Metroid confirmed as online?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tarzanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tarzanell
Member since 2006 • 1503 Posts
http://gonintendo.com/?p=13316

Scroll down and read it, baby!
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts
On Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - “What I will tell you about ‘Metroid’ is that ‘Metroid’ will be fabulous. I think it’s fair to say that all of us were disappointed with the sales of ‘Metroid Prime 2,’ [the game’s developer] Retro included. The focus on ‘Prime 3′ is to make that the stellar game for a first-person experience on the platform. … What that means is we’re going to make sure it’s perfect when we launch it. I think this is one where your readers — the fans of Nintendo, the core gamer — need to recognize that when we release it, it will be perfect. And if that’s a little later than folks would have liked, I’m hoping they’re going to be happy. They certainly seem to be happy that we took our time with ‘[The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.’ ” With that kind of talk, the obvious follow-up question was: “If it’s perfect, does that mean it’s going to be online?” In response, Fils-Aime said: “That’s perfect for you.” I dont think that means anything....
smugglepuffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 smugglepuffles
Member since 2004 • 103 Posts
good find! now there is even more to drool about for the next months.
tarzanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tarzanell
[QUOTE="soulfood4"]On Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - “What I will tell you about ‘Metroid’ is that ‘Metroid’ will be fabulous. I think it’s fair to say that all of us were disappointed with the sales of ‘Metroid Prime 2,’ [the game’s developer] Retro included. The focus on ‘Prime 3′ is to make that the stellar game for a first-person experience on the platform. … What that means is we’re going to make sure it’s perfect when we launch it. I think this is one where your readers — the fans of Nintendo, the core gamer — need to recognize that when we release it, it will be perfect. And if that’s a little later than folks would have liked, I’m hoping they’re going to be happy. They certainly seem to be happy that we took our time with ‘[The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.’ ” With that kind of talk, the obvious follow-up question was: “If it’s perfect, does that mean it’s going to be online?” In response, Fils-Aime said: “That’s perfect for you.” I dont think that means anything....

"That's perfect for you." What do you think? Also, your sig still makes me laugh.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts
[QUOTE="tarzanell"][QUOTE="soulfood4"]On Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - “What I will tell you about ‘Metroid’ is that ‘Metroid’ will be fabulous. I think it’s fair to say that all of us were disappointed with the sales of ‘Metroid Prime 2,’ [the game’s developer] Retro included. The focus on ‘Prime 3′ is to make that the stellar game for a first-person experience on the platform. … What that means is we’re going to make sure it’s perfect when we launch it. I think this is one where your readers — the fans of Nintendo, the core gamer — need to recognize that when we release it, it will be perfect. And if that’s a little later than folks would have liked, I’m hoping they’re going to be happy. They certainly seem to be happy that we took our time with ‘[The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.’ ” With that kind of talk, the obvious follow-up question was: “If it’s perfect, does that mean it’s going to be online?” In response, Fils-Aime said: “That’s perfect for you.” I dont think that means anything....

"That's perfect for you." What do you think? Also, your sig still makes me laugh.

Same here, but I hope he's just joking.
Anyway, METROID + ONLINE = TheJoker is happy :)
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
I read it this morning and it means nothing all it means; is that it would be perfect for "you" online but that doesn't necessarily reflect Nintendo's view on what "they" think "we" think the perfect game is. Did that make sense?
Fathern8092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fathern8092
Member since 2005 • 281 Posts
"Thats perfect for you" doesnt even make sense... damn you Nintendo. Your coded messages are no longer even sensical. 
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts
Thats not a confirmation. He simply means whats perfect for him (interviewer) isn't exactly perfect for Nintendo.
kukukuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kukukuk
Member since 2005 • 2406 Posts
they could be saying it like: well I cant say it on the internet because there are no tones and expressions... so nevermind, I think it will have online though.
magrappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 magrappy
Member since 2003 • 1835 Posts
Please change the name of your post to Nintendo Hint at Metroid 3 Online" or something similar.
Project_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Project_g
Member since 2003 • 1368 Posts
I'd be more than happy if Metroid comes shipped with a robust online mode. But I'll take this with a grain of salt until I see the details for real.
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
I read it this morning and it means nothing all it means; is that it would be perfect for "you" online but that doesn't necessarily reflect Nintendo's view on what "they" think "we" think the perfect game is. Did that make sense?lzorro
yeahh... it made sense, i just hope that nintendo realizes that what we think is perfect, is what they SHOULD DO..... online smash / metroid
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
[QUOTE="tarzanell"][QUOTE="soulfood4"]On Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - “What I will tell you about ‘Metroid’ is that ‘Metroid’ will be fabulous. I think it’s fair to say that all of us were disappointed with the sales of ‘Metroid Prime 2,’ [the game’s developer] Retro included. The focus on ‘Prime 3′ is to make that the stellar game for a first-person experience on the platform. … What that means is we’re going to make sure it’s perfect when we launch it. I think this is one where your readers — the fans of Nintendo, the core gamer — need to recognize that when we release it, it will be perfect. And if that’s a little later than folks would have liked, I’m hoping they’re going to be happy. They certainly seem to be happy that we took our time with ‘[The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.’ ” With that kind of talk, the obvious follow-up question was: “If it’s perfect, does that mean it’s going to be online?” In response, Fils-Aime said: “That’s perfect for you.” I dont think that means anything....

