New DS on the way.

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#51 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts

[QUOTE="tim_aka_link"]i don't know about anyone else but i really wanna see some pictures of this new ds...if it's even real.chrisscorsese88

http://gizmodo.com/5045563/new-nintendo-ds-debuting-mid+2009-sources-say

lol right

fellowbetrayed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 fellowbetrayed
Member since 2004 • 121 Posts
Could this also be a chance for Ninty to implement some sort of crackdown on flashcarts such as the R4?
bmaick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 bmaick
Member since 2007 • 374 Posts
I havent bought a DS, and I want one, but the PSP has media player and i was thinking about which one to buy. Now with this new, I can finally buy a DS!!!
Ksswiiboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Ksswiiboy
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

No, what's important here is that if it has a camera and Music playing capabilities, then that means that it has an internal hard drive. Which means we could be seeing some more interesting info on how that'll be used. Also leaves one wondering how much memory it'll have.nintendonerd101

256MB!!!! lol

FallenGod666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 FallenGod666
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts
:D thats hot
ricberbal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ricberbal
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
the feature that would be an interesting addition is the position-style of gaming that the ipod touch or the iphone has...no more stylus, more interactive play....if the next step of nintendo is not towards the apple technology they may be in a great mistake talking about market's interest... this times a camera comes in every cereal box...
cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 cfamgcn
Member since 2004 • 5587 Posts

Reason why I hate Nintendo... GANGSTASAN

It makes a lot of sense that you are in the DS forum :roll: ~ de arimasu

I won't believe this story until Nintendo confirms it! ~ de arimasune

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

didnt NoA made a statement to gamespot on their article about this?

EDIT: to save some search among articles, the link:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6198286.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;1

wont link it so people wont doubt it can be a possible rick roll >_>

ThadCarlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ThadCarlson
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts

To all the people that say they loathe/hate nintendo:

1. What the hell are you doing in the DS forums?

2. Its a handheld system under $200, why wouldnt you want a new update. you know, nintendo doesnt have to give you a new ds. they could have just kept your old one from 2005 and that be the only option and then you'd be bi***in about "why doesnt nintendo give us a new ds? wah wah wah!

3. You own a system, and you hate the maker for coming out with a new one 2 and a half to 3 years later. Would you be happy if they never replaced the DS?

4. This makes me wonder what you did when the 360 came out, I can see it now -"What the heck?! an xbox 360, wtf?!? I have an xbox and now they're coming out with this new system? I hate Microsoft, you know this is why i hate them! they just replace a system with all new games and current day technology for a better experience. im never buying this!"

zeldaluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 zeldaluff
Member since 2008 • 3387 Posts
My problem with this would be if the changes forced you to upgrade. Otherwise, I don't really care- I feel like I just got my DS, so I'm not going to dish out another $200 for an added camera and music player when I already have a working iPod and Camera.
Avatar image for Keviliciousness
Keviliciousness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Keviliciousness
Member since 2008 • 176 Posts
i cant wait for this new one to come out :)
silentmage_245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 silentmage_245
Member since 2008 • 378 Posts

Here's another link:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/914/914473p1.html

Tsk tsk tsk. I can't believe IGN fell for it. Well, now I understand why IGN gives fake information. sighs...

Anyway, first and foremost I agree with all those who are oppossing especially,

Objection!

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2757435

Burning-Sludge

Haha. Ok, let's begin.

Its just a rumour. Nintendo couldn't possibly hide such a BIG announcement and its only TWO months away (according to IGN), its gonna be release in Christmas? HA! Some even said this THURSDAY.
Oh, its not an 'updated' NDS at all, its totally whole new - camera? 2 touchscreens? wider screen? SD cards? Its not an upgraded DS anymore, oh no. Its a whole new system. Tsk tsk tsk.

Camera - How can we play games with a camera? You mean like Facebreaker? Like putting yourself into a game? This addition is indeed pointless and stupid.
2 Touchscreens - Let's go back to why NDS is known as Dual Screen. One is an ordinary non-touchable screen, while the other is a touchscreen. Why would Nintendo make 2 touchscreens? If so, Nintendo could have just made ONE touchscreen. To make it easier, what is the point of having two touchscreens?
Wider screen - I don't know what to say about this... Just another pointless and stupid addition like the PSP-3000's brighter screen.
SD cards - Okay, this is just going too far, SD card has nothing to do with Nintendo. There is no need for extra storage. If the DS needs extra storage, why can't Nintendo make a larger storage for the DS instead of using SD card. Again, pointless.

The only good thing about the new 'upgrade' is a faster Wi-Fi.

