My sad Okami/Wii fit story.

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Ok so what happend was....

I was going to get Wii fit for part of my graduation present, so we went to wallmart, looked around a bit, no Wii Fit, so my grandma asks if I wanted to get another game and get wii fit later so I told her Okami. So we get the Okami game and just as the guy was ringing the game up at the register my grandma asked me if my mom was ok with me getting the game, so she called my mom and I had the game all purchased in the bag and everything, and my mom said no and maybe another time when shes with me. :( So we had to go up to the customer service area and rerturn my game, and to top that off they were a dollar short so now I only have 59$, not 60. =(

Avatar image for TheLordRagnarok
TheLordRagnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 TheLordRagnarok
Member since 2007 • 1076 Posts

Wait, how old are you?

And blog it.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Yikes.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WiiMan21
I'm 14 with a mom whos too overly portective. She doesn't even care that I play halo and CoD4 either, I don't see why I couldn't get this game.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WiiMan21

I even have Okami for the Ps2...

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts

What did you graduate from? Preschool?

Anyways I feel you man. I'm 16 and my parents won't let me buy mature games even though I'm only one year under the age requirement without EXTREME premission. (Like they go look at Christian review sites and ****.) (No GTAIV for me :() I would never have trouble playing a Teen game that's just silly. Okami is a peice of art, not an amoral blood fest.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WiiMan21

I'm graduating from the 8th grade, and yes my mom does the same with the review stuff because were Christian, but I can play some MATURE games and Okami was only Teen.

FullMetalWWant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FullMetalWWant
Member since 2007 • 15766 Posts
Wow, what a story you have here dude.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

thank God my parents are not like that

sorry for okami too but hey maybe that was the destiny:shock:

Avatar image for Symphonia_Zelos
Symphonia_Zelos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Symphonia_Zelos
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts

yikes

i'm glad my parents aren't strict

they've been letting me get M rated games since i was like 8

haha

im only 14 right now too :]

FlameBeast4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FlameBeast4000
Member since 2004 • 671 Posts
I feel your pain so well, I can't even play M games unless I show her every single thing the game has that made it M. The only M game I am allowed to play is SC:CT, but I'm hoping I'll be able to get Halo as a game to play during summer. I've only found one thing in not being allowed to do the things that other people do, (and yes I am a Christian) and that's that I am not like them. :P
lightdarksamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lightdarksamus
Member since 2006 • 264 Posts
you had okami for ps2 mate, and wii fit ain't that great, it's not that bad...
Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Picklechugger
Member since 2004 • 1465 Posts
Ick I am very sorry. Of all the worse T games there are....
FlameBeast4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FlameBeast4000
Member since 2004 • 671 Posts

But personally I don't want to play Okami, I mean it's a good game but from what I've seen from it, there's too much magic. But unfortunatley, I'm not even allowed to play any Zelda game, (there was a time where we weren't allowed to play Mario becasue it had too much magic. Sigh, I feel like I'm missing out on life, but it does make life easier.

travt-down

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 travt-down
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts
It's too bad Okami isnt $60 or I mught have believed you. i have also never heard of a store running out of money. Wait, maybe that why they were selling the game ata $20 markup...Nah.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WiiMan21
No Okami was only 40, but I had 60 with me.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Do you have guitar hero?? is better than wiifit IMO

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WiiMan21
Yeah I have Guitar Hero 2 and 3.
banzai_sword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 banzai_sword
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts
Your 14 and your graduating from High School... Middle School, ok. Uh, my should have just told your grandma that you talked this over with your mom already and she's perfectly fine with it. Oh yeah and go to court with that, Walmart not giving you all the money back.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WiiMan21

Your 14 and your graduating from High School... Middle School, ok. Uh, my should have just told your grandma that you talked this over with your mom already and she's perfectly fine with it. Oh yeah and go to court with that, Walmart not giving you all the money back.banzai_sword

I'm not going to lie to my grandma, she bought me a Psp, and a 300$ bike. and shes like really nice n stuff, so I'm not going to lie, but I do like the suing idea. =D

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

How do you pay them 60 dollars and only get 59 back?

