Metroid: Other M v.s. Kirby's Epic Yarn v.s. Super Mario Galaxy 2.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HawkEye1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HawkEye1997
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts

First off I'm surprised that no one else made this topic. So anyways have you guys forgotten about SMG2? There ain't many topic on it anymore. But anyways the first half of the year is done and Nintendo served up some AMAZING games. However only one can be the best which one is it? You decide.

My vote has to go to Super Mario Galaxy 2. First off it is a really long game and is definitely packed full of awesomeness (or some may call it "Bang for your buck") and the visuals are stunning and look better than over half of PS3 and 360 games. The return of Yoshi just = total epicness. I have put in over 100 hours in it and still haven't gotten all the green stars and also one thing.... LUIGI IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! (I love Luigi :P). However Other M and Kirby are awesome and Kirby's Epic Yarn I go through the levels over and over again just because they are so awesome. I mean really the level design is well epic! Other M is actually at the bottom even though I think the Metroid Series is better than the Kirby series. Other M just I don't know (I love it so much though).

So yeah. Which is your favorite of the awesome Nintendo games of (so far) 2010? And yes another "v.s." topic. I just was thinking about this and I had to do it.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
my boy, we're two months from the year's END, the first half was over looooong ago :P
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
the only one of the list i have played is other m so it get my vote, but i am sure i'll love kirby once i get it
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
I'd probably rate them SMG 2, Metroid other M, then Kirby due to being a fan of Mario, a slight fan of Metroid and not really a fan of Kirby.
HawkEye1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HawkEye1997
my boy, we're two months from the year's END, the first half was over looooong ago :PBrunoBRS
this topic is gonna fail isn't it :P
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

SMG2 for the graphics

Epic Yarn for art style

and Donkey Kong Contry Returns for epicness that only retro can do :P

I know DKCR wasnt one of the options, but still.

And Metroid the other M gets my vote on best cinima scenes ever.

Just so that everyone knows, I was the one who voted for SMG2 in the poll.

TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TGM_basic
Member since 2003 • 6299 Posts

Haven't played Kirby, so I can't comment on it.

Other M is leaps and bounds better than SMG2 in every way, shape, and form. Other M is a masterpiece of a game, and the very best released this entire console generation. Is it perfect? No, it certainly has it's flaws. Yet, despite these flaws, it still remained the very best this generation has to offer, bar none.

SMG2 is an overrated, mediocre title at the very best. It fails to live up to it's predecessors in every way imaginable, and is undeserving of all of the high praise it's received all around. I'd hardly call my experience with the game as fun. It's mildly entertaining for a brief period of time, but it soon becomes a slogging chore, until I'm left with no choice but to place it back in it's box for good.

If people aren't talking about SMG2 anymore, maybe it's because it honest to god really wasn't as good as everyone made it out to be at first. That's my opinion, at least. Such a shame, though, that of those two, Other M is going to go completely overlooked for GOTY awards at the end of the year, while SMG2 will almost certainly undeservedly scoop up more than a handful of 'em.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]my boy, we're two months from the year's END, the first half was over looooong ago :PHawkEye1997
this topic is gonna fail isn't it :P

if nobody notices that little math mistake you did (mario galaxy is the only game from the first half), then maybe not :P
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Mario Galaxy 2 > Kirby > Metroid
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Galaxy 2>Other M>Epic Yarn

HawkEye1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HawkEye1997

Haven't played Kirby, so I can't comment on it.

Other M is leaps and bounds better than SMG2 in every way, shape, and form. Other M is a masterpiece of a game, and the very best released this entire console generation. Is it perfect? No, it certainly has it's flaws. Yet, despite these flaws, it still remained the very best this generation has to offer, bar none.

SMG2 is an overrated, mediocre title at the very best. It fails to live up to it's predecessors in every way imaginable, and is undeserving of all of the high praise it's received all around. I'd hardly call my experience with the game as fun. It's mildly entertaining for a brief period of time, but it soon becomes a slogging chore, until I'm left with no choice but to place it back in it's box for good.

