Metroid Prime Trilogy vs Corruption

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MBXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MBXIII
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Should I play metroid prime 1 and 2 before corruption or just go straight to corruption?

I know the first two are remade for the wii, but since they're older, won't they feel too dated to be fun? Even if they are fun, is it worth the effort of getting a copy of trilogy or just buy corruption?

Ramen1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ramen1020
Member since 2009 • 1031 Posts

Should I play metroid prime 1 and 2 before corruption or just go straight to corruption?

I know the first two are remade for the wii, but since they're older, won't they feel too dated to be fun? Even if they are fun, is it worth the effort of getting a copy of trilogy or just buy corruption?

MBXIII

Nothing feels too dated to be fun. A lot of the best games ever are "dated" but their still awsome games. Hell, i played Zelda OoT yesterday and had a blast

I would definately try to find a copy of trilogy.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

No, the original Metroid Prime is a superior game to Corruption regardless of when it was released. All three are fantastic games still today, I'd rank them Metroid Prime>Corruption>Echoes.

zerosaber456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zerosaber456
Member since 2005 • 1363 Posts
Get Metroid Prime Trilogy. You won't regret. Must warn you though that at most retailers it's discontinued so your best bet is to try ebay or amazon
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
If you can, better get Trilogy. Is great an you'll get the best version of the first two games
PSNIDCiocio313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PSNIDCiocio313
Member since 2009 • 391 Posts

i just bought metroid triliogy the other day since i heard it was being discontinued

i started with the first metroid for gamecube, and let me tell u, the game is so much better with the wii controls its like your playing a whole new game, but i never finished or even attempted to play the gamecube metroid because i hated the controls for gamecube

i think its best to start with the earliest versions of metroid to know the story better

it feels like your playing a game thats made for ps3

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

won't they feel too dated to be fun?

MBXIII

What?

That's the most....special question I've ever heard.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

is tetris to dated to be fun? no

fluffy_kins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 fluffy_kins
Member since 2006 • 2553 Posts

[QUOTE="MBXIII"]

won't they feel too dated to be fun?

bob_newman

What?

That's the most....special question I've ever heard.

yeah, agreed :roll:

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

MBXIII
Play the first two before you play Corruption. You shouldn't miss the first one. It's the best in the series and one of the best games of all time.
fmacraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fmacraze
Member since 2007 • 5658 Posts

No, the original Metroid Prime is a superior game to Corruption regardless of when it was released. All three are fantastic games still today, I'd rank them Metroid Prime>Corruption>Echoes.

_BlueDuck_
No. Corruption > Prime > Echoes. as for the thread, play them in order to understand the story at least.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

They're all great games, and I recommend picking up Trilogy. You can't beat the price for 3 great games all on one disc.

I would also play the games starting from the beginning. Although, you don't necessarily have to, but it's a great story line.

Also, don't go into Echoes thinking it's a bad game just because people say it is. It's just not the best in the series.

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

If you're going to get the trilogy, you might as well play them in order. There were things I liked and disliked about each, so I have a hard time ranking them.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i enjoyed my first attempt on prime 1, when playing the trilogy, more than i enjoyed prime 2 on the gamecube. it doesn't feel dated, and they're all great.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i tried to play corruption without playing the first 2 and i felt like i missed a whole bunch of stuff and was just thrown into a fps scifi shooter..

i have trilogy now to fully undserstand the story

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
[QUOTE="MBXIII"]

Best buy to get the trilogy. I sold my corruption for the trilogy because 1 and 2 have been remasterized and are equal to 3 with the new controls.
JayGonDS89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 JayGonDS89
Member since 2005 • 959 Posts

i saw Metroid Prime Trilogy the other day at Best Buy for $20. i'm def gonna get it, when i get paid again

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
The Prime series is very good, the first 2 are not much behind 3 in visuals. The first one is amazing and a must play.
iano-87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 iano-87
Member since 2010 • 685 Posts

get the trilogy. alot of shops havnt even sold out yet but im in ireland so it could be a different situation where you are

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts

If you don't play Prime first, all will be lost.

DEsMONdo67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 DEsMONdo67
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Why even ask the question "Metroid Prime Trilogy v Corruption" ? Trilogy has not only Corruption but Prime and Echoes as well so I think its a bit of a no brainer.