IYO that is perfect [in mine it is not], is what he meant I think.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11937 Posts
[QUOTE="soulfood4"]On Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - “What I will tell you about ‘Metroid’ is that ‘Metroid’ will be fabulous. I think it’s fair to say that all of us were disappointed with the sales of ‘Metroid Prime 2,’ [the game’s developer] Retro included. The focus on ‘Prime 3′ is to make that the stellar game for a first-person experience on the platform. … What that means is we’re going to make sure it’s perfect when we launch it. I think this is one where your readers — the fans of Nintendo, the core gamer — need to recognize that when we release it, it will be perfect. And if that’s a little later than folks would have liked, I’m hoping they’re going to be happy. They certainly seem to be happy that we took our time with ‘[The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.’ ” With that kind of talk, the obvious follow-up question was: “If it’s perfect, does that mean it’s going to be online?” In response, Fils-Aime said: “That’s perfect for you.” I dont think that means anything....

fils-aime sucks... what does he even do? . perfect is not subjective, reggie should put down the cheeseburger and figure it out
darkfame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 darkfame
Member since 2004 • 970 Posts
I read it this morning and it means nothing all it means; is that it would be perfect for "you" online but that doesn't necessarily reflect Nintendo's view on what "they" think "we" think the perfect game is. Did that make sense?lzorro
This is the correct analysis of what Fils-Aime said.
Psy236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Psy236
Member since 2006 • 973 Posts
[QUOTE="gatsbythepig"][QUOTE="soulfood4"]On Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - “What I will tell you about ‘Metroid’ is that ‘Metroid’ will be fabulous. I think it’s fair to say that all of us were disappointed with the sales of ‘Metroid Prime 2,’ [the game’s developer] Retro included. The focus on ‘Prime 3′ is to make that the stellar game for a first-person experience on the platform. … What that means is we’re going to make sure it’s perfect when we launch it. I think this is one where your readers — the fans of Nintendo, the core gamer — need to recognize that when we release it, it will be perfect. And if that’s a little later than folks would have liked, I’m hoping they’re going to be happy. They certainly seem to be happy that we took our time with ‘[The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.’ ” With that kind of talk, the obvious follow-up question was: “If it’s perfect, does that mean it’s going to be online?” In response, Fils-Aime said: “That’s perfect for you.” I dont think that means anything....

fils-aime sucks... what does he even do? . perfect is not subjective, reggie should put down the cheeseburger and figure it out

u do know that fils-aime is the president right?
tarzanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tarzanell
egads, you're all right. The accent could change the meaning entirely, I was reading it without emphasis on the "you." Updating the title now.
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
Thats not a confirmation. He simply means whats perfect for him (interviewer) isn't exactly perfect for Nintendo. angelfly
kayn83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 kayn83
Member since 2004 • 2214 Posts
I think Metroid Prime 3 needs to be online because..

a) Metroid Prime: Hunters worked pretty well and has been a successful Wi-fi game
b) Nintendo needs an online shooter than can compete with the Halos and GeoWs of the world.
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
I think he means what is perfect for one, is not perfect for another. Which means internet gaming might be perfect for us, but perhaps isn't for them.