Nintendo 3DS XL or Nintendo Wii U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Mortalmaster123
Mortalmaster123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Nintendo 3DS XL or Nintendo Wii U (21 votes)

Nintendo 3DS XL 43%
Nintendo Wii U 57%

Wanted to start the poll only to have people give me suggestions to making my decision.

I just can NOT decide which one to go with.

Nintendo 3DS XL:

Pokemon Y
Zelda OoT
Zelda ALBW
Super Mario 3DS Land

Wii U:

Super Mario Land
Monster Hunter 3 (online play)
Zelda Windwaker

Those are just a small list of games I'd like to play on each and I know for a fact I'll end up getting both consoles eventually, just as of now I can only afford the one.

There both in similar price range for me. It's just complicated to decide which one I'd have more time enjoying.

Any suggestions on any of the games above and why you justify one of the consoles purchases?

• 
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Hm. Tough decision. The 3DS has such a great library. But the games you listed for the Wii U are really good too, and it looks like Wii U will have a better 2014 than the 3DS.

Probably the 3DS right now. But this may change during 2014, with the likes of Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Bayonnetta, Smash Bros. (the better version), Yarn Yoshi, etc. And potentially Shin Megami x Fire Emblem and X.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I guess buy the 3DS now and then the Wii U since you have one more game on that list. The Wii U is getting a lot of great games this year, but it's hard to say how long we'll be waiting for them. MH4 is a 3DS exclusive and supports online play, but we only have the assumption that it'll be released this year.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34607 Posts

Right now, the 3DS has more good games. But you'll need a Wii-U for Smash Bros., Mario Kart, DK etc. when they arrive. And if you plan on playing Monster Hunter seriously, that game will keep you busy until the big Wii-U titles arrive. I have it on 3DS, and have played the game for 280 hours and I have no plan to stop. It's even more awesome on the Wii-U, since it's online.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

The 3DS XL worked well,but the price...my goodness! Some picks like SSB(first-time handheld)and Animal Crossing: New Leaf were the only best bet I can think of

lilkarlh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lilkarlh666
Member since 2009 • 168 Posts

I went about a month ago to look into the wii u and the 3ds but i came out with the 3ds and about 8 games. The wii u in terms of software just doesn't cut it for me personally. If you are into rpg type games along with nintendo titles you really can't go wrong. I think the 3ds is easily my favourite system out of the ps3, xbox 360 and wii u. I can't believe i left it this long to get one. But I'm sure glad i took the plunge.

Avatar image for Mortalmaster123
Mortalmaster123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mortalmaster123
Member since 2005 • 1275 Posts

I gave up on Monster Hunter on the 3ds because of the no online capability :(.

I still can't decide what to do, you all give such good points.

lilkarlh666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lilkarlh666
Member since 2009 • 168 Posts

@Mortalmaster123: If i were you and really that stuck, i would just go the simple route of decision. Look at both consoles, and whichever one has the most games that you are likely to play then go for that one. That helped for me on the day. i got the 3ds with 8 games and a few i still want to buy, however for the wii u it was more likely 3 on the day and one future game. Plus with the 3ds being cheaper, that always helps.

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

Take a look at Nintendolife.com which has a nice article of the best games coming to wii u this year.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

I was in the same predicament and went with the wii u bc I was betting that nintendo would turn things for the better like they did with the 3ds. Also I like consoles more than handheld, games like zelda are designed with shorter dungeons that suit mobile gaming.

oh and 3dworld is a lot better than land, land is great and has 3d but the levels in world are better.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I vote 3DS XL. So many great games for it. I am glad I picked one up. For me it was between the 3DS XL or the Vita. I got my 3DS XL on Thanksgiving day of last year for $150. I have six games for it so far.

mkeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mkeyou
Member since 2008 • 995 Posts

if you never got to play wii games i suggest the wii u. otherwise wait and get the 3ds first

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

get the wii u.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Keep this in mind too TC when deciding. If that tablet controller for the Wii U breaks, it will cost you a lot to replace. The cheapest I have found one was on eBay for $150 (That's what I paid for my 3DS XL)