Maybe a real Final Fantasy for a Wii is not so far out...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
I don't know if anyone read the news article on this website that FFXIII's exclusivity for the PS3 is in question because of increasing cost of game development, etc.  If the Wii continues to do well in the next few years do you think there is a chance for square-enix to bring a REAL Final Fantasy to the Wii and not just a spin-off (even though I have high hopes for the Crystal Bearers)? Or do you think square will keep the game with systems that have the better specs?
mattyftm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mattyftm
Member since 2005 • 7306 Posts
I doubt we will see a main final fantasy game on the wii, but we may see a sequel, like revanant wings for the DS.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
I would even take a remake of FFIV or something on the Wii. I love when they take old 2D games and modernize them like DS did with FFIII. FFIV was one of my favorites.
Dust24311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Dust24311
Member since 2004 • 1215 Posts
I agree with mattyftm (on a lot of things lately!) I don't see a main FF coming to the Wii. However, part of me is holding out. By this time next year, depending on the analyst, they see between 12 and 15 million Wiis in consumers hands. This would eclipse the PS3 and x360s market share in a 1 year timeline. The biggest FF market would be on the Wii. I hope the Wii doesn't take a backseat. FFXII is selling AMAZINGLY, and is a PS2 game. The Wii can crush the PS2 in graphical capability. Lets go SquareEnix. Wii would like to play!
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Its not so far out if Nintendo can catch up to or past Microsoft, I mean what it all comes down to is where can they make the most money. System capabilities aside, that is the second thing on thier mind, money is first and foremost. While Final Fantasy would be relatively popular on any console, it would probaly take a dip in success on the 360 as people only want to play the next online shooting game on that system. the Wii and PS3 fanbase would be the most receptive market to Final Fantasy so that would be the best places to go, but who knows what they will do.
KaneadaSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KaneadaSoul
Member since 2003 • 85 Posts

I don't think it's entirely out of the question. It's a matter of how many systems sold vs what the system can pull off graphically. I think XIII is most likely not going to be considered, but perhaps a latter or new spin off series. The remakes are also possible since I read somewhere that SE was impressed with the sales of FFIII and found the reception well enough that they are considering similar projects. I think IV and VI are the best cadidates for early series remakes and the WII would be more then powerful enough to make it happen!

Koopaknight29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Koopaknight29
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
That sounds like an possibility. Lately, Nintendo seems to be garnering a whole lot more developer support. I wouldn't mind seeing Final Fantasy come back to Nintendo in force. The Crystal Chronicles sequel is a nice start, now let's see some FF:XIV.
santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 santanablu3
Member since 2007 • 1467 Posts

its kind of weird to say this but i rather see them remake ff7 on the Wii then on any system.but to answer your question.i really don't think that Nintendo would ever get a real final fantasy game for the Wii. 

final fantasy CC for the GC would of been better if it didn't have horrible music and it would've been way better if it would be online.

Sinheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sinheart
Member since 2003 • 1705 Posts
well... a main dragon quest is coming out for DS. I don't see a main final fantasy out of the question. final fantasy was born on the NES and SNES.
l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
I will give the same answer I give to any speculative video game topics. If it came out, I'd play it.
Snakdatsmlzbak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Snakdatsmlzbak
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts

i doubt it 'cause no real control innovation would be involved with a Final Fantasy game that would utilize the Wii's contol layout. I also doubt that it would come to the Wii because most new FF games are trying to go into detail with its graphics and although i love my Wii, i doubt it can live up to the other two. The Wii could have spinoffs and remakes because it iz not coming out with something new or unless a spinoff does use the controller..

ignoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#12 ignoman
Member since 2003 • 992 Posts

I doubt we'll see a main FF on Wii... DEFINENTLY not FFXIII, at the very least.

It would be nice though.  Sadly, it seems Nintendo has been relegated to the spinoff/sequel/remake end of the FF universe, while consoles with the beef (PS3, and potentially 360) will get the real goods.  FF games, ever since the PSX days at least, have been all about making visual marvels with technical flair.  The Wii just simply isn't capable of near the visceral quality the other systems are... right now its struggling to keep up with last gen.  I think developers are reacting to Wii with "this isn't a console we can release our core titles on", which is kindof a shame.

Plus, everyone expects Wii games to use motion-sensing, something very out-of-place in the RPG world.  What RPG makers SHOULD do for Wii is use the "Wii Pointer Technology" (known as IR Triangulation outside N's marketing division) to make menu-driven RPGs into a point-and-click interface.  Done right, I think it could really streamline menu-driven battles.  Imagine a game like FFXII where you point-and-click enemies for attacks, and other buttons call up quick menus to fire off spells and items.  It'd be killer. 

HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
I doubt we'll see a main FF on Wii - though, there is probably a good chance Wii will get DQX.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
Probably...