Miyamoto: We'll Focus More On Gaming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

In an interview with EDGE magazine, Miyamoto has stated that the long time spent on development of hardware took away from their focus on software. Miyamoto states the following:

"We spent a lot of time developing 3DS, for games for the future, so from now on I think we'll focus more on gaming and we are releasing lots of games this year."

You can read the full story HERE.

--

Personally, I think this just means exactly what Miyamoto said. There is more free time for him and Nintendo to focus on software for their new hardware, the 3DS and probably a new console.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
this is unexpected? They spent a long time and a great deal of their resources on designing the hardware. Now those resources can be allocated in a different manner (some still on hardware but the majority on software)
Rafandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Rafandrews
Member since 2007 • 268 Posts

Those few words are so reasuring. I remember when the wii came out and I had nothing to buy. Then Brawl came out and I bought Brawl, but that was it for me, afterwards it was justa few rentals. Now the 3ds is a whole different case. Sure thelaunch line-up is nothingshort of horrid yetI can already see some truth to Miyamoto's words. I am itching to get my hands onmany titles such as; Ocarina of time,MGS 3D, Mario Kart 3d, Super Mario Bros. 3d, eShop games....

I hope Nintendo delivers :D

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i'm trying to picture what is a world where nintendo decides they don't release enough games and start with an overflow. sadly, this world is too awesome for my mere human comprehension.
iAmAbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 iAmAbel
Member since 2011 • 860 Posts

I wish the 3ds came with 30gb memory so you can download full games in a eshop instead of going somewere finding out that its sold out

Spade_Crisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Spade_Crisis
Member since 2007 • 809 Posts

I wish the 3ds came with 30gb memory so you can download full games in a eshop instead of going somewere finding out that its sold out

iAmAbel

But surely, that'll probably lead to the same fate as the PSP Go...
It's good to know that Miyamoto will be focusing more on gamplay. I'll have the 3DS under my radar.