Nintendo 3DS XL: Advice needed from semi to hardcore gamers.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dsownge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dsownge
Member since 2005 • 2393 Posts

TLDR: Aside from RPGs, what upcoming 3DS games that feels deep, immersive, console like quality and not shallow, spinoff, short gameplay bursts games? I'm not a huge fan of zelda.

==========================================================

I apologize for the wall of text.

After my 2 Nintendo DS lite broke, I stopped handheld gaming completely, I am pretty careful on handling my gaming devices since I have a tight budget. I didn't buy the DSi and the normal 3DS. I would love to come back to handheld gaming again but there are a few things which is holding me back. I'm really worried that I might get the hinge crack, dead pixel and the dead top screen problems again if I decided to go with 3DS XL. How durable is the 3DS XL compared to the Nintendo DS lite and the normal 3DS?

Another thing that's holding me back are the games...wait what?. Yes, my experiences with DS lite led me to believe that most games for Nintendo's newest handheld are just shallow, spin offs, lacks immersion or for small bursts of gaming. I don't own Wii, Xbox 360 or PS3. I would like to make the handheld that I'll be choosing be my main gaming device. Most of the games I played in the Nintendo DS lite felt lacking in a way that's hard for me to explain.

The point is, I'm leaning towards the Playstation Vita and I am not asking anyone to convince me hard enough to get back to the Nintendo bandwagon. Some simple feedback about how deep the games are when it comes to gameplay, replayability, online and content will do.

Nintendo 3DS Games that interests me: Castlevania games, Animal Crossing, Dead or alive, real Pokemon games(I'm deeply disappointed with version 2), Super Mario 3D land and Luigi's mansion.

Playstation Vita Games that interests me: Dragon's Crown, Muramasa: Demon blade and some other games not really worth mentioning. Now I know that the Vita is extremely lacking in games and it looks like a dangerous investment, but the look and high quality FEEL of those 2 games impacted me enough to consider Vita as a choice.

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
have you played muramasa: demon blade and dragon's crown? I had both handhelds and literally never played my vita so I sold it on ebay. I traded the 3ds and got the 3ds xl for various reasons and I havent regretted it at all. The XL has a pretty good quality compared to the small 3ds and it feels comfortable and the screens make such a huge difference. the 3ds has full BC with ds games and plus we have a new paper mario coming out very very soon. :) The 3ds definitely has console quality games, at least the one's I have feel like games that could easily be on the wii
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34615 Posts

Vita's games are definitely more like console games than 3DS games. But when Vita's collection of good games consists of 1 or 2 (and one of them being on another platform), while having a pretty crap future ahead of it, it would be very hard to recommend a Vita over 3DS. The future of 3DS looks great, and there are like 5 fantastic games for it already.