New Super Mario Bros. Another Playable Character

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ragapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ragapan
Member since 2006 • 109 Posts

New super mario bros. Wii is comming soon and its going to be great with the 4 player feature in it but the thing that bugs me and alot of other guys the most is that the list of playable characters is poor and there was no excuse for 2 toads. So im guessing there may be one more playable character waiting to be revealed!

Who would you guys want to be included as a playable character in this game?

I_Neil_B_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 I_Neil_B_I
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I voted for Wario, although WaLuigi would also be a good player to use.
gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts

I think Peach will be unlocked once you beat the game, thenit would have the 4 characters from super mario bros. 2.

mkDSpro63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 mkDSpro63
Member since 2006 • 781 Posts

Koopa with a cheesy personality...AND DOESN'T PLAY BY THE RULES.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
No excuse for two toads? So who else would be in the game, keeping in mind that Peach is likely kidnapped and Daisy doesn't exsit in this world.
ragapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ragapan
one of them should of been replaced by wario
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sepewrath
Wario has his own games and he is evil
ragapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ragapan
it is true hes in his own games but what about super mario 64 ds? wario was a playable character so he shold be in this game
scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts
Wario would be the best :D
jukitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 jukitup
Member since 2009 • 163 Posts

Peach seems like the only plausible option - being unlockable after you complete the game. The other 3 are all on the 'evil' side. Unless the plot allows for Wario/Waluigi to be playable (kinda like how Bowser became playable in Super Paper Mario). Anyways.. I don't see why they didn't put Toad and Toadette if they were going to put 2 Toads.. why a blue and yellow toad..?!

maverick_41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#11 maverick_41
Member since 2007 • 1195 Posts

I didn't really like the list, even though there isn't much more than that. I think Peach will be a playably after you beat the game. I don't know, Donkey Kong would be nice.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

I read in a Nintendo Power interview that Mario, Luigi, and the 2 Toads ae it.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
koopa, wario and waluigi are enemies. peach is the reason they're passing through the stages. and "poor character selection"? ITS A GODDAMN PLATFORMER AND ALL CHARACTERS DO EXACTLY THE SAME THING. just dont tell me you were annoyed because 4 swords adventures involved link, link, link and... link.
ragapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ragapan
"koopa,wario and wlauigi are enemies" true but it dont mean they cant be playable remember super mario 64 ds? that had wario playable. oh yeah and im saying its a poor character selection because having another toad is like they ran out of ideas or somethin and thats stupid
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sman3579

koopa, wario and waluigi are enemies. peach is the reason they're passing through the stages. and "poor character selection"? ITS A GODDAMN PLATFORMER AND ALL CHARACTERS DO EXACTLY THE SAME THING. just dont tell me you were annoyed because 4 swords adventures involved link, link, link and... link.BrunoBRS

lol.

I agree with you on most of this stuff except Wario and Waluigi. I think it would be cool to see Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi working together. We have seen Mario, Luigi, and Wario working together with Yoshi but Waluigi needs some respect.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]koopa, wario and waluigi are enemies. peach is the reason they're passing through the stages. and "poor character selection"? ITS A GODDAMN PLATFORMER AND ALL CHARACTERS DO EXACTLY THE SAME THING. just dont tell me you were annoyed because 4 swords adventures involved link, link, link and... link.sman3579

lol.

I agree with you on most of this stuff except Wario and Waluigi. I think it would be cool to see Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi working together. We have seen Mario, Luigi, and Wario working together with Yoshi but Waluigi needs some respect.

mario and wario (on mario64 DS, i presume that's what you're referring to) werent working together. just look at the cover. they're competing. but then again, most of the "4 swords adventures-ish" games involve competition. but then again (again :P), wario has no reason to save peach.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sman3579

[QUOTE="sman3579"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]koopa, wario and waluigi are enemies. peach is the reason they're passing through the stages. and "poor character selection"? ITS A GODDAMN PLATFORMER AND ALL CHARACTERS DO EXACTLY THE SAME THING. just dont tell me you were annoyed because 4 swords adventures involved link, link, link and... link.BrunoBRS

lol.

mario and wario (on mario64 DS, i presume that's what you're referring to) werent working together. just look at the cover. they're competing. but then again, most of the "4 swords adventures-ish" games involve competition. but then again (again :P), wario has no reason to save peach.

