More questions about Mario Kart 7

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

OK, so the stats for racing are:

Speed

Acceleration

Weight

Handling

Off-Road

What do each do specifically? Obviously speed would mean how fast you go, but are there other things it does?

What should i look to focus on? Obviously i would want to be fast, take better advantage of those "mini turbos" , the red and blue ones, and be first. But what should i do to accomplish the best?

pataponplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 pataponplayer
Member since 2009 • 1410 Posts

OK, so the stats for racing are:

Speed

Acceleration

Weight

Handling

Off-Road

What do each do specifically? Obviously speed would mean how fast you go, but are there other things it does?

What should i look to focus on? Obviously i would want to be fast, take better advantage of those "mini turbos" , the red and blue ones, and be first. But what should i do to accomplish the best?

hydralisk86
Speed and acceleration are most important, as acceleration helps you recover from get by an item faster. Weight makes it harder for you to glide, it's usually desired to have low weight. Handling is how easy it can be controlled, and off-road determines your speed in off-road areas (like grass patches).
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Speed is how fast you go. Acceleration is how quickly you get to top speed. If you are an excellent racer who does not wipe out a lot top speed would be more important for you. If you tend to get drilled with items relentlessly or crash quite a bit acceleration is more important. Weightier characters will prevent you from getting jostled about.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I've found that the actual stats aren't that important. What matters most is that you compile a kart that you can control perfectly. Some people prefer sliding around a bit more, some people prefer tighter slides, whatever allows you to get around corners efficiently with as many power sliding boosts as possible.

The stats are balanced in such a way that it's pretty difficult to improve any one stat without deviating from your sweet spot. If you try a much faster kart, for example, it'll probably change the handling just enough to screw you up. But consistency is key, so as long as you're in a kart that handles to your liking, you'll be able to compete with the best.