List of every WiiU game announced so far (-1); No Black WiiU at launch

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

a

Link

The one game I do see that's missing is a downloadable title who's name I can't exactly remember at the moment. Thoughts on the list so far? Remember, launch window refers to the first 4 months after launch, so all of these games, barring any delays, will be available within that time frame.

As for the shade of the console...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/06/e3_2012_wii_u_to_launch_in_white_black_available_later

"Destructoid reports a booth representative as saying the system will launch in white, with the black option available "someday"."

Slightly disappointing because the black model looks so much better than the white, but all in all it doesn't matter.

Thoughts?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

yea make everyone buy the white one...

then double dip when the black one gets released...its all business.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
There are 4 good titles worth picking up that you can't get anywhere else imo. I wouldn't touch Scribblenauts after the DS games, and I don't know how ZombiU will turn out.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
So, I'm guessing ones labeled "Launch Window" won't release until after the holiday season?
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nintendofreak_2

So, I'm guessing ones labeled "Launch Window" won't release until after the holiday season? meetroid8
They'll presumably be released next year before the end of March. My guess is that Game & Wario will probably be January's game just like Warioware Smooth Moves was in 07 for the Wii. Anything else is beyond me.

SavageKantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SavageKantus
Member since 2011 • 84 Posts
Why don't they release a bunch of different colors?
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nintendofreak_2

Why don't they release a bunch of different colors?SavageKantus
Cost and production time. It costs extra money to make the different colors (not a big factor), and they need to take time to set up the different colors when they physically make the consoles which takes away from how many can be produced for the first couple batches. Keep in mind this includes packaging as well. These are small things, but when you're talking about several millio units of consoles, controllers, and boxes, it adds up to a lot of wasted time and extra money spend just to have extra colors.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
So, I'm guessing ones labeled "Launch Window" won't release until after the holiday season? meetroid8
No, it's more likely to mean that the ones with "Launch Window" are the expected Launch titles, the ones with "Holiday" are the ones expected to release between launch and December 31st.
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
Platinum or Silver would be the best color imo.
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nintendofreak_2

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]So, I'm guessing ones labeled "Launch Window" won't release until after the holiday season? spike6958
No, it's more likely to mean that the ones with "Launch Window" are the expected Launch titles, the ones with "Holiday" are the ones expected to release between launch and December 31st.

I think Holiday is referring to before Xmas and Launch Window is anything after. I really can't see the Wii U launching with only the 4 or 5 games on the list that are labelled as Launch Window.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

[QUOTE="SavageKantus"]Why don't they release a bunch of different colors?nintendofreak_2

Cost and production time. It costs extra money to make the different colors (not a big factor), and they need to take time to set up the different colors when they physically make the consoles which takes away from how many can be produced for the first couple batches. Keep in mind this includes packaging as well. These are small things, but when you're talking about several millio units of consoles, controllers, and boxes, it adds up to a lot of wasted time and extra money spend just to have extra colors.

Yeah, but come on. A lot of people complained because the GameCube launched in Purple only. A lot of people complained because the Wii launched in White only. A lot People complained because the 360 launched as White only. No one complained that the PS3 launched in black only.

Black is the better colour for games consoles because not only is the the only real colour the makes the system not look like a kids toy, but when you look at the standard set ups for most peoples living rooms, there TV's DVD's and BluRays are all black and it looks much nicer to see them all the same. I myself now, looking at my set up and seeing that white Wii next to my black TV, black 360, black PS3, black Blu Ray/DVD player, black Sky TV box and it makes the system look ugly in comparison and very much out of place. If the black Wii is not a launch colour, I may very well hold off on buying one because of that (yeah, it may sound kinda vain, but I don't care, I want my set up to look nice if I'm going to be staring at it for hours on end).

