nintendo IPs not on DS yet

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

which one would you like to see? i'd love a Super Smash Bros DS, perhaps a 2d pikmin DS.

i mean even chibi, DK, got DS games, why not smash and ol' capt. Olimar?

no sequels, just post nintendo franchises, old or more recent that haven't appeared on DS

also, anyone else picking up fire emblem next week?

also, pilotwings, earthbound could fit DS well i think

_Pinbot_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 _Pinbot_
Member since 2008 • 1062 Posts
I want Super Mario RPG (SNES) with NO changes.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts
Earthbound!!
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darth-pyschosis

I want Super Mario RPG (SNES) with NO changes._Pinbot_

theres already 2 mario RPGs, the newest one, which i sincerely hope isn't called Mario and Luigi RPG 3, like it may be looks awesome

so another RPG mario, would be pushing it. i want another IP that hasn't been represented by nintendo on DS yet though with hotel dusk, layton, brain age, nintendndogs, they've debuted some good IPs on DS, so credit given where credit due

seriously though use a 256mb card for smash bros already ninty, have 20 or so characters and stages, voice chat, 1-4 player versus, and 1-2 player co-op story and we're talking just no lag

additionally, if there were a smash DS, would you guys want it to be 3d or 2d? its already on a 2d plane

KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts
F-Zero
ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

[QUOTE="_Pinbot_"]I want Super Mario RPG (SNES) with NO changes.darth-pyschosis

theres already 2 mario RPGs, the newest one, which i sincerely hope isn't called Mario and Luigi RPG 3, like it may be looks awesome

so another RPG mario, would be pushing it. i want another IP that hasn't been represented by nintendo on DS yet though with hotel dusk, layton, brain age, nintendndogs, they've debuted some good IPs on DS, so credit given where credit due

seriously though use a 256mb card for smash bros already ninty, have 20 or so characters and stages, voice chat, 1-4 player versus, and 1-2 player co-op story and we're talking just no lag

additionally, if there were a smash DS, would you guys want it to be 3d or 2d? its already on a 2d plane

Anyway would be cool with me as long as I get it. Even if it was the original smash, I would be happy as long as it's on the ds.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darth-pyschosis
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

[QUOTE="_Pinbot_"]I want Super Mario RPG (SNES) with NO changes.ShuichiChamp24

Anyway would be cool with me as long as I get it. Even if it was the original smash, I would be happy as long as it's on the ds.

its gotta have voice chat for team battles, 1-4 players WiFi. it should have DS only characters like toon link, tetra, and some killer DS 3rd party characters like Phoenix Wright, Chrono, etc. controls should work fine

its just do you use touch screen for two screens of stage, but the grapihcs would have to be 2d coz the crippling regular DS hardware can't render good 3d on both at the same time

so i'd say 3d, only on top screen with touch screen used for a 2d map of the stage

what i hate most is how we the fans can easily figure out how it would work on the hardware, online, the controls, but NOOO its so hard for nintendo to come arond to it. hopefully now that brawl is out they will.

also, a pictochat stage or stage builder where you draw the stages, FTW

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

Ya know, the only problem of porting/making sequels of a certain game to the DS is the changes that they need to make to the graphics.

Sometimes they are ok, sometimes they are better, but sometimes they not that good and take the original feel of the game, unfortunately.

Unless theyuse the DSi hardware plus a 256 mb card, then probably it's possible to make it... but a DSi exclusive SSMB with a 256 MB card so early is too risky, so even if they plan to do so... we won't see it soon, maybe in a few years, when people stops their rant about the DSi because their lites are getting old or for some other reason and if the DSi takes over the market... then it's quite possible.

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 darth-pyschosis

Ya know, the only problem of porting/making sequels of a certain game to the DS is the changes that they need to make to the graphics.

Sometimes they are ok, sometimes they are better, but sometimes they not that good and take the original feel of the game, unfortunately.

Unless theyuse the DSi hardware plus a 256 mb card, then probably it's possible to make it... but a DSi exclusive SSMB with a 256 MB card so early is too risky, so even if they plan to do so... we won't see it soon, maybe in a few years, when people stops their rant about the DSi because their lites are getting old or for some other reason and if the DSi takes over the market... then it's quite possible.

meiaman

HOW? ds lite is pretty much an N64, N64 smash was 64mb, its down to around 30mb now (via the VC in japan and other sources) a 256mb card would be more than enuff i believe considering all, esspecially if it was 2d, but 3d would work well too

i mean if it has mario kart graphics 4 players that its a win for me. controls would work fine so long as it was no touch screen

once again, i hate that this hasn't happened yet

hopefully e3 2009, but i'm just hoping

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts
[QUOTE="meiaman"]

darth-pyschosis

HOW? ds lite is pretty much an N64, N64 smash was 64mb, its down to around 30mb now (via the VC in japan and other sources) a 256mb card would be more than enuff i believe considering all, esspecially if it was 2d, but 3d would work well too

i mean if it has mario kart graphics 4 players that its a win for me. controls would work fine so long as it was no touch screen

once again, i hate that this hasn't happened yet

hopefully e3 2009, but i'm just hoping

Ah, a port of N64 SMB, well if you put that on this vision then i have to agree with you.
k3nne3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 k3nne3e
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts
i say pikmin because i would get bored of smash bros after a little while
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
Easily SSB. Playing DS Download with friends would be amazing. However, I hope that they don't just remake the original with some slight modification.
Avatar image for Master-Thief-09
Master-Thief-09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 Master-Thief-09
Member since 2009 • 2534 Posts
From that list, Pikmin. Smash Bros would be welcome too though. I'd like to see a proper Donkey Kong game on DS, no swinging concept.
garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

meiaman

Well, it depends on how much work the developers are willing to put towards porting the game.

Nanu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Nanu-
Member since 2008 • 873 Posts
What about a DK game like Donkey Kong 64. That would be awesome :D
WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts
Pikmin Lite would be great... Come on, the controls would be perfect.
Avatar image for Master-Thief-09
Master-Thief-09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 Master-Thief-09
Member since 2009 • 2534 Posts
What about a DK game like Donkey Kong 64. That would be awesome :DNanu-
As long as they get the controls right, I wouldn't mind. But I also wouldn't mind a 2D DK. DS is the 2D king so it would be welcome.
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
The ds should have new games instead of making mini versions of the games that i can play on my wii
colecoavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 colecoavenger
Member since 2009 • 174 Posts
Metroid. And no, not Hunters or Pinball. Real Metroid.
Toki1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Toki1776
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts

Metroid. And no, not Hunters or Pinball. Real Metroid.colecoavenger

This is what I came into this thread to say, and why I voted "other" in the poll... A side-scrolling Metroid needs to come out on the DS...

Luigirulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#21 Luigirulez
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

which one would you like to see? i'd love a Super Smash Bros DS, perhaps a 2d pikmin DS.

no sequels, just post nintendo franchises, old or more recent that haven't appeared on DS

darth-pyschosis

There is a first pikmin ds?

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
Super Smash Bros. should be on the DS.
tinkerair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tinkerair
Member since 2009 • 218 Posts

Super Smash Bros. :D

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 darth-pyschosis
[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

Luigirulez

There is a first pikmin ds?

no, i said "perhaps a 2D PIKMIN"

Me2nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Me2nice
Member since 2008 • 459 Posts

I've never really experienced a 2-D Metroid aside from Fusion, but even then, that was only for a few minutes. I would love to experience it again with an update.

PS: A metroid in 2D is NOT required on the DS; just like you don't really NEED to play videogames at all.