Masterball on Giratina in Pokemon Platinum?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DVzomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DVzomb
Member since 2008 • 422 Posts

In Pokemon platinum, I have reached Giratina, but I can't seem to catch it when it's on critical hp and paralyzed with ultra balls. I've tried over and over, but nothing will catch it. Should I use the masterball now, or is there someone I should save it for?

Avatar image for freakbabyblues-
freakbabyblues-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freakbabyblues-
Member since 2009 • 665 Posts
I saved it for Dialga. To catch Giratina, I just spammed the A button and somehow the faster I pressed the button, the harder it was for Giratina to get out. 3 ulta balls was all it took.
DirtyDozen520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DirtyDozen520
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

I just stalled and used a lot of hyper potions so i could keep my pokemon alive long enough to make soo many turns go by, that my timer balls caught the lil ****

jvplaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jvplaya
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I used dusk balls. When I tried ultras, they didnt work for me. Dusk balls are good because your in a dark area

Maledizione

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Maledizione
Member since 2008 • 896 Posts

I saved it for Dialga. To catch Giratina, I just spammed the A button and somehow the faster I pressed the button, the harder it was for Giratina to get out. 3 ulta balls was all it took.freakbabyblues-

The A button? I've always held down the B button. Do these things actually make a difference?

Hegna1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Hegna1
Member since 2007 • 6118 Posts
Use Duskballs, they'll have the highest rate (I believe it's comsidered a cave), try starting out with a quick ball (before you do anything), and start using timer balls if the battle goes on for at least 40 turns.
meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

[QUOTE="freakbabyblues-"]I saved it for Dialga. To catch Giratina, I just spammed the A button and somehow the faster I pressed the button, the harder it was for Giratina to get out. 3 ulta balls was all it took.Maledizione

The A button? I've always held down the B button. Do these things actually make a difference?

No.
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
I saved it for Dialga. To catch Giratina, I just spammed the A button and somehow the faster I pressed the button, the harder it was for Giratina to get out. 3 ulta balls was all it took.freakbabyblues-
It doesn't make a difference if you tap the A button fast or not
brandonz15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 brandonz15
Member since 2009 • 219 Posts
use a dusk ball afer giratina they will appear dialga , palkia ,regirock, registeel , regice, regigigas, azelf ,uxie, mesprit,heatran,cresselia,zapdos, moltres, and articuno try to make giratina fall asleep
brandonz15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 brandonz15
Member since 2009 • 219 Posts
i used the master with giratina dialga and palkia are very easy to capture
KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

Dialga's catch rate is much lower than Giratina. I believe Giratina's catch rate is a measly 3. I've never caught Giratina yet, but I'd say the Timer Ball strategy sounds smart. Just keep your Master Ball as your one-in-the-world relic lol.

merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts

u have to put it to sleep with crit health to catch it with ultra ball just like any other legendary, im saving my master ball for arcerus

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

I heard he's terrible to catch. I stopped playing at the first battle in the Distorted World.

I caught Dialga (In Diamond) with two Pokeballs. I didn't paralyze him or anything (Second try. I KO'ed him the first try). :D

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TriniPlayer
If you faint Giratina by mistake,you could always battle him again after you beat the game.
gregjblair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 gregjblair
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

its impossible to know if pressing buttons helps to catch a pokemon but it doesnt hurt......i managed to catch him (lucky me) with a single ultra ball when he had half his HP with no status conditions. I drew circles on the touch screen counter-clockwise so whatever.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TriniPlayer

its impossible to know if pressing buttons helps to catch a pokemon but it doesnt hurt......i managed to catch him (lucky me) with a single ultra ball when he had half his HP with no status conditions. I drew circles on the touch screen counter-clockwise so whatever.

gregjblair
Its not impossible cause the creators themselves said that tapping any button or using the touch screen while trying to capture a pokemon will not change how easy or hard the pokemon will be to capture.As a matter of fact,that goes for all the pokemon series.
PitatheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PitatheGreat
Member since 2006 • 122 Posts

Dusk Ball works best and for some reason a normal poke ball works on dialga and palkia because thats what i used to catch them both. o.o

Try it out.