ip address, confirm that first

froLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#968 froLT

hello,

so, I have a problem connecting to WiFi :(

My NDSl finds the hotspots (locked and unlocked) , i choose an unlocked hotspot, all settings is good, and when I choose an option to test the connection, the connection fails... first moments it shows green (full) section and suddebly it becomes red and I get an error.

Maybe it's becouse I bought my NDSl in Germany, and I want to connect in Lithuania?

slayerofhackerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#969 slayerofhackerz

regions i believe go by continent so it should be fine

u need to give me your error code to help more

froLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#970 froLT
so I tried to connect again, and got code 52000 :/ if you can, please check it up, 'couse I can't use my pc now.
slayerofhackerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#971 slayerofhackerz

The first thing you'll need to do is find out what IP address range you should be using. To do this:

1. Click the "Start" button in the lower left-hand corner of your computer.
  2. Next, you will need to access the command prompt. To do this:
    • Windows XP users click "Run."
    • Windows Vista users click inside the search bar.
  3. Type "cmd" into the box and press Enter.
  4. Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press Enter. The IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and DNS servers of the PC will be displayed.

The IP address you are going to assign to the Nintendo DS must be 10 digits higher than the PC's. (e.g., 192.168.1.100 becomes 192.168.1.110). The DS and PC must have different IP addresses.

Enter in the exact same values for your Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Primary DNS and Secondary DNS. They must be the same for your Nintendo DS and for your PC.

You will now need to manually assign this new IP address to your Nintendo DS. For step-by-step instructions on how to do this, please click here.

froLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#972 froLT
I'm not using my own hotspot. After few more tries, I got another error codes, one of them, IRC, is 52201 or sth like that, I will post correct code later, if I will get it again.
slayerofhackerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#973 slayerofhackerz
good luck with getting a foreign hotspot to work XD
SweetLikeChoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#974 SweetLikeChoco
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Can someone please help me. Everytime i try the connection test in wifi setup it says i can connect to the access point but I'm not connected to the server. I get this error code 52203. Oh.. I almost forgot I'm using the usb.
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#975 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

I have a Nintendo wifi usb connector and it works fine.My brother has a wii and all he did was type in the wep key to the wireless gate way (att uverse) and his wii is connected but I want to use the gateway also(because I'm to lazy to turn my computer on for wifi) but i typed in the wep key and i keep getting an error.

what should i do? or is it because it is easier for the wii to automatically find all the things it needs to get a connection using the wep key. If so, since the dsi settings look like the wii's will it be easier to get connected using just the wep key?

altenter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#976 altenter
Member since 2003 • 409 Posts

(If so, since the dsi settings look like the wii's will it be easier to get connected using just the wep key)

the wep key way is always the easy way to do things.

connecting through a nintendo wifi conector is a pain to go through.

THIEN1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#977 THIEN1996
can you help me? i've got vista and i am using the wifi usb connector and i keep getting this error code 52103 I would appreciate it if you helped me. Thanks
slayerofhackerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#978 slayerofhackerz
zomg read what i got down before asking
OmegaMaximum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#979 OmegaMaximum
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I hope you guys can help me, I've been trying to get my Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector to work for a while now. I just reinstalled it again, reset my connection settins on the Wii and did the connection test. When I test it, I get the 52040 error code. I have only the Windows XP firewall installed and it's currently turned off. I have AVG anti-virus installed as well. I can't figure out what the problem is for the life of me.
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#980 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

I have an linksys and its secured option is on and my nintendo ds can't go online when the secured is on. Is it possible to go online without turning off the secured thing?

bunchable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#981 bunchable
HELP!!!!!! I can't get my brand new DSi to connect via wifi hotspots - I've tried all the places I used to go to with my old DS lite but it doesn't work!!!!!! Anyone know which UK outlets have DSi compatible hotspots?
Donny957

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#982 Donny957

I need help on Metroid Prime Hunters, every time I go on Wi-Fi Connection, it gives me an error code 52100can someone help me? My e-mail is ddoughty59@yahoo.com, please give me a message when you found out how to fix the error.

johnbrutus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#983 johnbrutus
Member since 2009 • 44 Posts
Ok, I'm interested in buying a Nintendo DS but my Netgear WGR614v6 (well, the v5 is listed) has a one star rating. I guess I can TRY it but if that won't work can I use internet connection sharing with my Linksys PCI adapter?TekkenMaster606
How to know the version of Netgear WGR614.I want to purchase it from ebay.in but they don't mention the version.
Avatar image for whatsherface162
whatsherface162

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#984 whatsherface162
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts

I'm at work and we have free wi-fi. You need to have the password though. I know the password. Anyway, I put the password in the SSID and WEP Key spot cause I have no idea where to put it, and I was hoping I'd get lucky so I don't know what SSID or WEP Key is. Well, when I did a test connection with those in place it says "Error Code 51099; Unable to find a compatible access point. Confirm SSID settings or move within range of a compatible access point." So, what should I do?

pizzafan5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#985 pizzafan5

im haveing the same problem your having i put the disc in wait it saids to connect the adapter i do and then saids insert adapter when it already in there in no flashing lightSO did you bump the adpter the slightest bump breaks it it is very fragile i think the fuse inside might of broke and thats why there is no flashing light and its not vista if you find out how to fix this tell me plz

pulinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#986 pulinha
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Hi guys. I've got a problem...My internet is protected by a proxy server, so when I try to connect to WiFi, the signal will go to 3 bars for a few seconds, then drop to 0/red, and appears a message: Error Code 52201. What can I do about this?? Please help.
ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#987 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

This is pretty interesting, it should be stickied...

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#988 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

Hi guys. I've got a problem...My internet is protected by a proxy server, so when I try to connect to WiFi, the signal will go to 3 bars for a few seconds, then drop to 0/red, and appears a message: Error Code 52201. What can I do about this?? Please help.pulinha

Look that up on nintendo.com (the error message)

rickatick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#989 rickatick
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts

ok, my router only has WPA security so i cant play wifi. So i was wondering if i buy the usb connector off ebay or w/e will that make it so I can play wifi? thanks in advance:)

GAMERKID707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#990 GAMERKID707
Member since 2009 • 461 Posts

idk if this has already been talked about in this forum but how can i find out how many people are online in a game at once, games like phantasy star zero or metroid prime hunters,or others?

peuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#991 peuth

ok, my router only has WPA security so i cant play wifi. So i was wondering if i buy the usb connector off ebay or w/e will that make it so I can play wifi? thanks in advance:)

rickatick

I wouldn't count on it, my friend had problems with connecting to his router through wi-fi, he bought the nintendo usb connector and it didn't help at all...