Nintendo Marketing is going to catch up with them.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/25/nintendo-amazingly-gets-worse-at-marketing-just-in-time-for-plummeting-wii-u-sales/

This highlights that Nintendo is not even presenting the few advantages going for the system right now.

To sum it up really roughly, why is there not more of "here is (sizzle reel of actual good games on the system), here is new online modes like Miiverse, here are all these multiplats that are starting to look better than the 360/PS3 versions, here is a really good internet browser/Hulu Plus/Netflix, Amazon Instant/Youtube, here is a huge back catalog of VC/eShop games, and look there are local games that can be 5 players INSTEAD of 4!!!"

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

they advertised the offtv play and games when the system launched..last holiday

the only game they advertised this year so far is windwaker HD

but ill bet their next marketing campaign will launch this november and december.

look at xbox one...no advertising at all either. they are also waiting for november and december. thats when everyone in the USA opens their wallet.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#3 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

At least it is making clear that the Wii U is a totally different animal when compared to the Wii.

It sort of makes sense when you consider many people from the so-called expanded audience have trouble figuring out what exactly is the Wii U.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

The article is pretty old - dated at March 25th, 2013.

It's true that Nintendo hasn't marketed the Wii U well, but I'm fully expecting that to happen toward the end of the month and well into November. Marketing a brand new console Super Mario 3D World for $100 less than a PS4, plus with a totally new controller, off-TV play, etc. That's when I think they'll really push it, though it does seem a bit late.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

the game store near me doesn't even stock wii u games, since they don't sell. nintendo needs to do something to fix that.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thedude-

I know they are going to advertise more around the holidays, but how they advertise it is going to be the problem. Its just going to be vague and general like most of their new campaigns. Its almost like they are afraid to specifically present what is actually good about the system.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

@thedude- said:

I know they are going to advertise more around the holidays, but how they advertise it is going to be the problem. Its just going to be vague and general like most of their new campaigns. Its almost like they are afraid to specifically present what is actually good about the system.

even with amazing advertising, it it enough to sway people from the xbox/PS4? as far as systems go, most people already have their mind made up. it just a matter of when.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

@starwarsjunky
said:

@thedude- said:

even with amazing advertising, it it enough to sway people from the xbox/PS4? as far as systems go, most people already have their mind made up. it just a matter of when.

They can easily go after the parent that wants to buy their kid a console but thinks the PS4 is a little too steep. $299 with a Mario game packed in that works with their current control set (assuming they own a Wii) is pretty appealing around Christmas.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thedude-

@starwarsjunky said:

@thedude- said:

There is a definite market out there that would get more enjoyment out of the Wii U. Nintendo needs to change their marketing strategy though.