Nintendo Power announces "epic" RPG coming to Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts
At the very back of the most recent issue (225), they hint towards a major story for next months issue. They said: AN EPIC UNFOLDS Next months cover story is an RPG so fantastic, so engrossing, so epic, and so hush-hush that we'd have to erase your memories if we told you what it is. In fact, maybe we already did. Role-playing fans, get ready for a big one. Has anyone here heard any news on this announcement? I'm going to throw out a wild guess and say: maybe we're going to see some real FF's on Wii. News that's this big must at least have something to do with Square-Enix. Any theories?
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

The already rumoured Kid Icarus and a new Golden Sun are the most likely candidates imo

Seeing as it's an announcement, I'm guessing it won't just be info on Tales of Symphonia 2 or Final Fantasy CC: Crystal Bearers, which would be nice anyway

Either way, can't wait. I'm hoping Retro are the ones working on it.

just_for_kicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 just_for_kicks
Member since 2007 • 3509 Posts
i haven't heard anything about this, its news to me. sounds pretty big though, you gotta hope that square-enix is in on something like this
enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 enduin
Member since 2003 • 1364 Posts
Very old, I would be very surprised if the game was third party, and especially surprised if it was an RPG geared more towards the Japanese, ala FF or Pokemon. The game is most likely by Nintendo, and with that its either new, or a series that has done much better in the west than it has in Japan, the same would go for if it does turn out to be a third party title.
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Erebyssial
By the way, is the game actually going to be properly confirmed in the next issue? And of so, whens the first day the info will be publically available?
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Conjuration
Very old, I would be very surprised if the game was third party, and especially surprised if it was an RPG geared more towards the Japanese, ala FF or Pokemon. The game is most likely by Nintendo, and with that its either new, or a series that has done much better in the west than it has in Japan, the same would go for if it does turn out to be a third party title.enduin
Thanks for the good ol' "very old" slap in the face. Very nice. You see it's not just "old" to you, it's VERY old. My 3 or 4 day old issue which arrived in the mail is apparently too outdated. I'd better make sure it's for Feb 2008, not like '04 or something. I mean come on. :-p P.S.- I had to let that out. I just hate when someone starts their reply like that. Carry on.
enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 enduin

By the way, is the game actually going to be properly confirmed in the next issue? And of so, whens the first day the info will be publically available?Erebyssial

I think well find out in a little less than 2 weeks. This last issues news came out the Jan 12th so sometime around there I would imagine.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Conjuration
By the way, is the game actually going to be properly confirmed in the next issue? And of so, whens the first day the info will be publically available?Erebyssial
Well it's the cover story, so we'll get some good info for sure I'd say.
enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 enduin

[QUOTE="enduin"]Very old, I would be very surprised if the game was third party, and especially surprised if it was an RPG geared more towards the Japanese, ala FF or Pokemon. The game is most likely by Nintendo, and with that its either new, or a series that has done much better in the west than it has in Japan, the same would go for if it does turn out to be a third party title.Conjuration
Thanks for the good ol' "very old" slap in the face. Very nice. You see it's not just "old" to you, it's VERY old. My 3 or 4 day old issue which arrived in the mail is apparently too outdated. I'd better make sure it's for Feb 2008, not like '04 or something. I mean come on. :-p P.S.- I had to let that out. I just hate when someone starts their reply like that. Carry on.

Good for you, but this info is very old, almost three weeks old in fact. So maybe your issue is only 3 or 4 days old, but the contents inside of it has been well know for over half a month.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Conjuration

[QUOTE="Erebyssial"]By the way, is the game actually going to be properly confirmed in the next issue? And of so, whens the first day the info will be publically available?enduin

I think the next issues comes out in a little less than 2 weeks. This last issues news came out the Jan 12th so sometime around there I would imagine.