If people aren't talking about SMG2 anymore, maybe it's because it honest to god really wasn't as good as everyone made it out to be at first. That's my opinion, at least. Such a shame, though, that of those two, Other M is going to go completely overlooked for GOTY awards at the end of the year, while SMG2 will almost certainly undeservedly scoop up more than a handful of 'em.

TGM_basic
How much of it have you played?
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I have not even played Galaxy 2 yet (played 1), and I know its obviously the best of the three :P.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
I haven't played Kirby yet, but out of the other two: SMG2>>>>>>>Metroid: Other M. I couldn't help but laugh ridiculously out loud when I saw Metroid: Other M being called a masterpiece.
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

First off I'm surprised that no one else made this topic.

HawkEye1997

You should wait until DKCR comes out, then do a ocmparison of the 4 big 2010 Nintendo games.

gulfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gulfo
Member since 2009 • 435 Posts

SMG2 for being the perfection of something perfect. Then Other M for trying to bring back some old Metroid style gameplay, still needs work though. Kirby haven't played it.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="HawkEye1997"]

First off I'm surprised that no one else made this topic.

trugs26

You should wait until DKCR comes out, then do a ocmparison of the 4 big 2010 Nintendo games.

Oh man I cannot wait for DKCR! It will possibly take over Mario Galaxy 2 (even though I have only played 1), but both probably are amazing.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Metroid Other M of course!! Who cares about a moreofthesame sequel or a game which wasn't intended to be a Kirby game in the first place, and just slapped Kirby on it to make it sale, without even adding the character's most iconic ability? Metroid is a work of art, and a narrative masterpiece.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NaveedLife

Metroid Other M of course!! Who cares about a moreofthesame sequel or a game which wasn't intended to be a Kirby game in the first place, and just slapped Kirby on it to make it sale, without even adding the character's most iconic ability? Metroid is a work of art, and a narrative masterpiece.Rod90

As much as i love Other M, it has far too many flaws to be ranked with Mario Galaxy 2 (assuming Mario Galaxy 2 is as good or better then Galaxy 1, which I am sure it is). Other M was better then the sum of its parts, which is why I think the reviews of it were justifiable, but my personal feel was probably more like a 9.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Kirby was an incredibly enjoyable game all the way through. I can't say that about the other two.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17819 Posts
sadly i wont get to play kirby until next year. dang european release. however in terms of the other 2 id rate galaxy 2 in a completly different league to other M. i didnt like other M at all. galaxy 2 didnt quite have the wow factor of one but it was still great.
Link71113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Link71113
Member since 2003 • 180 Posts

Metroid Other M gets my vote easily over the other two blahblah games.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#22 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
smg2 > Other M, yet I haven't played Kirby's Yarn so my vote goes to smg2 at this time. And how the flying crap is Other M better than Galaxy 2? Such wrong opinions people possess.
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

Well I am a Metroid fanboy, so my answer is obvious. Metroid was FANTASTIC. But all three are amazing and I own each one.

Link71113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Link71113
Member since 2003 • 180 Posts

smg2 > Other M, yet I haven't played Kirby's Yarn so my vote goes to smg2 at this time. And how the flying crap is Other M better than Galaxy 2? Such wrong opinions people possess.wiifan001

Cause it is~. And yus, opnions are so wrong when they don't agree, don't know why people dish them out. How awesome are you...

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wiifan001

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]smg2 > Other M, yet I haven't played Kirby's Yarn so my vote goes to smg2 at this time. And how the flying crap is Other M better than Galaxy 2? Such wrong opinions people possess.Link71113

Cause it is~. And yus, opnions are so wrong when they don't agree, don't know why people dish them out. How awesome are you...