OH, well I never really played the game so I just assumed they were working together but I still think it would be cool to see the 4 working together.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sepewrath
it is true hes in his own games but what about super mario 64 ds? wario was a playable character so he shold be in this gameragapan
You do realize its just a skin right, it doesn't matter who is in the game, they all appear to play the same, so whether it was Wario, Waluigi, Wendy Koopa or a Mii its all the same.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="sman3579"]

lol.

sman3579

OH, well I never really played the game so I just assumed they were working together but I still think it would be cool to see the 4 working together.

all they need is a reason for wario to work with mario... but a decent one is hard to consider :P not to mention wario is really fat, and his sprite would be more different from mario than the others. maybe too different. unless they made him suddenly lose some weight :P
ragapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ragapan

[QUOTE="ragapan"]it is true hes in his own games but what about super mario 64 ds? wario was a playable character so he shold be in this gameSepewrath
You do realize its just a skin right, it doesn't matter who is in the game, they all appear to play the same, so whether it was Wario, Waluigi, Wendy Koopa or a Mii its all the same.

yeah ur right on that but still even though it is a skin it still will be pretty cool to play using other characters

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="ragapan"]it is true hes in his own games but what about super mario 64 ds? wario was a playable character so he shold be in this gameSepewrath

actually using miis would be a nice extra :P but not something to be used instead of the toads. maybe something like "beat the game and unlock mii skins"
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sepewrath
Personally I would rather Wario stick to his own turf, I think the Toads are fine just as place holders. I mean the first time I play or on one save file if there are multiple(hope there are) I will play alone. And when doing multiplayer It will likely just be Mario and Luigi.
TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
Geno ;)
InsaneGamer323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 InsaneGamer323
Member since 2009 • 80 Posts
koopa would be the only one to play diffrently
Avatar image for Nintendo_Fan128
Nintendo_Fan128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Nintendo_Fan128
Member since 2006 • 4270 Posts

I'm a Wario fan, so you know who I voted for :P

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sepewrath
Geno ;)TheLordMagnus
Geno's a doll how he can be in a platformer if he cant even jump :P
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#28 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41575 Posts
No Yoshi? :?
ragapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ragapan
No Yoshi? :?nintendoboy16
I wish but hes already in the game but as a non player character lol atleast you can ride on him though
TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#30 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts

I dont know why the cast of four players werent just mario,luigi, wario and waluigi, they would be better than mario, luigi and two generic shroom people. Also this game is going to be $49.99 at retailers, I thought it was going to be wii-ware for like $20until it popped up on gamestop. Im not going to get it now. Especialy since there isnt any online or leader-boards. Oh well anyways I choose wario because he likes garlic......and thats cool. lol.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#31 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Peach has got to be kidnapped so no.

Koopas are supposed to be stomped so no.

Waluigi and Wario would be the best options with Wario having the edge because he is more popular and he has already starred his own game.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BrunoBRS
No Yoshi? :?nintendoboy16
*wonders how yoshi could ride yoshi* EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW.... YOU SICK PERVERT!!!!!!!!!!!!
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#33 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41575 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]No Yoshi? :?BrunoBRS
*wonders how yoshi could ride yoshi* EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW.... YOU SICK PERVERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? :? I mean, playing Yoshi as a single character, like in Yoshi's Story for N64.
Michael-Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Michael-Smith
Member since 2009 • 909 Posts
They should have Mario, Luigi, Princess, and Toad just like Super Mario 2. Unlockable characters would be cool, though.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

Miyamoto said there are no other playable characters. Sorry.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
These should be the playable characters: Males: Mario, Luigi, Toad and Yoshi Females: Peach, Daisy, Toadette and Birdo.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]No Yoshi? :?nintendoboy16

What? :? I mean, playing Yoshi as a single character, like in Yoshi's Story for N64.

wouldnt that change the whole game? because this game is supposed to be like super mario world (with "rideable" yoshis and everything) with up to 4 players. so having yoshi as a character would force people to see yoshi riding yoshi O_o
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#38 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Wario be he was in the remake of Super Mario 64DS.

