Kirby's 20th Anniversary question (click here for more)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chrsvic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 chrsvic
Member since 2005 • 148 Posts

To celebrate Kirby's 20th Anniversary, Nintendo is releasing all of Kirby's adventures from the Game Boy to the N64 on one Wii disc. Do any of you plan on getting this collection when it hits store shelves on September 16th, if you plan on getting it, What's your reason for getting the collection?

Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
Yes. I already have it pre-ordered from Amazon. I love the Kirby series (if you couldn't tell from my icon :P). I love the idea of having all the main platforming games in one collection. I've played 3 of the games in the collection already (Dreamland, Adventure, and Super Star), though I am looking forward to replaying them (although Super Star less so, since I have Super Star Ultra), and obviously playing the other games for the first time. And the bonus features are very good as well, especially the CD, which I'm actually just as excited for as the game itself.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I haven't played Kirby since the Nes. I want this though. I also just ordered the limited edition Kirby coin on club Nintendo. It was limited to 1000 and is already selling for 130 on eBay lol
rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts
Already preordered it!
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

"All of the above, except for the last option." :P

I'm a pretty big Kirby fan, and I can say that aside for Squeak Squad (which I'm still looking for at a fair price), I've owned every brand-new Kirby release this gen. It's been a gen that has been extremely kind to the series, and I'm thrilled to say that it's ending with such a collection. It'll also be the first time I get to play the Kirby's Dreamland games, as well as playing Kirby's Adventure and Kirby 64 for the first time in many years.

More than anything, though. I'm looking forward to the new challenge stages that the game will offer. In fact, this excited me so much when I found out about it, I started playing Kirby's Return to Dreamland's Challenge Stages for practice, only to find myself eventually getting a Platinum medal for every challenge. It's that kind of content that makes this game more than a nostalgia trip, which would have been sufficient enough for me, given that half of the collection has been inaccessible to me at this point. The soundtrack, artbook, and other goodies are just icing on the cake.

This will also probably be last Wii game I'll get hyped for, so I'm going to try to really enjoy Kirby's Dream Collection when it's released. I'm just glad the series is getting time in the spotlight these days. :)

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

honestly... i just want the booklet and cd..

id rather get the actual games on the VC because i have adaptors to use the original controllers.

i have it preordered but im not going to open it.... im keeping it sealed.... i still have my mario 25th annversary packagae sealed also.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Where's the option: "I'm still playing Kirby's Epic Yarn"?
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Or the option "Not getting it at all"

Looks like a pretty weak collection, Nintendo has really been mailing them in this gen..

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#9 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
i won't be getting it. The only titles I haven't played through are Dream Land 3 and Super Star, not enough to warrant a $30+ purchase.
aquaglow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 aquaglow
Member since 2011 • 69 Posts

I loved the Kirby Wii games, but I only care about a couple of the older titles so probably not.

KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts

Even tough I own all the games except dreamland 2 I'll be getting this game.

If they ever plan on releasing it in Europe that is..

bluemage1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bluemage1989
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Ill be buying this haven't played a lot of kirby so figure this and epic yarn will be worth a go. Kirby air ride was underrated.