And if you're 14 you could just go somewhere and buy it by yourself.

Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
Wow that is some very crappy luck. I'd be so pissed if that happened to me.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Okami for $60? Where do you live?
Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Picklechugger
Member since 2004 • 1465 Posts

Okami for $60? Where do you live?Rocky32189

Ok, because you guys don't seem to read all the posts where he explains it... he had $60 that day. He spent the money for the game, but when they payed him back, they were one dollar short, so adding that to what he had left over, he has $59.

WylFret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WylFret
Member since 2007 • 428 Posts

JuarN18

Right, heaven forbid you have parents that actually care about you and perhaps have just a wee bit more life experience to draw from than you do.

Read what the original post said - his mom said no, however, "maybe some other time." Sounds to me very much like mom wasn't familiar with Okami and wants time to find out more about it before giving the okay. Seriously, what is wrong with that???

Actually I was pretty much the same as a teen, life was all about me and what I wanted, and I didn't have any perspective either. But as an adult and a parent myself, I understand the sheer amount of responsibility that comes with parenthood. And I have learned that the "bad parent" is the one that lets their kids do whatever they want, not the one that tells their kids no when it is appropriate to do so.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WiiMan21
[QUOTE="JuarN18"]

WylFret

Right, heaven forbid you have parents that actually care about you and perhaps have just a wee bit more life experience to draw from than you do.

Read what the original post said - his mom said no, however, "maybe some other time." Sounds to me very much like mom wasn't familiar with Okami and wants time to find out more about it before giving the okay. Seriously, what is wrong with that???

Actually I was pretty much the same as a teen, life was all about me and what I wanted, and I didn't have any perspective either. But as an adult and a parent myself, I understand the sheer amount of responsibility that comes with parenthood. And I have learned that the "bad parent" is the one that lets their kids do whatever they want, not the one that tells their kids no when it is appropriate to do so.

Thanks for pointing that out for other people. :)

mrfett2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mrfett2k
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts
huh i hadn't heard of Christian parents not wanting their kids to play games with magic. that seems very odd to me. magic is make-believe. if it was real, and dangerous (like violence), then i could see the objection, but why forbid playing a game with pretend concepts? because you believe it's real? this is kind of scary to me. making "magic" something forbidden seems to be a way of encouraging your kids to believe in superstition. but whatever floats your boat i guess. free country, so ppl can teach their kids whatever kind of whacky stuff they want. btw, i'm not trying to be snarky. i'm genuinely perplexed.
da2730da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 da2730da
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
[QUOTE="JuarN18"]

WylFret

Ahem....

So let me say something first. The tc is making this all up(troll),or i'm missing something really important that the TC forgot to mention. To start off with, let me quote you."Sounds to me very much like mom wasn't familiar with Okami and wants time to find out more about it before giving the okay." Hmm.....lets see what the TC said.."I own okami for ps2"....Contradiction.

Anyone who want to disprove?

da2730da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 da2730da

huh i hadn't heard of Christian parents not wanting their kids to play games with magic. that seems very odd to me. magic is make-believe. if it was real, and dangerous (like violence), then i could see the objection, but why forbid playing a game with pretend concepts? because you believe it's real? this is kind of scary to me. making "magic" something forbidden seems to be a way of encouraging your kids to believe in superstition. but whatever floats your boat i guess. free country, so ppl can teach their kids whatever kind of whacky stuff they want. btw, i'm not trying to be snarky. i'm genuinely perplexed.mrfett2k

Magic is thought to be "evil" because of how they brack the rules of the creator. Am i correct?Just winging a guess -_-

But we have to respect everyones decisions and religions here.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WiiMan21

