N64 games for VC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slipknot86_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 slipknot86_1
Member since 2003 • 216 Posts
I was just wondering when and what tittles are they going to release for the N64 for VC. Is there a place that has a list of up coming games for the VC? I am really hoping that maybe they will throw Castlevania 64 and Doom 64. That would be sweet 8)
JackSherbak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JackSherbak
Member since 2005 • 318 Posts
I saw mario kart 64 on there the other day, and Mario 64 was a release title.....
Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
I want Waverace lol
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
All the N64 games in their library that they can release legally.
slipknot86_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 slipknot86_1
Member since 2003 • 216 Posts
Would Doom 64 and Castlevania be among those legal? And yes i know mario and mario kart is up there :P
Avatar image for frustatedgibbon
frustatedgibbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 frustatedgibbon
Member since 2005 • 1915 Posts
i want banjo tooie! hopefully Rare and MS will be nice and let us have it! never got round to playing it for some reason, eventhough the first game is my 4th favourite game of all time! ridiculous! b xx
illbitcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 illbitcrusher
Member since 2004 • 2052 Posts
Why would you want Castlevania 64? that game blew. hard
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
[QUOTE="frustatedgibbon"]i want banjo tooie! hopefully Rare and MS will be nice and let us have it! never got round to playing it for some reason, eventhough the first game is my 4th favourite game of all time! ridiculous! b xx

I would think it could be on there, the contract that Rare had with Nintendo was about this game (among others) and should not affect the buying of Rare by Microsoft.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11937 Posts
go to wikipedia and type virtual console
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="frustatedgibbon"]i want banjo tooie! hopefully Rare and MS will be nice and let us have it! never got round to playing it for some reason, eventhough the first game is my 4th favourite game of all time! ridiculous! b xx

I would think it could be on there, the contract that Rare had with Nintendo was about this game (among others) and should not affect the buying of Rare by Microsoft.

Banjo will never be on the Virtual Console.
Nintendo never owned it, it's a Rare property
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="frustatedgibbon"]i want banjo tooie! hopefully Rare and MS will be nice and let us have it! never got round to playing it for some reason, eventhough the first game is my 4th favourite game of all time! ridiculous! b xx

But Rares contract is that it was published for Nintendo and Nintendo has the rights to distribute it.
v3n0m111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 v3n0m111
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="frustatedgibbon"]i want banjo tooie! hopefully Rare and MS will be nice and let us have it! never got round to playing it for some reason, eventhough the first game is my 4th favourite game of all time! ridiculous! b xxDilrod

But Rares contract is that it was published for Nintendo and Nintendo has the rights to distribute it.

Is that the case with Goldeneye too? Id love to see Turok games but that wont happen.
tarzanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tarzanell
Member since 2006 • 1503 Posts
I think the only Rare developed game we'll see on there will be Donkey Kong 64.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="frustatedgibbon"]i want banjo tooie! hopefully Rare and MS will be nice and let us have it! never got round to playing it for some reason, eventhough the first game is my 4th favourite game of all time! ridiculous! b xx

No, that's not right.
It's a Rare game created by Rare and made by Rare.
The only thing that Nintendo did was release it on it's console.

Nintendo has no legal ties to that game at all, along with all the other games that Rare made that didn't use Nintendo characters.