is this the right time to buy a 3DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jack_240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#1 Jack_240
Member since 2009 • 522 Posts

I have a little more than 500 USD and I'm planning to get two 3DSs, one for me and one for my brother. Is this the right time? I mean, the games I'm waiting for are gonna take a long time to get even a releae date like Persona 3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D, MGS 3D, Resident Evil Mercenaries and Revealation. Right now, I'm only thinking about the system.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

It depends on what software you want.

Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D comes out in June, so it's about two months away.

However, the other games are all listed as To Be Announced(TBA) -- There also won't be shortages of the device until around September/October -- before the holiday season.

If you're buying one now, you're buying it as an investment for future software. However, the launch line up still had some great games like Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, Pilotwings Resort, Nintendogs + Cats, etc.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts
It depends on whether or not the currently available games appeal to you. The launch line-up is in reality much stronger than the lukewarm reviews would seem to indicate, but I also realize that they're not necessarily going to to appeal to everybody the same.
flowers--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 flowers--
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
if you don't have anything to play with i would say yes, but if you have other consoles to play with and have unfinished games then i would say wait another month or two when it comes closer to the release date of res evil. i got the 3ds on launch with ridge racer but have only completed 4% of it, since im trying to finish up on other games on different consoles. however, if i wasn't in that situation then buy it now, its great
martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

No. Theres no netflix, browser, eshop, movies, and the only good game is street fighter.

darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

No it's not unless you want one or more of the launch titles. Nothing that great seems to be out besides maybe Street Fighters so you should probably wait till around June. I know Zelda comes out then and I think Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D is out that month too.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

wait until the e shop launches...

Jack_240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jack_240

It depends on what software you want.

Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D comes out in June, so it's about two months away.

However, the other games are all listed as To Be Announced(TBA) -- There also won't be shortages of the device until around September/October -- before the holiday season.

If you're buying one now, you're buying it as an investment for future software. However, the launch line up still had some great games like Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, Pilotwings Resort, Nintendogs + Cats, etc.

Haziqonfire

thank you, I think I'll get the DS next at the end of the month. There weren't many games at the retail shop that I usually buy my hardwares and softwares from but I saw Samurai Warrior Chronicles which I'm a big fan of the series on the PS2, I'm thinkin about getting that game as a start. Resident Evil Mercenary will kick ass when it launches as the 3DS's first mega hit.

Jack_240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jack_240

if you don't have anything to play with i would say yes, but if you have other consoles to play with and have unfinished games then i would say wait another month or two when it comes closer to the release date of res evil. i got the 3ds on launch with ridge racer but have only completed 4% of it, since im trying to finish up on other games on different consoles. however, if i wasn't in that situation then buy it now, its greatflowers--

I always play one game on a home console and another one on a handheld console but I don't have a handheld game to play, "out of topic" I got the 3rd Birthday on the PSP and it was a bad experience for me and didn't find appealing games there so I decided to buy the 3DS since RE mercenary is coming out sooner than I aniticpated

pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

To put it simply: No.

To elaborate upon this: Hell no.

boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts

pills4louis

I normally hate responses like this...but sadly...I have to agree. The launch lineup is sad. Its full of ports , old ports, and shallow games. The 3D is gimmicky in my opinion and wears off quickly. I spent $350-400 and have about 2-3 hours of playtime max. Trust me,I WANT to enjoy it. Its just not happening. If I could get my money back I would.

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

Even though they don't have great line up i prefer buying the 3ds now so when the good games do come out i'll have money for games. because to be honest spending 250 plus 40 bucks a game adds up and i've got bills to pay. so i plan on buying 3ds at the end of this week and then saving up money for 3ds games i want in the future.

and the eshop will be avaibale in may which is only a few weeks away.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
take a look at what's coming out soon and is out now. if you don't like what you see, and aren't cool with simply investing in the tech itself right now, than no
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts

[QUOTE="pills4louis"]

boostud

I normally hate responses like this...but sadly...I have to agree. The launch lineup is sad. Its full of ports , old ports, and shallow games. The 3D is gimmicky in my opinion and wears off quickly. I spent $350-400 and have about 2-3 hours of playtime max. Trust me,I WANT to enjoy it. Its just not happening. If I could get my money back I would.

Yeah, I feel so ripped off from Pilot Wings: Resort. It's the exact same thing as the Wii Sports: Resort airplane game. And SSFIV doesn't feel like $40 either. Maybe it's because i've never been into fighters since all you do it fight match after match. They're repetitive and I don't know why i've bought so many Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur games.

Spade_Crisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Spade_Crisis
Member since 2007 • 809 Posts

I'd wait around until some of the other titles come out. I heard from a friend that the AR games will only be fun for 10 minutes, and then you probably never play it again. :P

Jack_240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jack_240

[QUOTE="boostud"]

[QUOTE="pills4louis"]

riariases

Yeah, I feel so ripped off from Pilot Wings: Resort. It's the exact same thing as the Wii Sports: Resort airplane game. And SSFIV doesn't feel like $40 either. Maybe it's because i've never been into fighters since all you do it fight match after match. They're repetitive and I don't know why i've bought so many Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur games.

sadly, the line ups were horrible and only Street Fighter stacks up there. But it's really hard to pay for a system then adds 40$ and more for the games at once. Guess, I should get the 3DS for future investments