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
When interviewed by IGN, Reggie said that means 3-4 months after the launch. In terms of the list, I want ACIII, NSMBU, and Rayman Legends. Sort of want ZombiU, depending on how it turns out. Might consider ME3 on Wii U if it's cheap.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 meetroid8
[QUOTE="meetroid8"]So, I'm guessing ones labeled "Launch Window" won't release until after the holiday season? spike6958

So Pikmin 3 is a launch title but New Super Mario Bros isn't then? I wonder how long after launch it'll be releasing then.
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nintendofreak_2

Yeah, but come on. A lot of people complained because the GameCube launched in Purple only. A lot of people complained because the Wii launched in White only. A lot People complained because the 360 launched as White only. No one complained that the PS3 launched in black only.

Black is the better colour for games consoles because not only is the the only real colour the makes the system not look like a kids toy, but when you look at the standard set ups for most peoples living rooms, there TV's DVD's and BluRays are all black and it looks much nicer to see them all the same. I myself now, looking at my set up and seeing that white Wii next to my black TV, black 360, black PS3, black Blu Ray/DVD player, black Sky TV box and it makes the system look ugly in comparison and very much out of place. If the black Wii is not a launch colour, I may very well hold off on buying one because of that (yeah, it may sound kinda vain, but I don't care, I want my set up to look nice if I'm going to be staring at it for hours on end).

spike6958

I agree with you there, no doubt. Black is the better color, it matches most electronics, and for this console specifically it looks much better. I really don't see why they continue to choose white over black, especially when they released the 3DS in black and not white (while white arguably looks better for the 3DS...).

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]

[QUOTE="SavageKantus"]Why don't they release a bunch of different colors?spike6958

Why are you staring at your consoles and electronics when you should be watching whatever is on the TV screen?
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Yeah, but come on. A lot of people complained because the GameCube launched in Purple only. spike6958
GameCube was available in purple and black, at launch.
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#17 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9736 Posts

ZombiU is one of the games I'm interested in. Here's some videos about it.

ZombiU 8 minute gameplay (offscreen)

ZombiU 4 minute gameplay walkthrough

ZombiU 4 minute gameplay (offscreen)

ZombiU 15 minute developer demo

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

I dont see Retro Studios game on there :<

StarFox HD we know your out there. You were supposed to be a launch game or was it launch window? I forgot lol.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Gah, I want black. Not just because it looks better but who has a white TV? I like my things to match.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Toxic-Seahorse

I dont see Retro Studios game on there :<

StarFox HD we know your out there. You were supposed to be a launch game or was it launch window? I forgot lol.

Master_Of_Fools
Their game isn't on there because whatever it is hasn't been announced yet.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#21 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaEgOiZBb1wfiF46YZQgl

That list is incomplete. Observe!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbFSTY7ZlY6vPM0jRKkyT

Ghost Recon Online still coming to wii u, June 7th, 2012.

As is Injustice_Gods_Among_Us

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmhSXcd9JTaWqY2fX5chu

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8biETcwG0Wk_8_lpSygj

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
Launch windows is 3-4 months from when the system launches, they could also be released right on launch day though, its unconfirmed. Launch windows really just means near the launch or at launch.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]So, I'm guessing ones labeled "Launch Window" won't release until after the holiday season? Haziqonfire
When interviewed by IGN, Reggie said that means 3-4 months after the launch. In terms of the list, I want ACIII, NSMBU, and Rayman Legends. Sort of want ZombiU, depending on how it turns out. Might consider ME3 on Wii U if it's cheap.

The value of ME is carrying over your saves, seems pointless to me on the Wii U. However if the interface is what I assume, it will be by far the best system for controls. Because it would provide the dual stick movement of consoles, with the mouse on a keyboard for selecting powers.
So Pikmin 3 is a launch title but New Super Mario Bros isn't then? I wonder how long after launch it'll be releasing then.meetroid8
Its the other way around, Mario has been confirmed as a launch title, Pikmin might skip launch, so Mario doesn't kill it. And like I said when people started hyping black, Nintendo has done this before, showing colors and such that don't come out. So it wouldn't surprise me if there is no black SKU.

@Wiifan

Actually I think Injustice would officially be outside the launch window.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

ZombiU is one of the games I'm interested in. Here's some videos about it.