When THE Wiifan001 says Other M is not as good as smg2, it goes far beyond a simple disagreement. The opinion is wrong, I say it is, therefore it is. And since you're new, I'll cut you a break.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="Link71113"]

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]smg2 > Other M, yet I haven't played Kirby's Yarn so my vote goes to smg2 at this time. And how the flying crap is Other M better than Galaxy 2? Such wrong opinions people possess.wiifan001

When THE Wiifan001 says Other M is not as good as smg2, it goes far beyond a simple disagreement. The opinion is wrong, I say it is, therefore it is. And since you're new, I'll cut you a break.

so you're finally back to saying those? :P

but i have to agree. as great as other M was, galaxy 2 is just magical.

and i'm not done with epic yarn yet, but it's on the same level of charm and smart design as galaxy 2. only much shorter, which eventually means galaxy 2 is superior, since it kept that level of quality through so many more levels.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wiifan001
so you're finally back to saying those? >BrunoBRS
I haven't had the need to pull it out since "Twilight Princess vs. Ocarina of Time,".....in the wii forums.
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I voted Epic Yarn. Mario Galaxy 2 is awesome, but I personally prefer 2D platformers over 3D ones.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] so you're finally back to saying those? >wiifan001
I haven't had the need to pull it out since "Twilight Princess vs. Ocarina of Time,".....in the wii forums.

isn't it possibly moddable if someone takes it the wrong way? i mean, i've been modded for much less.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wiifan001

[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] so you're finally back to saying those? >BrunoBRS

isn't it possibly moddable if someone takes it the wrong way? i mean, i've been modded for much less.

Only once. I had a very long paragraph but I'm just going to simplify it as: Keep an oversized ego away from the mods.

But it's ok to not like their acts of what they call "enforcing" because I've shown directly to them time and time again they HAVE shown cases of selectiveness and bias, and some refuse and will continue to refuse to admit it....hell, this post might be deleted because mods may not want this outspoken fanboy to get an inch, so they'll just attempt to restrain me with some sort of...whatever it is. Bottom line is there are areas in which I reeaaaally don't like the system.

THE Wiifan001 in da forums, yo. I wish I would've changed my username to THEWiifan On topic, I eagerly await Kirby's Epic Yarn.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] so you're finally back to saying those? >wiifan001

Please tell me you squashed it by saying OoT is better? Haha TP is a great game, but the worst of the 3D ones IMO.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wiifan001

[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] so you're finally back to saying those? >NaveedLife

Please tell me you squashed it by saying OoT is better? Haha TP is a great game, but the worst of the 3D ones IMO.

I don't want to get any more off topic, but I answer with "yes" to your question.
HawkEye1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HawkEye1997

[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] so you're finally back to saying those? >NaveedLife

Twillight Princess is the 2nd greatest game of all time IMO AFTER Oot :P
da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
all 3 are games that all Wii gamers should have. Why get a Wii if your not supporting nintendo? But SMG2 is my fav, then Metroid, and im getting kirby when DKC comes out. Going to buy 3 games in 1 day....DKC, Kirby, and Goldeneye.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="wiifan001"] I haven't had the need to pull it out since "Twilight Princess vs. Ocarina of Time,".....in the wii forums.HawkEye1997

Twillight Princess is the 2nd greatest game of all time IMO AFTER Oot :P

if you're talking about zelda only... then wind waker comes first. then TP and then minish cap. THERE I SAID IT.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#37 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I haven't played Kirby yet but I know Metroid Other M is going on the bottom of my list.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I am so very sad today because I beat Metroid Other M yesterday after 7 hours on my first play through. It lasted only 3 play sessions, I thought I was only half way through.

SMG2 on the other hand has a lot of game in there.

I've only demoed Kirby at BB so I don't know about that one.

Emurozii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Emurozii
Member since 2010 • 269 Posts
Other M I haven't played Kirby's Yarn yet though. It isn't released till March 26th next year :(
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Emurozii"]Other M I haven't played Kirby's Yarn yet though. It isn't released till March 26th next year :(

because, you know, there's sooooooo much localization work to do! :P
rushiosan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 rushiosan
Member since 2010 • 178 Posts
I'd pick Other M. Best Metroid game I ever played, seriously.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#43 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Mario Galaxy 2 Metroid Other M was a dissapointing game with certain control issues and Samus was such a dull character in the game. Mario Galaxy 2 had excellent level design,Yoshi and cool new power ups. Can't comment on Kirby it isn't out in the UK till 2011.