After this update, it means that owners of the NDS and NDS Lite can't play the new games involving 'cameras' and 'double touchscreens'. Seriously, Nintendo can't be stupid, do they want to lose money. Do they want to cause an uproar among NDS owners?
One last proof is that during E308, Satoru Iwata (or was it Shigeru Miyamoto?) said so that they will not release any new systems because the NDS and Wii are selling so well. That is all.

batsy4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 batsy4life
Member since 2007 • 815 Posts
If they were to create a ds shaped as a batman logo...im in. Im a suker fo batman merchandise.
Jeremy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Jeremy6
Member since 2008 • 109 Posts

I don't think it's fake if it was on the news, but it's still really stupid. It would be funny, though, making your characters face something that isn't a face.:P

GaMa729

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#65 GaMa729
Member since 2005 • 4270 Posts
I wish they showed a pic of the new DS :l
FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

2. Its a handheld system under $200, why wouldnt you want a new update. you know, nintendo doesnt have to give you a new ds. they could have just kept your old one from 2005 and that be the only option and then you'd be bi***in about "why doesnt nintendo give us a new ds? wah wah wah!

3. You own a system, and you hate the maker for coming out with a new one 2 and a half to 3 years later. Would you be happy if they never replaced the DS?

4. This makes me wonder what you did when the 360 came out, I can see it now -"What the heck?! an xbox 360, wtf?!? I have an xbox and now they're coming out with this new system? I hate Microsoft, you know this is why i hate them! they just replace a system with all new games and current day technology for a better experience. im never buying this!"

ThadCarlson

I'm not sure if this even implies to me, (which it probably doesn't) but, the only reason I don't support Nintendo in this new, perhaps even fake, handheld is because of all the extra features. What I want in a handheld gaming device is the ability to play games, nothing more. I, personally, don't want to pay an extra 50-60 dollars (maybe even more) on extra features that does nothing to pertain to actually playing games. If I wanted that I'd buy a PSP. In my opinion, Nintendo will be making a stupid move if they leave the simple nature of they're handhelds and follow the ways of Sony. All I want out of the next one is just a complete upgrade of the DS with better capabilities without all the unnecessary features.

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="ThadCarlson"]

FallofAthens

I'm not sure if this even implies to me, (which it probably doesn't) but, the only reason I don't support Nintendo in this new, perhaps even fake, handheld is because of all the extra features. What I want in a handheld gaming device is the ability to play games, nothing more. I, personally, don't want to pay an extra 50-60 dollars (maybe even more) on extra features that does nothing to pertain to actually playing games. If I wanted that I'd buy a PSP. In my opinion, Nintendo will be making a stupid move if they leave the simple nature of they're handhelds and follow the ways of Sony. All I want out of the next one is just a complete upgrade of the DS with better capabilities without all the unnecessary features.

while that makes sense, at the same time, the general population nowadays dont want anything that only does one thing. we need refridgerators that dispene and crush ice, and give water. we need devices that make it so wen we fluch out toilets, it get cleaned. we need MP3 players that watch videos and listen to radio. we need phones that play games, have music, and have email. in todays world the PSP is a more population friendly device, soley BECAUSE it has all of the added features, wich i think are pretty darn good. its not like the DS will be lacking in other regions just because it has added features, thats ridiculous. as long as devs can keep pumping out new games who cares?

Gtoniser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68 Gtoniser
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts

camera? ok that sucks

however, the wifi REALLY does need improvements, because WEP keys are totally insecure (cracked within 2 minutes).
It would at least need proper WPA support.

Larger screens seem ok to me, however I doubt the second touch screen would make sense.

We will see what happens thursday, probably nothing does. ;D

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 FallofAthens
[QUOTE="FallofAthens"][QUOTE="ThadCarlson"]

garrett_duffman

while that makes sense, at the same time, the general population nowadays dont want anything that only does one thing. we need refridgerators that dispene and crush ice, and give water. we need devices that make it so wen we fluch out toilets, it get cleaned. we need MP3 players that watch videos and listen to radio. we need phones that play games, have music, and have email. in todays world the PSP is a more population friendly device, soley BECAUSE it has all of the added features, wich i think are pretty darn good. its not like the DS will be lacking in other regions just because it has added features, thats ridiculous. as long as devs can keep pumping out new games who cares?

