New Wii channel available NOW!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

urine72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 urine72
Member since 2003 • 1043 Posts

If you didnt get your message from nintnedo go the shop channle and select wii ware.

Majura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Majura
Member since 2006 • 3074 Posts
which channel is it? news? internet? which one?
urine72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 urine72
Member since 2003 • 1043 Posts

it is the "Wii all vote channel" its actually really cool it has a bunch of polls and you vote and predict what the majority of the people from your region will say. It seems like there will be a new poll everyday.

Wallbrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Wallbrick
Member since 2004 • 552 Posts

it is the "Wii all vote channel" its actually really cool it has a bunch of polls and you vote and predict what the majority of the people from your region will say. It seems like there will be a new poll everyday.

urine72
we know
vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#5 vgmkyle
Member since 2004 • 8696 Posts
How about an achievement channel? I could give a rats about news,forcast or voting...
be_very_afraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 be_very_afraid
Member since 2004 • 471 Posts

How about an achievement channel? I could give a rats about news,forcast or voting...vgmkyle

Agreed

That is, I agree with having achievements.

FLYmeatwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FLYmeatwad
Member since 2006 • 553 Posts
I thought we already had achievements. My acheivements today say that I played 18 minutes. For some reason the achievements on my 360 involve points unlocked while playing games, what a wierd idea. Achievements with no time tracking involved is just silly.
mktazza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mktazza
Member since 2006 • 495 Posts
ill check now
jazminisgreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 jazminisgreat
Member since 2005 • 1033 Posts
Looks like G-spot/faqs got competition polling wise.
eggwaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 eggwaffle
Member since 2007 • 597 Posts
when i saw mi bluw wii light flashing i got all excited and the only thought that rushed through my head was: "update! update! new channel! w00t!". so i got the channel and i was impressed! who would have thoufght of such an original and simple idea? i love this channel and will be checking at much as possible!!!
Toribor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Toribor
Member since 2005 • 3255 Posts
It's kind of a pointless channel. They need to make something useful, like an internet radio channel, or an MP3 channel.
eggwaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 eggwaffle
Member since 2007 • 597 Posts
can u imagine how large an mp3 channel wud be? i think nintendo wud have thought about that
Psy236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Psy236
Member since 2006 • 973 Posts
It's kind of a pointless channel. They need to make something useful, like an internet radio channel, or an MP3 channel.Toribor
it's not pointless as long as nintendo will pay attention to it for topics like VC game polls or new feature polls. it's doubful, but who knows? maybe it'll be a good way for the consumers (us) to give nintendo our feedback and maybe actually get features we like added in. and the MP3 channel will be good but you'd have to use either an SD card, MP3 player/IPod, or external flash drive (they'd have to add that capability to the USB slots thru an update or something) and you wouldn't be able to store MP3s on the Wii iteslf because of the size.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
[QUOTE="vgmkyle"]How about an achievement channel? I could give a rats about news,forcast or voting...

Ok, then. Have fun with your achievements for games that aren't even online yet.
Avatar image for FlameThrowasRus
FlameThrowasRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FlameThrowasRus
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
omg how ong has this been out i just checked yesterday and nothing
jonzilla_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#16 jonzilla_basic
Member since 2002 • 2334 Posts
i will have to see it, thanks for the heads up
Spyrius15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Spyrius15
Member since 2003 • 180 Posts
I think the MP3 channel would be a nice idea. You wouldn't need an update really, since the photo channel allows you to play mp3s for the slide show. They probably have what they need for that, and might just want to adjust the USB configuration to accept connections from MP3 players, like PSY236 said.
LasPlagasHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#18 LasPlagasHope
Member since 2005 • 1356 Posts
YES YES YES.....IT was a nice thing to wake up to this morning i have a snow day today so I get to check it out I do hate how we cannot save on the SD card and use them at the same time.
chickenslave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 chickenslave
Member since 2003 • 576 Posts

In Response to everyone who is unhappy with this channel, two things:

1.) Is free, so just accept it.

2.) At least they didnt promise this to us three months ago, hype it up, and let it be this exact same thing. This could actually be a really neat idea in the future.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
It's kind of a pointless channel. They need to make something useful, like an internet radio channel, or an MP3 channel.Toribor
finetune.com/wii
zcds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 161

#21 zcds
Member since 2005 • 1984 Posts
I heard if you guss right on what will win you can win wii ponits don't know how much or when just heard.

