Mario kart Frustations and online play

This topic is locked from further discussion.

smileyryder34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 smileyryder34
Member since 2003 • 468 Posts

Oh good golly, I'm very irritated.  I was playing Mario kart online last night and had a race against 3 other players.  I finished dead last in the first race, but won the next 3 winning the series.  I decided I wanted to keep playing and 1 guy decided to stay on as well.  We played through them ending in a tie, so we started one more series.  I won the first two races making my total 7-3 against him.  During the third race he decided, I guess that he was done and ran the course backwards giving me an 8th win.  After that race I thought to myself, 'he's going to disconnect', sure enough he did meaning I lost the point I should have gotten for the win. 

This is why I'm really irritated with playing against people online and would much rather play against people I know.  It seems that there are too many "sore losers" who decide that if they can't win, they're just not going to play.  What i don't get is why wouldn't you finish it out if you know you're going to lose?  You get a point for losing either way, be courteous enough to let the person you're playing against get the point they deserve for winning. 

Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Sparky-05
Member since 2006 • 2015 Posts
I hate quiters ... thats why I am in the process of creating a friends list of people ... if I play the same people on a regular basis ... I'll get a fair game ... much better than facing random people ....
OfficialJab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 OfficialJab
Member since 2005 • 3249 Posts
It's a poorly conceived system for sure, dropping out should count as losing, and if its your power running out or you really have to leave? Tough ****, its too abusable.
Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shirley_Temple
Member since 2006 • 5927 Posts

It's a poorly conceived system for sure, dropping out should count as losing, and if its your power running out or you really have to leave? Tough ****, its too abusable.OfficialJab

Agreed, not every race should be a ranked one.  There should have been ways to drop out jump in at any time without penalty.

Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sparky-05

[QUOTE="OfficialJab"]It's a poorly conceived system for sure, dropping out should count as losing, and if its your power running out or you really have to leave? Tough ****, its too abusable.Shirley_Temple

Agreed, not every race should be a ranked one. There should have been ways to drop out jump in at any time without penalty.

ya, you should be able to choose whether you want a ranked game or not ... who cares about quitters in the non-ranked ones ... but for the ranked ones ... quitting or dropping or any form of leaving ... is a loss ... and its just your bad luck if you drop ... it happens ... it wouldn't be the end of the world ...
Djammal86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Djammal86
Member since 2006 • 6088 Posts

[QUOTE="OfficialJab"]It's a poorly conceived system for sure, dropping out should count as losing, and if its your power running out or you really have to leave? Tough ****, its too abusable.Shirley_Temple

Agreed, not every race should be a ranked one. There should have been ways to drop out jump in at any time without penalty.

I feel that you should only put your rep on the line, when you want to rank up.
smileyryder34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 smileyryder34
I don't so much mind every race being ranked, but it's more of a courteous thing.  You don't want people to drop on you when you're winning, don't do it to other people who are losing a point they deserve to get. 
Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sparky-05
I don't so much mind every race being ranked, but it's more of a courteous thing. You don't want people to drop on you when you're winning, don't do it to other people who are losing a point they deserve to get. smileyryder34