ZombiU 8 minute gameplay (offscreen)

ZombiU 4 minute gameplay walkthrough

ZombiU 4 minute gameplay (offscreen)

ZombiU 15 minute developer demo

GameboyTroy
I had that idea of playing as someone new every time someone dies after watching Saving Private Ryan. I'm really glad to see someone else thought of it and is putting it into the game. My level of excitement has risen from zero.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#25 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

@Wiifan

Actually I think Injustice would officially be outside the launch window.

Sepewrath

Then it's a good thing that I didn't post that they would be within the launch window.

Rayman Legends and Aliens Colonial Marines are scheduled TBA on the list, thus this list includes but is not limited to holiday / launch window. Injustice and Ghost Recon Online should be there. The list is incomplete!

animatedvonkarma160ue0-159bd8.gif

infamous118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 infamous118
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Project P100, Super Mario Bros U and ZombiU are the ones i'll be looking for.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I think I'll wait until the black one is released.

iHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 iHarlequin
Member since 2011 • 1928 Posts

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaEgOiZBb1wfiF46YZQgl

That list is incomplete. Observe!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbFSTY7ZlY6vPM0jRKkyT

Ghost Recon Online still coming to wii u, June 7th, 2012.

As is Injustice_Gods_Among_Us

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmhSXcd9JTaWqY2fX5chu

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8biETcwG0Wk_8_lpSygj

wiifan001

tumblr_lsm557bF6X1qkpnrw.gif

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

Gah, I want black. Not just because it looks better but who has a white TV? I like my things to match.tomarlyn

i ahve a white TV :( it looks great against my beige wall. samsung LA32R71. to be fair though its getting upgraded to a panasonic ST50 this year :D

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Gah, I want black. Not just because it looks better but who has a white TV? I like my things to match.tomarlyn
Nintendo said in one interview that they haven't decided yet if they will launch in black or white. They have been showing both systems off and they have been getting a huge fan response for both colors.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#31 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Mass Effect 3?! Whaaaaaaaaaat?! Man I'm missing a lot from this years E3.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

List looks good enough to me, honestly one of the better launch lineups for my particular tastes (even if some were released on other platforms already)

I would prefer the black version, but honestly if it isn't coming out for a while, then the white will easily suit our needs... Because we wanted a WiiU before they ever showed a black version, and we were happy with that.

Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts
I really wish it was more variety in terms of 1st party games from nintendo....quite a lackluster.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
I really wish it was more variety in terms of 1st party games from nintendo....quite a lackluster.Foxi911
Nintendo is putting out everything from Wii Fit to Ninja Gaiden, so I'm gonna have to disagree with you there.
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nintendofreak_2

I really wish it was more variety in terms of 1st party games from nintendo....quite a lackluster.Foxi911
I'd say they have variety, just nothing that really stands out.

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

Some game's from the list that I'm interested in are:

LEGO City: Undercover
- An Open-world Lego game that parodies stuff like Street Fighter, Mario, Prince of Persia and Grand Theft Auto? Sign me up.

Rayman Legends
- I still need to pick up Origins, but from what I've seen of Legends it already looks like a must buy.

Project P-100
- Looks like a mix of Little King's Story and Viewtiful Joe, its art style is crisp and colorful and it has multiplayer. Yes, please.

Scribblenauts Unlimited
- The first one had its flaws but I still enjoyed it a lot, and this one looks like it's much, much better.

Pikmin 3
- I still need to know more about this, if I like what I play of Pikmin 2 and the story mode of 3 isn't timed I'll probably get it.

Trine 2: Director's Cut
- After playing the original version I thought the gameplay mechanics would be perfect for Wii U.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
- It reminds me of Diddy Kong Racing for N64, but now you're not limited to one type of vehicle per race. It could be a lot of fun, and it would give me something to play until a new Mario Kart is released.

Batman: AC Armored Edition
- I could get it cheaper on a system I already own, but I'm waiting to see what the Wii U features add to the experience.

Nintendo Land
- I'm not sure why they felt the need to take every color of the rainbow and amplify it x10 for the main theme park, but at least the games look pretty fun. The one I want to play the most right now is The Legend of Zelda Battle Quest.