Id also like an achivement channel it would ad repaly and much more fun to games.
joestierman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 joestierman
Member since 2005 • 1320 Posts
achievements are dumb
LasPlagasHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LasPlagasHope
Member since 2005 • 1356 Posts
I agress it's not like you have to have this channle ya know it's free download check it out for a few days and if you don't think it's worth the 200 blocks it takes up just delet it.
bobylim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bobylim
Member since 2003 • 117 Posts
This channel may seems very useless for some people, but somehow, I like it!!  I mean, you can even propose your own question once per day, and nintendo may use it later!!  it's cool to compare what you think between people all over the world or even in your region.  What I like the most is that there is statistics recoreded on every character.  This way, you can compare between each of you mii, to see who is the better at guessing and all!  pretty cool I think.  Also, finally a new use for miis!
Sinheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sinheart
Member since 2003 • 1705 Posts
one question I answered on the new channel was "what is more romatic for valentines day, chocolate or rose". I wish there was a 3rd answer - a chocolate rose, which is what I got at work today :)
DTbikerider9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#26 DTbikerider9
Member since 2006 • 1771 Posts
I thought we already had achievements. My acheivements today say that I played 18 minutes. For some reason the achievements on my 360 involve points unlocked while playing games, what a wierd idea. Achievements with no time tracking involved is just silly.FLYmeatwad
Well if you really call playing video games for 18 minutes an acheivment you need to get out more  
adolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 adolson
Member since 2006 • 554 Posts
[QUOTE="Toribor"]It's kind of a pointless channel. They need to make something useful, like an internet radio channel, or an MP3 channel.Psy236
it's not pointless as long as nintendo will pay attention to it for topics like VC game polls or new feature polls. it's doubful, but who knows? maybe it'll be a good way for the consumers (us) to give nintendo our feedback and maybe actually get features we like added in. and the MP3 channel will be good but you'd have to use either an SD card, MP3 player/IPod, or external flash drive (they'd have to add that capability to the USB slots thru an update or something) and you wouldn't be able to store MP3s on the Wii iteslf because of the size.

Or CD-R or DVD-R disc?? Since the Wii has that optical media drive on it, you remember that thing? I wish the Photo Channel would use it too... But I'd love to have something like Xbox Media Center (homebrew), but on the Wii. Streaming movies from my PCs is the only reason I still have an Xbox.
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

achievements are dumbjoestierman

achievements are awesome

NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts
I'm appreciating Nintendo's unorthadox approach towards taking a console online. I would really appreciate if we had some games online too, but I realize that they are coming and I guess that suits me, unlike the disasterous neglect of the gamecube.

I really wouldn't be suprised about a "Wii Talk" message board channel. Consider me addicted.
be_very_afraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 be_very_afraid
Member since 2004 • 471 Posts
Achievements on Wii would be awesome, and you don't need to be online for them. My brother has an X Box 360 and it's not online, but we have a great time trying to get all the achievements. Dead Rising we've beaten twice now, but are still playing it trying to get all of the achievements.
Psy236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Psy236
Member since 2006 • 973 Posts
[QUOTE="Psy236"][QUOTE="Toribor"]It's kind of a pointless channel. They need to make something useful, like an internet radio channel, or an MP3 channel.adolson

Or CD-R or DVD-R disc?? Since the Wii has that optical media drive on it, you remember that thing? I wish the Photo Channel would use it too... But I'd love to have something like Xbox Media Center (homebrew), but on the Wii. Streaming movies from my PCs is the only reason I still have an Xbox.

yea, I guess they could update it to read CD-Rs, not sure about DVD-Rs tho. as for the streaming movies, try www.orb.com. just install that on ur computer, set it up the way u want, run it, then go online on ur Wii and u can look at any picture, or stream any video or picture from ur computer on to ur wii as long as u have it set up to look in the folder the stuff is in. I don't use it much now cause the current browser on the wii is kinda crappy, but I'll be using it a lot more once the final browser version is up. It works REALLY good once u get all the tweaks set up.
-Ten-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -Ten-
Member since 2003 • 7493 Posts
Yea I know already