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
Peach. Wario wouldn't make sense without Waluigi and Waluigi wouldn't make sense without Wario. Koopa isn't a major enough character. I'd just like to see the original SMB2: Doki Doki Panic crew for mutiplayer.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BrunoBRS
Peach. Wario wouldn't make sense without Waluigi and Waluigi wouldn't make sense without Wario. Koopa isn't a major enough character. I'd just like to see the original SMB2: Doki Doki Panic crew for mutiplayer. GamerJM
wario wouldnt make sense without waluigi? WTF?
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

[QUOTE="sman3579"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]koopa, wario and waluigi are enemies. peach is the reason they're passing through the stages. and "poor character selection"? ITS A GODDAMN PLATFORMER AND ALL CHARACTERS DO EXACTLY THE SAME THING. just dont tell me you were annoyed because 4 swords adventures involved link, link, link and... link.BrunoBRS

lol.

Oh but I think he does... :shock:

ms-fable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ms-fable
Member since 2008 • 741 Posts

Miyamoto already said there wouldn't be any others.

EDIT:

These should be the playable characters: Males: Mario, Luigi, Toad and Yoshi Females: Peach, Daisy, Toadette and Birdo.Rod90

I'm pretty sure somewhere (I think it was a mario party booklet) it said that Birdo's a guy.

gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts

EDIT:

[QUOTE="Rod90"]These should be the playable characters: Males: Mario, Luigi, Toad and Yoshi Females: Peach, Daisy, Toadette and Birdo.ms-fable

I'm pretty sure somewhere (I think it was a mario party booklet) it said that Birdo's a guy.

It's in the super mario bros. 2 manual. Since then Nintendo seems to have forgotten that he is in fact a man.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="ms-fable"]

EDIT:

[QUOTE="Rod90"]These should be the playable characters: Males: Mario, Luigi, Toad and Yoshi Females: Peach, Daisy, Toadette and Birdo.gamer6464

It's in the super mario bros. 2 manual. Since then Nintendo seems to have forgotten that he is in fact a man.

*remembers about the vibrator you can find in birdo's room in Captain Rainbow* :lol:
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sepewrath
^lol I think Nintendo forgot in that game that he was a male, but who says there is only one Birdo? Also Birdo is evil he/she would be helping Bowser. Yoshi cant ride Yoshi, I think I already saw the obligatory joke for that one. Daisy doesn't exsit in this world, Peach on the rescue mission to rescue to Peach? Hell why not just throw Sonic and Tails in there is continuity means nothing :P hmmm.....now that I think about it, a Mario/Sonic team up for a platformer would be a great idea, of course development would have to be handled by Nintendo though.
da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#46 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
Wario and Waluigi most likelty. I think peach after u beat the game, she should be kidnapped. I hope it isnt Koopa or bowser...esp if it is a traditional mario story. I think it would be cool to see DK. Since him and Mario have a history....I wouldnt put it past Nintendo
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BrunoBRS
^lol I think Nintendo forgot in that game that he was a male, but who says there is only one Birdo? Also Birdo is evil he/she would be helping Bowser. Yoshi cant ride Yoshi, I think I already saw the obligatory joke for that one. Daisy doesn't exsit in this world, Peach on the rescue mission to rescue to Peach? Hell why not just throw Sonic and Tails in there is continuity means nothing :P hmmm.....now that I think about it, a Mario/Sonic team up for a platformer would be a great idea, of course development would have to be handled by Nintendo though. Sepewrath
thing is... there's only 1 birdo (or it was supposed to be like that), and that birdo from captain rainbow is male. that's what makes it so funny :lol: and see? i'm not the only one that finds the image of yoshi riding yoshi rather disturbing :P
CrashMan09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CrashMan09
Member since 2009 • 261 Posts

I voted for Peach, if only to get the complete roster from Super Mario Bros 2.

Although I admit it's a little odd that Peach would in effect be trying to help Mario & Luigi rescue herself.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

Bring back Stanley from Donkey Kong III.

Or DK himself.

darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#50 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

i picked Peach.