This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 mrjam0
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts
some of u might have listened to the podcast on ign. for those who have not... what do u think that the next wii will have: 720? 1080? HDD or flash? HDMI cables? new control scheme or an add on?... and when do u think it'll come out? (keep in mind that the other two are ment to last roughly a decade, so nintendo has to come out with a new console)
ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts
I think it will have HDMI and 1080 but I say that not because I think nintendo is trying to be like the other guys but because HD is getting really mainstream and by the time the Wii 2 comes out they can offer HD graphics at a price point that still non-traditional gamers will pay. So again I say they will do it to not to keep up the other game consoles but instead to do what appeals most to the mainstream market.
mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mrjam0

I think it will have HDMI and 1080 but I say that not because I think nintendo is trying to be like the other guys but because HD is getting really mainstream and by the time the Wii 2 comes out they can offer HD graphics at a price point that still non-traditional gamers will pay. So again I say they will do it to not to keep up the other game consoles but instead to do what appeals most to the mainstream market.ag1052

the first part is pretty much what was said on the podcast. as for the second part, i didnt really think about that, but its a rock solid prediction. well said

Vasc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vasc
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

Probably it will support HDMi like they said before... thats not a big deal... is the NExt-next gen console! (´cos this is the next gen...) I think they will stick with the kind of controllers... (probably for backwards compatibility, any other way would be too risky)

About the other too consoles lasting 10 years... a doubt it.. not the x360 though...

i think if they actually have a cool way of playing games, they are going to stick with the controll schemes, but a cool add on would be nice... like something of your legs for instance?

newkid69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 newkid69
Member since 2007 • 293 Posts

You never can tell what Nintendo is going to do. They do pretty much their thing when it comes to running their company. I hope Nintendo can add a hard drive for storing games and stuff, make their system HD-compatible, improve the graphics where they are a little better than ps3 or 360's, (they could be at least 3 times better), and keep the controls and improve it a little bit. If they can do all this for under $300, then I'm sold!!!!!!:D

dkotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dkotter
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Yeah I agree with the whole HD thing and better graphics. But I think they will also integrate being able to play DVD's and CD's into it. I'm surprised they didn't do that for this Wii so I think they will do something along those lines with the next one.
boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts
By next generation I'm willing to bet all the other competition will have motion controls tied in. Nintendo will probably be back in the mainstream boat. HD graphics are a must, as well as a HDD, HDMI, 5.1(or higher) sound, etc. The next gen is probably a ways away....but Nintendo is going to have to make a HUGE leap to get back into it.
da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
Ok, first of all, the Wii is more of a next gen system then the other 2 consoles. They made improvements in a different direction then the other systems. Graphics are not everything. If you want good graphics, then get a PC. Yea, it would be nice if you could play a wii with better graphics, in HD, have better online games, but no one is perfect. How many of you actuallty have a HD TV? I know 2 people who do. I dont have $2000 to spend on HD TV. I have the same 27in tube one ive had for years. Video games are meant to be fun. I would play an Awesome game in black in white with N64 graphics and use the wii-mote before i play the Halo 3 in HD. I like Halo, but i why play the same game over and over just because it has better graphics??? Why not play something new and inovative.
casinater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 casinater
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

Ok, first of all, the Wii is more of a next gen system then the other 2 consoles. They made improvements in a different direction then the other systems. Graphics are not everything. If you want good graphics, then get a PC. Yea, it would be nice if you could play a wii with better graphics, in HD, have better online games, but no one is perfect. How many of you actuallty have a HD TV? I know 2 people who do. I dont have $2000 to spend on HD TV. I have the same 27in tube one ive had for years. Video games are meant to be fun. I would play an Awesome game in black in white with N64 graphics and use the wii-mote before i play the Halo 3 in HD. I like Halo, but i why play the same game over and over just because it has better graphics??? Why not play something new and inovative.da_chub

i agree that graphics are not everything but there comes a point where it does become a factor. i definately think that nintendo needs to increase the graphics power of the Wii2 to at least that of the 360.

mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mrjam0

By next generation I'm willing to bet all the other competition will have motion controls tied in. Nintendo will probably be back in the mainstream boat. HD graphics are a must, as well as a HDD, HDMI, 5.1(or higher) sound, etc. The next gen is probably a ways away....but Nintendo is going to have to make a HUGE leap to get back into it.boostud

the wii will come out with their new console well before the other two do, its an issue with hardware. plus, they arent going to go too far in the direction as wii did with their motion controls. tilt... thats about it

Gally66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 Gally66
Member since 2007 • 2322 Posts
it will be hooked up with whatever the other next gen systems have because nintendo will be playing for keeps with thier motion controls down.
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#12 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
Oh for god sake. Stop worrying about next-gen, it's like 5 or 6 years away, and enjoy the current gen