Even though at its core it's just a combo of Wii Sports Resort Archery and Swordplay, a 4-player co-op mini-game set in a Zelda-like world made of cloth sounds cool. I also wonder how they've changed Battle Mii, since I did see a Metroid themed icon on one door.

673043_20120605_screen015.jpg

I've never bought a Nintendo Console at launch and the Wii U isn't going to change that, but I'm glad there's already a nice lineup of games that I find interesting.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Looks like just pikmin 3 and whatever game wario is supposed to be.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Looks like just pikmin 3 and whatever game wario is supposed to be.YoshiYogurt
Game & Wario appears to be a new Warioware title.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 meetroid8

[QUOTE="meetroid8"] So Pikmin 3 is a launch title but New Super Mario Bros isn't then? I wonder how long after launch it'll be releasing then.Sepewrath

Its the other way around, Mario has been confirmed as a launch title, Pikmin might skip launch, so Mario doesn't kill it. And like I said when people started hyping black, Nintendo has done this before, showing colors and such that don't come out. So it wouldn't surprise me if there is no black SKU.

So the ones labeled Holiday will be released at or near launch and ones labeled Launch Window will be released after the holiday season then?

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

this list is pretty wrong compared to what i have read

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

when they say Pikmin 3 is a launch window title, that better mean launch window the way the original Pikmin was on the gamecube. IE about 2 weeks after launch. I've already waited almost 8 years for that glorious glorious game

Avatar image for HeavyMetalKirby
HeavyMetalKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HeavyMetalKirby
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts
Why don't they release a bunch of different colors?SavageKantus
a black AND white option would be nice at launch...
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

ANIMEguy10034

That's what Im doing, Im afraid..pretty dumb showing off black ones then not having it on release.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

superbuuman

That's what Im doing, Im afraid..pretty dumb showing off black ones then not having it on release.

Also pretty dumb buying a console for the color. If the color is your deciding factor, you didn't really want a Wii U in the first place.
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

[QUOTE="superbuuman"]

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

Toxic-Seahorse

Also pretty dumb buying a console for the color. If the color is your deciding factor, you didn't really want a Wii U in the first place.

:lol: whatever floats your boat, do you feel better now?...yea I don't want a Wii U Im just here for the past how many years to troll ..obviously you haven't been here long enough. *idiot*

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="superbuuman"]

superbuuman

:lol: whatever floats your boat, do you feel better now?...yea I don't want a Wii U Im just here for the past how many years to troll ..obviously you haven't been here long enough. *idiot*

How is that funny? Who buys a console for the color? Are you just buying it to look at? It literally makes no sense. Did you know that when you're playing a console, you should be focusing at the screen and not the console itself? And you say I'm an idiot.....

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ANIMEguy10034

Who buys a console for the color?

Toxic-Seahorse

If I was in desperate need of a Wii U, I will buy it in white, but that's not the case right now.

Unless they reveal a must-buy exclusive, I will continue to wait.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

Who buys a console for the color?

ANIMEguy10034

If I was in desperate need of a Wii U, I will buy it in white, but that's not the case right now.

Unless they reveal a must-buy exclusive, I will continue to wait.

Would you buy the console day 1 if it was black? I'm talking about not buying it just due to its color, I can understand if it is due to some other reasons.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ANIMEguy10034

Would you buy the console day 1 if it was black? I'm talking about not buying it just due to its color, I can understand if it is due to some other reasons. Toxic-Seahorse

If the price is right, then yeah. :P

Not buying it because of the color seems logical for me, but only if that color has a good chance of being released in the future. It may be the same device, but the color does matter for some people.

I blame Nintendo for showing their consoles in multiple colors during E3, and only releasing one ot two colors during launch. :x

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]Would you buy the console day 1 if it was black? I'm talking about not buying it just due to its color, I can understand if it is due to some other reasons. ANIMEguy10034

If the price is right, then yeah. :P

Not buying it because of the color seems logical for me, but only if that color has a good chance of being released in the future. It may be the same device, but the color does matter for some people.

I blame Nintendo for showing their consoles in multiple colors during E3, and only releasing one ot two colors during launch. :x

How is it logical? Are you buying it to look at it or to play it?