my problem with the Wii Fit...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tribalnewt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tribalnewt
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts

I don't know about you but.... i feel that the wii Fit isn't really going to kick off with the age 15andup males...i don't mean to be stereotyping but,age 30+ women it might, i just think that the wii fit is forward towards a tipical house wife who wants to be "healthy". The last thing i want to do after working for 8 - 10 hours is strech and try to dodge soccer balls.... thank you for listening to my rant

cam2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cam2009
Member since 2005 • 1397 Posts
yep, that's because 30+ women are the target audience. there are people at my mom's work who are buying a wii for this game, and probably nothing else. this is for middle-aged women who do yoga in front of those excercise dvds. and that's a huge, untapped market. i'm not excited for the game either, but it's a great move by nintendo, and it's going to be huge.
tribalnewt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tribalnewt
but you have to think about the average gamer who just want to play games... sure we have mp3 and ssbb coming, but if there are people like me out there, i can't afford a ps3 or a xbox 360, granted i love the wii but i want to be just as excited to have new hardware come out and new games.ohhh but wait Wii Fit is coming out, yes!!! i get to practice my rolling Dung beetle strech....
JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
I don't know if the target audience, in America atleast, actually have Wiis. We hear reports of it but I don't actually know of any.
Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts
Well, IMO it doesn't really matter, there's enough games that will appeal to different audiences. Like Nintendo said, they're trying to bring gaming to everyone.
dombot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 dombot
Member since 2005 • 1027 Posts
I wouldn't buy it. When I want to do exercise, I go jogging or do some other sensible activity. And past that, it doesn't look terribly fun, either.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts
I can go as far as WiiSports. WiiFit will not be in my Wii.
cheesenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cheesenator
Member since 2005 • 138 Posts

People must see wiifit not as a single game, but a demo game just like wii sports/wii play were the demo games for the remote/nunchuck. Maybe somewhere in the future, hardcore games will make use of the balance board to make things more realistic.

That's just my opnion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts
I'll praise Nintendo for trying to extend its audience and revive and refine old concepts of gaming. I'm a little frustrated at the lack of more hardcore games for the Wii, but as developers catch on, I think that will change. I sincerely hope that the Wii Fit pad doesn't go the way of the Power Glove and other such Nintendo accessories of yore.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
Wii Fit is for the people who bought the console for only the party games like WiiSports. You don't need to love it. But it's pratically done that Wii Fit will sell more consoles in 2008. I'm sure there's going to have another shortage.
FFXIsAstyanax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FFXIsAstyanax
Member since 2003 • 974 Posts
Wii Fit itself is most likely being created to expand the market. Think of all the people that perform those made to DVD home exercise programs in front of their TV. Suddenly, instead of just the same routine over and over again, there's a game they can play to gain the same benefit. I'm sure there are at least a few thousand console sales that will come from this game alone.

Is it a great game idea for all of us? Probably not. Will it sell consoles? Hell yes. But that doesn't mean the balance board is a one-trick pony. I've heard speculation that it could be used as movement in a First Person genre, as a board in a new Tony Hawk or (my personal hope) a new 1080 game. Maybe it could be used as a DDR-type pad (this is pure speculation on my part, as I don't know the implementation of either the DDR pad or the balance board). But this new board could open up a good amount of possibilities for games (maybe keeping your balance, walking across a rope between buildings in Red Steel 2) where Nunchuk movement could be improved. We'll all have to wait and see.
monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

but you have to think about the average gamer who just want to play games... sure we have mp3 and ssbb coming, but if there are people like me out there, i can't afford a ps3 or a xbox 360, granted i love the wii but i want to be just as excited to have new hardware come out and new games.ohhh but wait Wii Fit is coming out, yes!!! i get to practice my rolling Dung beetle strech....tribalnewt

there are 2 whole consoles aimed at the "average gamer" and 3/4 of the wii games are aimed at them too
where is the games aimed at everyone else?

tribalnewt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tribalnewt

[QUOTE="tribalnewt"]but you have to think about the average gamer who just want to play games... sure we have mp3 and ssbb coming, but if there are people like me out there, i can't afford a ps3 or a xbox 360, granted i love the wii but i want to be just as excited to have new hardware come out and new games.ohhh but wait Wii Fit is coming out, yes!!! i get to practice my rolling Dung beetle strech....monty_4256

there are 2 whole consoles aimed at the "average gamer" and 3/4 of the wii games are aimed at them too

You've got to be kidding the Wii is all about kids games, movie games, Multi-player games, and the handful of games that appeal to the "AVERAGE GAMER". Your telling me that people are going to be that lazy to not go for a walk, but to exercise of a Wii. i guess it is motavation but is that ever sad if you have to resort to that... i have to admit tho FFXIsAstyanaxstated a good point that it would bii kool if they incorperated the balance board with actual game play, THEN, and only THEN will i consider buying the balance board

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
im 16, and cant wait for it :D
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts
I want it and i am 17 on the 2nd of october lol

Getting ps3 also... had 2 360s before that.

