Meteos dysney magic...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fro_mo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 fro_mo
Member since 2004 • 883 Posts
I saw some video's from that game and... i dont know what to say. It looks so different, they changed the rocket boosts and made it look like lumines. Also the whole disney thing makes it look immature... But we'll see the review on it. Have any of you had any complaints on the game so far?
Annexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Annexx
Member since 2004 • 854 Posts
Well my gf is absolutely stoked for it. She loves Disney...anyway...the made it vertical, but also madie it so rows eliminate vert and horz. Other than that not much diff. BTW werent meteos and lumines made by the same guy? Annexx
princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts
For some reason I never played Meteos. I honestly am looking forward to the game because of the fact that it is Disney related. I know there isn't a difference between the games so this edition should score similarly to the original one. 
fro_mo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fro_mo
For some reason I never played Meteos. I honestly am looking forward to the game because of the fact that it is Disney related. I know there isn't a difference between the games so this edition should score similarly to the original one. princesszelda

No, I highly doubt it, because when games don't change too much, gamespot and other game sites drops the rating down by a lot because it doesn't have a new innovating and original gameplay brought to the table. So if this game is almost similar to the original it might get about 7.9 or something. To show you some examples, go look at the score of Lumines 1 and Lumines 2 (gamespot review), theres a lot of score difference because it's still the same and it's not new etc.
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

For some reason I never played Meteos. I honestly am looking forward to the game because of the fact that it is Disney related. I know there isn't a difference between the games so this edition should score similarly to the original one. princesszelda

But it is diffrent. It seems dumbed down to me; now you can move the blocks (which are much bigger) in all directions, instead of just vertically. I was addicted to the original, but I won't be getting this version.

fro_mo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fro_mo

[QUOTE="princesszelda"]For some reason I never played Meteos. I honestly am looking forward to the game because of the fact that it is Disney related. I know there isn't a difference between the games so this edition should score similarly to the original one. the_leet_kid

But it is diffrent. It seems dumbed down to me; now you can move the blocks (which are much bigger) in all directions, instead of just vertically. I was addicted to the original, but I won't be getting this version.

Oh and why is that, is it because it looks immature?. LOL
Ray_Out

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Ray_Out
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts
Disney+Magic+Meteos = WTF.
fro_mo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fro_mo
Disney+Magic+Meteos = WTF.Ray_Out

i know, out of all different things they had to take disney :p
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts
[QUOTE="the_leet_kid"]

[QUOTE="princesszelda"]For some reason I never played Meteos. I honestly am looking forward to the game because of the fact that it is Disney related. I know there isn't a difference between the games so this edition should score similarly to the original one. fro_mo

But it is diffrent. It seems dumbed down to me; now you can move the blocks (which are much bigger) in all directions, instead of just vertically. I was addicted to the original, but I won't be getting this version.

Oh and why is that, is it because it looks immature?. LOL

I don't like Disney, but that's not why I won't be getting it, I explained why.

princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts
You guys are totally right about everything that you have been saying. There is no doubt that this game was brought out to most likely attract people like myself that have a soft spot for anything Disney or just kids. If there is any chance that I can find the original Meteos at my local EB than I will gladly pick it up. Plus I'll be saving myself some money 
hamumu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 hamumu
Member since 2005 • 1967 Posts

[QUOTE="princesszelda"]For some reason I never played Meteos. I honestly am looking forward to the game because of the fact that it is Disney related. I know there isn't a difference between the games so this edition should score similarly to the original one. the_leet_kid

Anything other then the lowest difficulty will not allow horizontal movement.

They put that option, and disney characters in so it would appeal to a much wider audience. They toned down the difficulty and made it "cute".
DSfanatic5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 DSfanatic5
Member since 2005 • 936 Posts
Meteos is perhaps my favorite puzzle game of all time.  Personally, I wish that Disney wasn't involved with this sequel at all, but it won't stop me from playing it, if it turns out good.  I haven't heard any feedback on the game yet, but since I love the original, this game is definitely on my radar.  As long as the gameplay feels just as solid, I'm buying it.