exactly ... what goes around comes around ... you start quitting when you lose ... people will do the same to you ... its such a shame that the online is so easily abused in Mario Kart DS ...
wielgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wielgy
Member since 2005 • 309 Posts
Dam snakers.
Israfel856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Israfel856
Member since 2006 • 2483 Posts
That's why I stopped playing it. It was pretty good at the start, but people quit way too much. My only fear if Advance Wars get online is also quitters, laying down a strategy for an hour and them having them quit would be no fun :(.
prophecy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 prophecy15
Member since 2005 • 224 Posts
Snakers have nothing to do with people quitting. Most of the Disconnectors are non-snakers cause they whine when they lose. I dont wanna get flamed or anything for that, but it is the truth.
d_generation69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#12 d_generation69
Member since 2006 • 676 Posts
That's why I stopped playing it. It was pretty good at the start, but people quit way too much. My only fear if Advance Wars get online is also quitters, laying down a strategy for an hour and them having them quit would be no fun :(.Israfel856
Hehe, you plan ahead eh? Good, but I prefer Lightning Striking the opponent quickly so that he won't even notice. Snakers, for your info wielgy, are skilled people who play the game SKILLFULLY. They seldom disconnect. Prophecy, I totally agree with you. I'm a three-star ranked snaker and nearly always paired up with non-snakers. It's because I play regionally and in my country there are little snakers, let alone good.
wielgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wielgy
Member since 2005 • 309 Posts
what i mean is that yeah a lot of people disconnect because of the snakers. im also a snaker but i only use it if other people do. as for the comment "snakers are skilled" yeah they are in snaking but it seems thats the only way they can win. BTW nice name degeneration SUCK IT!
smileyryder34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 smileyryder34
I have a new campaign to mount this week. I'm going to join everyone who hate disconnectors. While I've stated my frustration with them in the past, it just continues to grow. I don't know how other people feel, but they're a billion times worse than I ever thought snakers were. I have yet to finish any of the last 8 or 9 online races I've had because someone gets mad they're losing and they disconnect. This doesn't help their record so what exactly is the point? All you're doing is denying someone who deserves the credit for their performace from being rewarded. You get a loss whether you disconnect or not. Does no one have any common courtesy anymore?
DSfanatic5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 DSfanatic5
Member since 2005 • 936 Posts

Oh good golly, I'm very irritated.  I was playing Mario kart online last night and had a race against 3 other players.  I finished dead last in the first race, but won the next 3 winning the series.  I decided I wanted to keep playing and 1 guy decided to stay on as well.  We played through them ending in a tie, so we started one more series.  I won the first two races making my total 7-3 against him.  During the third race he decided, I guess that he was done and ran the course backwards giving me an 8th win.  After that race I thought to myself, 'he's going to disconnect', sure enough he did meaning I lost the point I should have gotten for the win. 

This is why I'm really irritated with playing against people online and would much rather play against people I know.  It seems that there are too many "sore losers" who decide that if they can't win, they're just not going to play.  What i don't get is why wouldn't you finish it out if you know you're going to lose?  You get a point for losing either way, be courteous enough to let the person you're playing against get the point they deserve for winning. 

smileyryder34

Once again, WELCOME TO ONLINE GAMING!

Personally, I hate online gaming, unless it's against (or co-op) people I know.  Sadly, none of my friends, relatives, or siblings play games, so I don't bother.  I played MK online for a while, but my experience became less fun after each race, until I quit playing altogether.  Online players come in different flavors.  Here's a couple:

The Champion:

This guy has no life, other than to play a certain game to perfection.  He knows all the cheats, glitches, and methods to win, and he isn't going to be beaten easily (or at all if he can help it).  He'd stop playing, but since he's failed at everything else in life, he needs to murder you at a video game to feel complete.

The Sore Loser:

This guy has a life, but he'd also like to try some online gaming for once.  I mean, he's got the DS Lite, he's got a WiFi connection in his house, so why wouldn't he try it out?  After a long frustrating day of work, he comes home, and seeks some entertainment.  After going head to head with "The Champion" time, and time again, he finally reaches a point where he doesn't care.  Pretty soon, the only fun to be had is to race backwards until he feels like dropping the race altogether.

So the real question is, are either of these guys better than the other?

MikelBakaBaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 MikelBakaBaka
Member since 2003 • 1825 Posts
They should give you 5 wins everytime someone disconnects on you.
AzureCuzYeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AzureCuzYeah
Member since 2005 • 257 Posts
This is why you start a new game after all the rounds are over. Never wait around.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts
Yup, it sucks. This probably wouldn't be a problem if you could play against 8 people instead of 4..