I think it will be fun.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Thats one of nintendos target markets. The Woman aged 30+. Anyway, you cant help but assume that after the profits of Wii Fit, nintendo is going to start using that money towards 'hardcore' Wii titles.
FFXIsAstyanax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FFXIsAstyanax

You've got to be kidding the Wii is all about kids games, movie games, Multi-player games, and the handful of games that appeal to the "AVERAGE GAMER".

tribalnewt

I don't know a single gamer that doesn't have a Wii or isn't saving up to buy one. The best thing about the Wii is the variety of titles available on the system. There are games for kids, there are multiplayer games, there are games based on movies. And they're not necessarily bad games (though made-from-movie games do have a bad rep). But it's that variety that makes the system so flexible. I can play a couple hours of Metroid, pop in Wii Sports when a couple friends visit the dorm, play some Madden before getting back to my work. Sure the occasional FPS is fun, but I could never buy a system only to play FPSs. But with the Wii, I can get my mix of FPS, RPG, Action, Sports, Fighter and general multiplayer / party games.
FFXIsAstyanax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FFXIsAstyanax
Well I guess I'm not researching the 360 enough, which doesn't surprise me because I have no interest in buying one. I doubt I would buy a dozen games on the 360 (my personal benchmark for justifying the purchase of a console). To me, action shooters, FPS, tactical shooters, 3rd person shooters, and survival games all fall under the same blanket. And I personally can only play so many of those without getting bored. For example, if I were to buy Halo3, I would pass up Bioshock, Stranglehold, and Gears of War. Maybe I would look into GTA4, but that's because I like to drive the cars and bikes around -- I rarely will actually do a mission in Vice City. But those other games are basically the same thing to me, not much variance there. And shooters aren't my thing (even if I am an American college student in my late teens, early 20s), so one or two will suffice on a system. As for RPGs, the only one I've heard of is Blue Dragon and nothing I heard of it pushed me to go out and buy it. I already own Oblivion on the PC, so I wouldn't rebuy it for the 360. That's pretty much why I passed on the 360.
gmw1082

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gmw1082
Member since 2003 • 673 Posts
I don't think I will get a copy of Wii fit. I can just do pushups, situps, etc. if I want to get some exercise. The balance board does have a lot of potential to be used in other games besides Fit. Time will tell if it catches on as an alternative controller.
7arek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 7arek
Member since 2007 • 725 Posts

I don't know about you but.... i feel that the wii Fit isn't really going to kick off with the age 15andup males...i don't mean to be stereotyping but,age 30+ women it might, i just think that the wii fit is forward towards a tipical house wife who wants to be "healthy". The last thing i want to do after working for 8 - 10 hours is strech and try to dodge soccer balls.... thank you for listening to my rant

tribalnewt

I have a bigger problem with it... The wii-mote has so much potential and though Corruption has already shown us that amazing fps's are possible on the Wii, and I'm sure Galaxy will show us another reason why the wii-mote is awesome, I want Nintendo to focus more on perfecting the Wii-mote and give us a few more great games before they start experimenting with the boogie board. I think it's just too early for Wii Fit, but I could be wrong.

moondoggey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 moondoggey
Member since 2007 • 549 Posts

im 20 i workout everday i do 3 sets of everthing im in great shape and im looking forward to wiifit i think that can be a good game and good training tool to add to my workout i also like hot it tells you how much bodyfat you have on your body i say i have right now about 6% i reallly am happy that nintendo is makieing a game like this i hope its a hit ....

just think if it sells big that outher gameing del will also jump on the wii as well lots of good things can turn out becos of this

Blk-Gnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Blk-Gnome
Member since 2006 • 1247 Posts

i sit on my ass all week watching anime and playing video games and im out of shape...but i am at 5-6% body fat too...the stupid electronic body fat calculator thing doesnt work cause i dont have enough....and i think wii fit it dumb.

its another accessory wii-owners need to get the full experiance.

wii mote and nun-chuck are sold seprate (wtf?), wii wheels, wii zapper, wii Balance board, wii javamaker, wii massager.

FLEEBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 FLEEBS
Member since 2006 • 1225 Posts

I think it's a great idea and will expand the market...

...whether hardcore gamers like it or not.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

So, you guys wouldn't want a skateboarding game for the balance board? How about a snowboarding game? It's not like this thing will be for just this one game. WiiPlay wasn't the only game for the Wiimote, right? It just introduced what the remote can do, same thing with the balance board. I think that it will make for a great peripheral if developers get on "board," no pun intended.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts
The real reason some don't want this game is because when your avator comes on screen it will look ____.
DrewBlood08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DrewBlood08
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts
My problem with Wii Fit is that its making people throw a fit before it has even come out yet...
KenpachiSama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KenpachiSama
Member since 2007 • 274 Posts

tribalnewt

I LOVE how ignorant and selfish this topic is. hahaha. Every Wii game doesn't have to turn EVERYONE on. Nintendo is the number-one gaming company right now for the soul-reason that they are reaching out to the entire audience. Not just the 15-21 year-old males that want to kill soldiers and zombies all day... online.

Nintendo wants to focus mainly on the family. A place that no other company has truly focused on in a LONG time (probably since Nintendo of the 90's).

With Wii Fit, Nintendo is not only focusing on adults that normally don't check out videogames, but they are actually cashing in on exercise. They notice that there are a lot of lazy people out there (especially in America), and Wii Fit is a way to still have fun and realize how in or out-of-shape you actually are. This is a product that America has needed for at least 10 years, since our overweight and obesity numbers have dramatically risen in that time-period.

I say, "BRAVO, NINTENDO!" It's about time someone looked on the other side of the spectrum and realized that this world, although electronically-inclined, is terribly out-of-shape.

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
I LOVE how ignorant and selfish this topic is. hahaha. Every Wii game doesn't have to turn EVERYONE on. Nintendo is the number-one gaming company right now for the soul-reason that they are reaching out to the entire audience. Not just the 15-21 year-old males that want to kill soldiers and zombies all day... online.

Nintendo wants to focus mainly on the family. A place that no other company has truly focused on in a LONG time (probably since Nintendo of the 90's).

With Wii Fit, Nintendo is not only focusing on adults that normally don't check out videogames, but they are actually cashing in on exercise. They notice that there are a lot of lazy people out there (especially in America), and Wii Fit is a way to still have fun and realize how in or out-of-shape you actually are. This is a product that America has needed for at least 10 years, since our overweight and obesity numbers have dramatically risen in that time-period.

I say, "BRAVO, NINTENDO!" It's about time someone looked on the other side of the spectrum and realized that this world, although electronically-inclined, is terribly out-of-shape.

KenpachiSama

Well I say, "NINTENDO, WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING?", sure, it's lovely that they're making money and all these old people are starting to play videogames but that doesn't relate to many of us here. I doubt that you'll find many people on these boards because they thought Wii Play was such an amazing game. I would rather Nintendo spend more time on games that appeal towards people who have been playing games for a while rathar than my grandmother.

Nintendo isn't focusing on lazy people because they think the lazy people should start moving around. They are focusing on them because they are a cash gold mine. I would rather see Nintendo turn into a SEGA instead of them becoming into a really techy fisher price. Nintendo doesn't want to focus on gamers because for the last two gens, they just haven't been getting as much "respect" as they would've liked. I don't care how many fat people there are out there, playing the Wii isn't going to get them anywhere.

Nintendo went through many phases before they turned into a gaming company and making games is really what they're good at. The only problem is that they've made too many bonehead moves after the SNES era to make themselves look as appealing as they used to be. First they decided not to go with CD's with N64, that wasn't TOO bad, they still got games but they were cut off from alot of key companies, like Square Enix. Then with Gamecube, they decided to go with CD's...but they were mini disks and for a seemingly pointless reason they decide to cut down on the buttons on the Gamecube controllers. Things were looking better for cube though, it was atleast getting games with more variety.

Now came the Wii, it all started off looking amazing a revolutionary controller, online play it all seemed good. Then Nintendo decides to leave out High Definition and throw in the slightly annoying Friend Code System. On top of ALL that, they decide to focus less on gamers and more on non-gamers? No, I am sorry, you can not congratulate a company for doing that.

FLEEBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FLEEBS

My problem with Wii Fit is that its making people throw a fit before it has even come out yet...DrewBlood08
Good one, dude!

