Just Beat Okami... (Possible Spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts

This game is easily in my top 5 games ever. It was just such a fun game to play, it had the best Art Style I have ever seen in a game and a great story. Did you guys enjoy it as much as me?

Also has a sequel been anounced? The Ending defiantly leaves for one

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
The ending was amazing, I found. I really enjoyed it as well. Great game. I'm actually replaying it on the special save after you beat the game.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts

inb4jasonguytellsyouitsbroken :P

Also has a sequel been anounced?

TheColbert

Nope.
And judging by the sales of the first, there won't be a sequel.

Jedifro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Jedifro
Member since 2008 • 121 Posts
Congrats! Okami was an absolute blast and is definitely one of my favorites on the Wii! I played it very little on the PS2, but after a few minutes on the Wii, the brush controls work so much better. A sequel will largely depend on how well the game sold....it did not sell well on the PS2, I am not sure how it did on the Wii. But I am still hopeful.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheColbert

The ending was amazing, I found. I really enjoyed it as well. Great game. I'm actually replaying it on the special save after you beat the game.Dark_Link142

Whats the deal with the special save? Also can u use the new skins on you old files or only the new one(I havn't had time to check it out yet)

Yeah I will replay it some time. Since i just beat it, it will be a while though.

bigcalkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 bigcalkenobi
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts
I don't think they could make a sequel if they wanted to due to the whole clover studios closing down and the rights being seperated. The only reason Okami came to the Wii is because Capacom was the publisher of the first one, therefore allowing them to port it to the Wii.
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts

i cant believe its his sister!

[spoiler] ive actually never played the game, is it worth the buy? or is it a rent thing? [/spoiler]

bigcalkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bigcalkenobi
btw, I have the game, but can't really get sucked into it. I'm at the part wiht the haunted ship. How close am I to the end? Just curious.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

btw, I have the game, but can't really get sucked into it. I'm at the part wiht the haunted ship. How close am I to the end? Just curious.bigcalkenobi

Haunted ship? The one with whatshername riding on your back? You're not very close to the end. Some parts of the game, unfortunately, you have to trudge through. Others make you keep going, especially near the end.

bigcalkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bigcalkenobi

[QUOTE="bigcalkenobi"]btw, I have the game, but can't really get sucked into it. I'm at the part wiht the haunted ship. How close am I to the end? Just curious.Dark_Link142

Haunted ship? The one with whatshername riding on your back? You're not very close to the end. Some parts of the game, unfortunately, you have to trudge through. Others make you keep going, especially near the end.

Yea, I'm at the part with whatsername on my back. This game has been amzing, but I just can't get instantly sucked into it and play it for hours and hours. About once a week or 2 I'll pull it out and play it for an hour, or maybe 2. Its been awesome especially the Wii controls and art style, I for sme reason can't get pulled in enough to finish it quickly.

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
I can't believe this game hasn't sold well. It's like another Legend of Zelda. It should be selling as well as Twilight Princess, if not more.
WiiC_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WiiC_Knight
Member since 2008 • 359 Posts
You are about half way through the game, maybe just a little then a half.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
I juat saw the final credits on gametrailers, they are awesome!
thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts

Yes, Okami is also one of my favourite games. I found it to be such a full and complete adventure.

Ah, good ones like that don't come around too often.

Popadophalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Popadophalis
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
Yea it was my first time playing it on the Wii too and I loved every minute of it. I loved the overworld and how there were so many sidequests and activities to keep you occupied not to mention the interesting leveling system.
Popadophalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Popadophalis
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
[QUOTE="Dark_Link142"]

[QUOTE="bigcalkenobi"]btw, I have the game, but can't really get sucked into it. I'm at the part wiht the haunted ship. How close am I to the end? Just curious.bigcalkenobi

Yea, I'm at the part with whatsername on my back. This game has been amzing, but I just can't get instantly sucked into it and play it for hours and hours. About once a week or 2 I'll pull it out and play it for an hour, or maybe 2. Its been awesome especially the Wii controls and art style, I for sme reason can't get pulled in enough to finish it quickly.

It's just one of those games you have to set aside some serious time to play it. It just ain't as fun if you try playing it in 30 minute blocks.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
I've never played the Wii version, but the PS2 version is one of my favorites.
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts

Yeah it's a great game.

I wonder what happened to jasonguy....:|

yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
there will probably wont be a sequel since it didn't sell so well. it's a shame though.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheColbert

To me it was what Ocarina Of Time did to me when I first played it but on the Wii. It was such an amazing game through and through. All the places you could go to were so colorful and animated. While I am still a big Zelda fan pearsonally I liked this game more than TP. Not that TP was a bad game but now I see why Okami was such a Highly rated game.

Wii need a sequel

Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts
I got it for wii after hearing how great it was. I just cant get into the game though. I'm still in the beginning but i just cant motivate myself to play it.