Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on sale on the eShop - $20

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Thanks to dobzilian in SW for alerting us of this. I'll post what I posted there

"Okay, I need opinions. I always buy games that are at least decent when they go on sale for $20 or less digitally on handhelds. This helps the devs, makes me not need a cart, and helps support digital download on handhelds which I love. I did this with Code of Princess recently for the 3DS and enjoy that quite a bit.

I have $25 left from the SMT IV/FE:A promotion. I'm also not a big fan of Monster Hunter at all; the 40 hours I tried putting into MHF2 and MHFU ultimately ended with me disliking the series' combat and the 3DS demo, after many, many tries, didn't help either.

Is there content in this one that's not in the demo or the PSP ones that's worth playing for someone who's not a fan of the series?"

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#2 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
MH3U is still listed as $39.99 on the eshop.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blabadon
Apparently it's only dropped on the eShop in the UK so far. I was gonna buy it and got stumped by $39.99 as well. What's the best way to spend $5 on the eShop on the 3DS that isn't a VC game?
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Blabadon
Sale's up! Bought the game!
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I'm also not a big fan of Monster Hunter at all; the 40 hours I tried putting into MHF2 and MHFU ultimately ended with me disliking the series' combat and the 3DS demo, after many, many tries, didn't help either.

Blabadon

The game is bad looking and plays worse, so I mean if you want a game that you already know you wont like go ahead and get it? lol

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#6 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
I was waiting for something like this!! I just got it too! now I won't stop playing even away from my Wii U!
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
BTW, this may be a clear sign of MH4 coming west soon...
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]

I'm also not a big fan of Monster Hunter at all; the 40 hours I tried putting into MHF2 and MHFU ultimately ended with me disliking the series' combat and the 3DS demo, after many, many tries, didn't help either.

Jaysonguy

The game is bad looking and plays worse, so I mean if you want a game that you already know you wont like go ahead and get it? lol

I think it plays just fine and looks pretty good. Go figure.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Not bad for $19!
NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

I might pick this up, I've wanted to get into the series.  My roommate absolutely loves it.  I just upgraded my launch 3DS to a black XL that should be here tomorrow.  Might be the perfect opportunity.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34625 Posts

Awesome, bought it! Now I need a bigger SD card.. :P

I think I have a 4gb lying here somewhere. The game wont be tied to that SD card, right? I can delete it and download it to another card, I hope?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]

rgsniper1

Depends, do you have the circle pad pro?

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#13 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts

Awesome, bought it! Now I need a bigger SD card.. :P

I think I have a 4gb lying here somewhere. The game wont be tied to that SD card, right? I can delete it and download it to another card, I hope?

Litchie
It's tied to the system so you can just re-download it on another sd card.
slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

I was gonna buy it as Wal-Mart for the full $40. 

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#15 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

Jaysonguy
I cannot disagree with this, the game is incredibly awkward without a circle pad pro - kind of like playing the original Wii version with remote and nunchuck instead of classic controller. 3DS version is pretty ugly too. I would be all over the WiiU version on sale except my WiiU doesn't arrive until Monday at the earliest and the sale will be over by then. And of course Nintendo doesn't have a proper account system and a way to make purchases online so blech.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

[QUOTE="rgsniper1"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Depends, do you have the circle pad pro?

Yes, but you didn't specify that so I didn't either. I've read several people say that without the CPP the only part that wasn't good was the underwater sections but i've not bothered as I didn't need to even try it having already purchased the CPP before it came out.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I bought this game on launch day(which was a brilliant move considering it was my first MH game and I would have been hopeless without the digital strategy guide that came with it) and I thought it looked great. Especially in 3D. The CPP adds greatly the your ability to play underwater, but on land all you ever need is to adjust the camera up or down to your preference and use the L trigger to reset behind you.