is there a gun accessory available to hold the wiimote?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Benzie500E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Benzie500E
Member since 2003 • 1441 Posts

Hey all,

I've seen articles about a rumor of a gun accessory which holds the wiimote and nunchuck so that its like holding a gun but you still have full control. Does anyone know if these are available yet? I'm very interested in this for RE4, it would be amazing.

- George

stranger12343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 stranger12343
Member since 2005 • 60 Posts
Its called the wii blaster. Check on gamestop.com
gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gromit007
Member since 2006 • 3024 Posts

Nothing that was ever official. Nintendo had the 'Zapper' on display at E3 last year, but we've seen nothing since. There was a picture of an unamed third party product a little while ago though. Keep in mind that a gun-style controller would make RE4 nearly unplayable. You need access to quite a few buttons on the Wiimote and Nunchuk to play the game. So theoretically, you would need about 5 triggers on the gun controler to make it work.

It would be OK for RE:UC, but whats the point?

mikebernat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mikebernat
Member since 2006 • 61 Posts
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=802669 looks pretty official to me
smeghead83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 smeghead83
Member since 2007 • 1645 Posts

Nothing that was ever official. Nintendo had the 'Zapper' on display at E3 last year, but we've seen nothing since. There was a picture of an unamed third party product a little while ago though. Keep in mind that a gun-style controller would make RE4 nearly unplayable. You need access to quite a few buttons on the Wiimote and Nunchuk to play the game. So theoretically, you would need about 5 triggers on the gun controler to make it work.

It would be OK for RE:UC, but whats the point?

gromit007

yep...probley work on CoD3 as well...i think?

Lgndryhr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lgndryhr
Member since 2005 • 1084 Posts

Nintendo's offical "Zapper" has not been seen or heard since one of their visits to a gaming event/convention last year. A rep did have this to say. Go there for some info as to why we haven't seen one yet.

Here is the third-party blaster that is being released and spoken of many times here on the forums. Is it any good? We don't know yet. I am interested in it but will wait to see if Nintendo will release their's.

Also, Sega hints at maybe a shell for Ghost Squad. click here for info on that.

Here are few other third-party gun shells for the wii......here and here.