And while I agree to an extent, we really don't 'need' any of these things. :P

I think your wrong about Nintendo needing to add more features to it's handheld. If that was true don't you think the PSP should be outselling the DS? The Wii and the DS both took innovative technology crafted it for the masses and made it easily accessible to both hardcore and casual gamers. They are cheaper than the other competitors and they are just as fun to play. With simplicity comes easier production and with that less cost to produce adding on to the less we, as the consumer, have to pay. I, personally, don't want to shell over a lot of extra money just so I can listen to music on my hand-held or watch movies or even take pictures or anything that does not pretain to playing a game. But that's just me and I'm sure not everyone will agree with me.

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"][QUOTE="FallofAthens"][QUOTE="ThadCarlson"]

FallofAthens

I think your wrong about Nintendo needing to add more features to it's handheld. If that was true don't you think the PSP should be outselling the DS? The Wii and the DS both took innovative technology crafted it for the masses and made it easily accessible to both hardcore and casual gamers. They are cheaper than the other competitors and they are just as fun to play. With simplicity comes easier production and with that less cost to produce adding on to the less we, as the consumer, have to pay. I, personally, don't want to shell over a lot of extra money just so I can listen to music on my hand-held or watch movies or even take pictures or anything that does not pretain to playing a game. But that's just me and I'm sure not everyone will agree with me.

well the DS is outselling the PSP by quite a margin, but that could easily be because of the whole " lets release a system then next year release it again" thing, they only measure sales. the PSP has always been more expensive and it will always take a beating for that, but as far as people who HAVE bought it go, they are all happy with it, and are glad that it has all the features it has, and its getting new features all the time via updates and such. the future of gaming is in updateability and convenience to the people. graphics can only go so far, so you either have to totally change how games are played ( like the wii and somewhat PS3) or allow it good updateability and overall functionality ( like the PS3 and 360 ) i know this is a stretch but in time... i bet we're going to see alot more n-gages but with sony's and nintendo's name on it ( doesnt PSP suport skype now? thats like a phone huh? ) not because its what the consumer necessarily wants, but what businesses THINK the consumer wants, witch is overall functionality

garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"][QUOTE="FallofAthens"][QUOTE="ThadCarlson"]

FallofAthens

well the DS is outselling the PSP by quite a margin, but that could easily be because of the whole " lets release a system then next year release it again" thing, they only measure sales. the PSP has always been more expensive and it will always take a beating for that, but as far as people who HAVE bought it go, they are all happy with it, and are glad that it has all the features it has, and its getting new features all the time via updates and such. the future of gaming is in updateability and convenience to the people. graphics can only go so far, so you either have to totally change how games are played ( like the wii and somewhat PS3) or allow it good updateability and overall functionality ( like the PS3 and 360 ) i know this is a stretch but in time... i bet we're going to see alot more n-gages but with sony's and nintendo's name on it ( doesnt PSP suport skype now? thats like a phone huh? ) not because its what the consumer necessarily wants, but what businesses THINK the consumer wants, witch is overall functionality

Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

more n-gages?

I think everyone saw how badly that thing Failed! No one sane or smart would try to sell anything like that again unless they already has a cult ready to buy anything they sell, and sales still wouldn't be to good because they are selling to only a cult.

Simply, no ones is going to try to sell N-gages because it is proven that no one is going to buy them because Nokia, is out of the console wars this generation.

agehaelhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 agehaelhaym
Member since 2007 • 123 Posts
It makes sense to release a DS with more storage capabilities like a microSD slot. If it has that a music player comes for free because it's just software. They really need to update the encryption standard even if they don't redesign the DS.
agehaelhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 agehaelhaym

Simply, no ones is going to try to sell N-gages because it is proven that no one is going to buy them because Nokia, is out of the console wars this generation.

Burning-Sludge

What about the iPhone?

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 FallofAthens

Well then the PSP should bump up a few notches with this PSP 3000 I keep hearing about. :) See, the PSP is more expensive. Because Nintendo keeps it at the main basics they have lower prices thus more to sell and more people buy it for the sheer fact it does not cost them an arm and a leg. Don't get me wrong, if people want more on they're hand-held, more power to you. It's just, I personally, don't want to be burdened with such things and I'd hate for people like me, who just wants it simple to be left in the dust because the big wigs decided to stick everything on one thing. Not saying the PSP sucks, in fact I wish I had one, (for the games that is) but I can't afford it and because it's mainly pricey because of all the features I just feel like I would be wasting money on stuff I don't need. But hey, maybe your right. The future of gaming could revolve around more of the different qualities of different devices on it, (Handhelds in general) Can't say I like it, but if it's the best interest of Nintendo, so be it. All I'm asking for is a game system. Nothing more.

hiphopper334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 hiphopper334
wTf is this DS 2 or something?
agehaelhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 agehaelhaym

Actually if you read the Nikkei news they say it's official confirmed:

http://www.nikkei.co.jp/kansai/news/news002425.html

sebastempo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 sebastempo
Member since 2008 • 284 Posts
I'll get one when i finish playing all the games i want on the "old" (?) DS...
agehaelhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 agehaelhaym
I will get on at launch day for my wife.
hiphopper334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 hiphopper334

I will get on at launch day for my wife.agehaelhaym

I hope you enjoy it.

agehaelhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 agehaelhaym

[QUOTE="agehaelhaym"]I will get on at launch day for my wife.hiphopper334

I hope you enjoy it.

