Lost Winds GS review.

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
This game is an easy 7.0-7.5.
Itsthetruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 Itsthetruth
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

Well i think gamespot surely is taking a wrong approach to rating WiiWare games. And the reviewer really seems to have played some very exclusive version of Lost Winds because noone else experienced what he didnt like in the game!

So if we rate games without looking at prices this is not ofc a game able to compete with a full-price masterpiece... Thats what it seems they've done here. Even though the game is actually unique and has a great presentation (graphics, sound..), this game makes a lot of full-price games feel shameful so 5.5 is not fair even in this way...

If they consider the quality/price then it would deserve a 8.0+ in my opinion. Great game for it's price and does pretty much everything it can with the size limitation. I dont think we'll see games of the same genre lasting more than this one in 42MB..The only thing it should have is a map.

Yet this should be reviewed as a game from a specific service, that is Virtual Console/Wiiware. I dont think anyone will be asking himself "am i going to get Mario Kart or Lost Winds? No More Heroes or Super Mario 3?". Using this logic they could pretty much give it a 9.0 meaning: go ahead, get it. It's one of the best games you can get from VC/Wiiware. Noone would complain how they give 9.0 to this game and only 8.5 to Mario Kart, right?:shock:

---

Btw, some people refer the length of the game as the only reason for it to cost 10 dollars. Dont think you should say that :P i mean how much would Tetris cost then? It has never-ending replayability so 10dollars/3 hours means Tetris costs 1 million?