[QUOTE="mrfett2k"]huh i hadn't heard of Christian parents not wanting their kids to play games with magic. that seems very odd to me. magic is make-believe. if it was real, and dangerous (like violence), then i could see the objection, but why forbid playing a game with pretend concepts? because you believe it's real? this is kind of scary to me. making "magic" something forbidden seems to be a way of encouraging your kids to believe in superstition. but whatever floats your boat i guess. free country, so ppl can teach their kids whatever kind of whacky stuff they want. btw, i'm not trying to be snarky. i'm genuinely perplexed.da2730da

Magic is thought to be "evil" because of how they brack the rules of the creator. Am i correct?Just winging a guess -_-

Well, My mom doesn't care much for that stuff, I play Zelda and stuff like that. But my mom is just a bit overley protective of what I do, she doesn't want things to desensitize me.

Avatar image for Wiifanboy_4life
Wiifanboy_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Wiifanboy_4life
Member since 2006 • 3971 Posts
lol my 8 year old brother got GTAIV which stretches the Mature rating to it's full extent, but your mom won't let you get Okami which is probably one or two points more on the scale than Everyone 10 and up? I feel major sympathy for you man.
BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BeyondPain
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts

Anyways I feel you man. I'm 16 and my parents won't let me buy mature games even though I'm only one year under the age requirement without EXTREME premission. (Like they go look at Christian review sites and ****.) (No GTAIV for me :() I would never have trouble playing a Teen game that's just silly. Okami is a peice of art, not an amoral blood fest.

Relys

Mothing against the faith but ive seen those sites, they tell parents to be careful about the sims in some of the more extreme cases..

mrfett2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mrfett2k
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts

da2730da
this is the thing. no one's breaking any rules, because THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS MAGIC lol. It doesn't exist. It's entirely fanciful. Like Superman. making a big deal about magic is just reinforcing the idea that it exists but is somehow "forbidden". just my $.02.
penamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 penamat
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts

OBJECTION!

14? Graduate? WTF?

Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 EndlessPunisher

OBJECTION!

14? Graduate? WTF?

penamat
From Middle School. Read next time.
da2730da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 da2730da
[QUOTE="da2730da"]

[QUOTE="mrfett2k"]huh i hadn't heard of Christian parents not wanting their kids to play games with magic. that seems very odd to me. magic is make-believe. if it was real, and dangerous (like violence), then i could see the objection, but why forbid playing a game with pretend concepts? because you believe it's real? this is kind of scary to me. making "magic" something forbidden seems to be a way of encouraging your kids to believe in superstition. but whatever floats your boat i guess. free country, so ppl can teach their kids whatever kind of whacky stuff they want. btw, i'm not trying to be snarky. i'm genuinely perplexed.WiiMan21

Well, My mom doesn't care much for that stuff, I play Zelda and stuff like that. But my mom is just a bit overley protective of what I do, she doesn't want things to desensitize me.

but the thing is, did you read my other post?

I mean, if you already have the game, why couldn't you buy it?O_O

Just curious.

Avatar image for TwilightSoilder
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TwilightSoilder
Member since 2007 • 1831 Posts

Relys
My parents are the same. >_> They took away my Final Fantasy and I was like 13 or 14. :cry: And just because someone said the word "Hell" one friggin time. So over protective.....but I'm 16 now and in a year my parents will possibly let me play M games....maybe....Btw they are Catholic too. (Ironic, they use the word "Hell" in the bible all the time but the minute it's in a game it's evil.)
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#38 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
That's too bad. My parents allow me to get whatever game I want but when it comes to Mature games, they want some info on it before letting me get it. They just want to look after my little sister so I understand them completely
Arkk_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Arkk_Angel
Member since 2003 • 787 Posts
[QUOTE="JuarN18"]

WylFret

I don't think parents that let their kids do what they want are bad parents either. My parents had my best interest in mind and they tried to bar me from certain things, especially toy guns. I never had any toy guns as a kid. I knew I was more responsible than my siblings even if I was younger so I bargained with my parents. So long as I was at the top of my class they would let me do what I wanted. I got to do what I wanted, never got in trouble, didn't hurt anyone, and graduated with honors from high school and college.