Haha, of course I will not touch it. :)

euphzilla03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 euphzilla03
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

Looks like Nintendo weighed in on the article being widely speculation..

goldberg28115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 goldberg28115
Member since 2003 • 144 Posts
I heard it will have an sd slot. What if they will allow you to purchase virtual console games and ds games on a shop channel like on the wii but a ds shop channel. That could be why they said it will have advanced wifi.
pitchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 pitchan
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

u guys knows tt it cannot be a new handheld altogethr, the article did say new DS not new handheld and if it was a new handheld there would be a new name don't u think? Regarding the camera, i have seen a ds game with a camera attachment; it was a japanese game where u can attach a camera to the GBA slot and take pictures of urself then edit it, but im still not very sure about it. I REALLY HOPE THAT NINTENDO WILL FINALLY MAKE THE DS GRAPHICS UP TO PARR WITH PSP im sick of pixelized blurr graphics , especially since the ds can do 10x better than pixels when used to full potential!Look at the cinematics of games like FF revnant wings or FF IV , same goes for the wii, just please please use the console to the full potential! Does it really take THAT much effort to use the consoles to their best?!?!?!?!

moegie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 moegie

Yea, i think it will be a new handheld. If they want to add a music player, how are we actually supposed to get our music on the system witout an sd-card slot or anything alike. And the camera, its a nice addon if it will be new console(or updated version of the ds). I think i'd buy it if it's worth it and the resolution/processing bit will be better. Otherwise ill stick to my nds phat.

EDIT:

I heard it will have an sd slot. What if they will allow you to purchase virtual console games and ds games on a shop channel like on the wii but a ds shop channel. That could be why they said it will have advanced wifi.goldberg28115

I dont think it will have such advanced options. I mean, downloading full games is one thing, but wireless and on a handheld. I think that's just a bit too optmistic. (and it would require more some kind of hard drive instead of an sd-card) However it would be great to have a better use of the nds' wifi.

k3nne3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#87 k3nne3e
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts
the mp3 thing would be nice but unless it has an internal cartridge or you can save it to a removable cartridge, i dont see how well the former will work and the latter might cause piracy unless they make it so only mp3s can be saved to those cartridges
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#88 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts

PSP Camera > DS Camera

PSP Music player > DS Music player

Done, nothing more than incentive.

inzaneetie013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 inzaneetie013
Member since 2007 • 1385 Posts

u guys knows tt it cannot be a new handheld altogethr, the article did say new DS not new handheld and if it was a new handheld there would be a new name don't u think? Regarding the camera, i have seen a ds game with a camera attachment; it was a japanese game where u can attach a camera to the GBA slot and take pictures of urself then edit it, but im still not very sure about it. I REALLY HOPE THAT NINTENDO WILL FINALLY MAKE THE DS GRAPHICS UP TO PARR WITH PSP im sick of pixelized blurr graphics , especially since the ds can do 10x better than pixels when used to full potential!Look at the cinematics of games like FF revnant wings or FF IV , same goes for the wii, just please please use the console to the full potential! Does it really take THAT much effort to use the consoles to their best?!?!?!?!

pitchan

ok... so there are a a lot of grammatical errors in that post...and..I dont really care about graphics I mean, look at bangai-o, there may be some limitations causing some lags and missiles that don't show up,but its still a great game, and i think that limitations make a game more enjoyable and appreciable.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#90 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Trying to make it too like the PSP when it doesn't need to be!!SadPSPAddict

Seems like the new PSP is trying to be more like the DS also...Hmmm

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Coolyfett

I think it would be a dumb idea to go that route with a device that's known for its simplistic gaming and communication abilities.

Dorkalicious

Incorrect!

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Coolyfett
[QUOTE="ThadCarlson"]

FallofAthens

I don't fault Sony or Nintendo. If you want to play games, then do that. Other people want to do other things with their handheld. There is nothing wrong with options. Can your camera play audio? Can your Ipod take pictures? What can your handheld do?