I agree. Just look what happened to the Wii. First people thought the motion sensitive thing was dumb. Then they thought the name Wii was dumb. Now the Wii is the best selling console and no one cares about the name anymore.

Wait 'til the game comes out before you judge it!

FLEEBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FLEEBS
[QUOTE="KenpachiSama"]I LOVE how ignorant and selfish this topic is. hahaha. Every Wii game doesn't have to turn EVERYONE on. Nintendo is the number-one gaming company right now for the soul-reason that they are reaching out to the entire audience. Not just the 15-21 year-old males that want to kill soldiers and zombies all day... online.

forgot_it

Well I say, "NINTENDO, WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING?", sure, it's lovely that they're making money and all these old people are starting to play videogames but that doesn't relate to many of us here. I doubt that you'll find many people on these boards because they thought Wii Play was such an amazing game. I would rather Nintendo spend more time on games that appeal towards people who have been playing games for a while rathar than my grandmother.

Nintendo isn't focusing on lazy people because they think the lazy people should start moving around. They are focusing on them because they are a cash gold mine. I would rather see Nintendo turn into a SEGA instead of them becoming into a really techy fisher price. Nintendo doesn't want to focus on gamers because for the last two gens, they just haven't been getting as much "respect" as they would've liked. I don't care how many fat people there are out there, playing the Wii isn't going to get them anywhere.

Nintendo went through many phases before they turned into a gaming company and making games is really what they're good at. The only problem is that they've made too many bonehead moves after the SNES era to make themselves look as appealing as they used to be. First they decided not to go with CD's with N64, that wasn't TOO bad, they still got games but they were cut off from alot of key companies, like Square Enix. Then with Gamecube, they decided to go with CD's...but they were mini disks and for a seemingly pointless reason they decide to cut down on the buttons on the Gamecube controllers. Things were looking better for cube though, it was atleast getting games with more variety.

Now came the Wii, it all started off looking amazing a revolutionary controller, online play it all seemed good. Then Nintendo decides to leave out High Definition and throw in the slightly annoying Friend Code System. On top of ALL that, they decide to focus less on gamers and more on non-gamers? No, I am sorry, you can not congratulate a company for doing that.

Nintendo has NOT forgotten the hardcore gamers. Just give it a little more time. We have plenty of good stuff to look forward to.

Also, once these third parties start to get on board (as is happening now), we are going to see a lot of different stuff. Lack of third party support has been one of Nintendo's biggest issues in the past, but with the success of the Wii we are going to see a lot more support here.

As soon as online starts rolling things are going to get better also.

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts
[QUOTE="monty_4256"]

[QUOTE="tribalnewt"]but you have to think about the average gamer who just want to play games... sure we have mp3 and ssbb coming, but if there are people like me out there, i can't afford a ps3 or a xbox 360, granted i love the wii but i want to be just as excited to have new hardware come out and new games.ohhh but wait Wii Fit is coming out, yes!!! i get to practice my rolling Dung beetle strech....tribalnewt

You've got to be kidding the Wii is all about kids games, movie games, Multi-player games, and the handful of games that appeal to the "AVERAGE GAMER". Your telling me that people are going to be that lazy to not go for a walk, but to exercise of a Wii. i guess it is motavation but is that ever sad if you have to resort to that... i have to admit tho FFXIsAstyanaxstated a good point that it would bii kool if they incorperated the balance board with actual game play, THEN, and only THEN will i consider buying the balance board

umm and that's what I said? there's still like 1/4 of the games that aren't aimed at us averages, like wii sports, altho we play it it's aimed at a very wide range of non-gamers too, as well as big brain academy, and others, it's more on the DS tho

Garygok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#34 Garygok
Member since 2007 • 967 Posts
Targetted audience or not... I see Wii Fit as yet another way to get the girlfirend attracted to gaming. Nintendo has been awesome so far in doing what no other game (system) could, raising playability to a level that non gamers can get into.
gmw1082

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gmw1082
Member since 2003 • 673 Posts

forgot_it

Like Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, SSBM, and Mario Kart.

Rexatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rexatar
Member since 2007 • 365 Posts
Geez, why can't people just grasp the fact that Nintendo is trying to make money! They don't care if you are dissatisfied with the decisions they make as a company! If you don't like it fine, just don't buy it and forget about it.
Gameslayer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 Gameslayer3
Member since 2006 • 19915 Posts
TC lets just hope they use this in games so it will be ok lol