What's going on over here then? Geez, i just got mine a few days ago.
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Erebyssial
k, sweet.
Tokyo512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tokyo512
Member since 2007 • 1207 Posts
Mushroom Kingdom Hearts!!! lol just joke... Actually a game with all nintendo worlds acting as an RPG would make me piss myself. They did it with a fighting game and that went too well.
Durffen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Durffen
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts

The already rumoured Kid Icarus and a new Golden Sun are the most likely candidates imo

Seeing as it's an announcement, I'm guessing it won't just be info on Tales of Symphonia 2 or Final Fantasy CC: Crystal Bearers, which would be nice anyway

Erebyssial

Have you heard of Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk? The sequel to the Cube game that is coming to Wii?

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Erebyssial
[QUOTE="Erebyssial"]

Durffen

Have you heard of Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk? The sequel to the Cube game that is coming to Wii?

Yeah, it's one of my most anticipated games for this year

I probably didn't word it properly - what I meant was that because it's going to be announcement, it won't be releasing more info on a game thats already been revealed.

smeghead83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 smeghead83
Member since 2007 • 1645 Posts
[QUOTE="Durffen"][QUOTE="Erebyssial"]

Erebyssial

Yeah, it's one of my most anticipated games for this year

I probably didn't word it properly - what I meant was that because it's going to be announcement, it won't be releasing more info on a game thats already been revealed.

Yea i cant wait for Tales of Syhmphonia 2, i hope all the characters from number 1 make an appreance in it.

Avatar image for caybeirwouleyfe
caybeirwouleyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 caybeirwouleyfe
Member since 2006 • 204 Posts

OK let's put the peices of the puzzle together, IGN says there are to major Franshise revivals for Wii. And they Also say that one of them would make peole wet there pance. Also that game wasn't loved by evryone because of the complex story and because there were too many carachters. Now it seems that its a RPG.

...So, it's seems that the game talked about IS... A New Chrono Trigger !!

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
EARTHBOUND!!!! *sits and waits* :)
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I'm thinking Kid Icarus, being turned into an RPG, or Animal Crossing, I know it's not really an rpg but it could fall into that category for some.
merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#19 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
kid icarus is not epic ,animal crossing is getting close to epic but not quite there some thing this epic is zelda wii >D
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Minishdriveby

kid icarus is not epic ,animal crossing is getting close to epic but not quite there some thing this epic is zelda wii >Dmerch

lol which wont be out until 2010 or 2009. Most likely 10.

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Erebyssial

kid icarus is not epic ,animal crossing is getting close to epic but not quite there some thing this epic is zelda wii >Dmerch

Kid Icarus is epic

Kid Icarus made by Retro Studios is beyond epic

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Minishdriveby

[QUOTE="merch"]kid icarus is not epic ,animal crossing is getting close to epic but not quite there some thing this epic is zelda wii >DErebyssial

Kid Icarus is epic

OH Mii GOSH! If retro makes it then it = greatest thing ever :shock:. PLEASE SAY RETRO IS MAKING IT! I thought factor 5 was supposedly making it though.

lenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lenson
Member since 2006 • 2531 Posts
Do you know for sure its for the wii and not ds? Did the article actually specify?
merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts

[QUOTE="merch"]kid icarus is not epic ,animal crossing is getting close to epic but not quite there some thing this epic is zelda wii >DErebyssial

Kid Icarus is epic

i take what i said back if retro is making it the epicness is pwnzer :D

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Erebyssial
[QUOTE="Erebyssial"]

[QUOTE="merch"]kid icarus is not epic ,animal crossing is getting close to epic but not quite there some thing this epic is zelda wii >DMinishdriveby

Kid Icarus is epic

OH Mii GOSH! If retro makes it then it = greatest thing ever :shock:. PLEASE SAY RETRO IS MAKING IT! I thought factor 5 was supposedly making it though.

Can always dream, it's still possible. :)

I'm forever in love with Retro because they made Metroid Prime a masterpeice series

Nintendo should let Factor5 make a Starfox game seeing as it's similar to their Rogue Quadron series, which they did well.

Avatar image for caybeirwouleyfe
caybeirwouleyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 caybeirwouleyfe
Member since 2006 • 204 Posts

Do you know for sure its for the wii and not ds? Did the article actually specify? lenson

I hope it's for both :)