Yes, your parents have your best interest in mind, but I think if you can show them you're a responsible young person they may allow you to make more self-sufficient decisions. It never hurts to try. If they tell you, "no," you haven't lost anything.

skingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 skingus
Member since 2006 • 2370 Posts

But personally I don't want to play Okami, I mean it's a good game but from what I've seen from it, there's too much magic. But unfortunatley, I'm not even allowed to play any Zelda game, (there was a time where we weren't allowed to play Mario becasue it had too much magic. Sigh, I feel like I'm missing out on life, but it does make life easier.

FlameBeast4000

Man I feel sorry for people like you. Are you Penacostal(sp) ? Jeeze it's just fake... Who cares

Swixer-Swaxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 Swixer-Swaxer
Member since 2008 • 582 Posts
dude where did you graduate from? The womb?
Swixer-Swaxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 Swixer-Swaxer
Member since 2008 • 582 Posts
[QUOTE="WylFret"][QUOTE="JuarN18"]

WiiMan21

Thanks for pointing that out for other people. :)

sorry dude, hope you get Okami. I have a mum just like that sometimes lol

darthisaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 darthisaki
Member since 2004 • 806 Posts
mang u got it tough, i assume u live in the states, if u do move to aus no one gives a S*** here.
Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts
[QUOTE="penamat"]

OBJECTION!

14? Graduate? WTF?

EndlessPunisher

From Middle School. Read next time.

I wish I got stuff when I graduated from Middle school...

Avatar image for comstrikeiscool
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 comstrikeiscool
Member since 2004 • 3616 Posts

I was going to get Wii fit for part of my graduation present, so we went to wallmart, looked around a bit, no Wii Fit, so my grandma asks if I wanted to get another game and get wii fit later so I told her Okami. So we get the Okami game and just as the guy was ringing the game up at the register my grandma asked me if my mom was ok with me getting the game, so she called my mom and I had the game all purchased in the bag and everything, and my mom said no and maybe another time when shes with me. :( So we had to go up to the customer service area and rerturn my game, and to top that off they were a dollar short so now I only have 59$, not 60. =(

WiiMan21

Are you saying you didn't count the money when they gave it to you or they ran out of money?

EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 EndlessPunisher
[QUOTE="WiiMan21"]

comstrikeiscool

Are you saying you didn't count the money when they gave it to you or they ran out of money?

Sometimes stores, usually like to rip you off a dollar or so. And trust me, its no mistake. Happend to me before.
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 comstrikeiscool
[QUOTE="comstrikeiscool"][QUOTE="WiiMan21"]

EndlessPunisher

Sometimes stores, usually like to rip you off a dollar or so. And trust me, its no mistake. Happend to me before.

Don't you people count your money? I count it at the grocey store, bank, retail store....always count your money.

EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 EndlessPunisher
[QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"][QUOTE="comstrikeiscool"][QUOTE="WiiMan21"]

comstrikeiscool

Don't you people count your money? I count it at the grocey store, bank, retail store....always count your money.

Honestly I think coming up a dollar short isnt that big of a deal. Its nothing to get pissed about. Sure its almost criminal, but they mustve had a pretty good reason to do it. Besides argueing with someone over not getting your dollar back, is just a waste of time in my case.
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 comstrikeiscool
[QUOTE="comstrikeiscool"][QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"][QUOTE="comstrikeiscool"][QUOTE="WiiMan21"]

EndlessPunisher

Honestly I think coming up a dollar short isnt that big of a deal. Its nothing to get pissed about. Sure its almost criminal, but they mustve had a pretty good reason to do it. Besides argueing with someone over not getting your dollar back, is just a waste of time in my case.

That's not the point. For all you know without counting the money they may have given only $40.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

yikes

i'm glad my parents aren't strict

they've been letting me get M rated games since i was like 8

haha