Is The Wii Worth Getting?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
I have wanted to get a Wii but I just haven't seen enough good games out and coming out for it yet besides Zelda. I like RPG's but there arn't enough for the Wii coming out. Also can you play the Pokemon games on your Wii? Or is it only on the DS?
wiiwillstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wiiwillstand
Member since 2007 • 2781 Posts
hey man, I'll tell you one thing. The Wii is definitly worth getting. If you doubt it, then maybe you shouldn't, but it IS worth getting.
andyfarrow000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 andyfarrow000
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts
the wii is definely worth getting lots of good games coing out later in the year also there will be a pokemon game on wii called pokemon battle revolution you be able to battle online with anyone in the world.
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
Yeah but are they're any really high anticipated games besides Resident Evil coming out soon. And I mean can you play diamond and Pearl on the Wii or is it only for the DS?
Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts

Right, Final fantasy crystal cronicles, super paper mario, Fire emblem: Goddess of dawn, sword of legendia, Dragon quest: swords and as yet unamed RPG's from Koei, Konami and From Software. Enough for starters? Remember RPG's take quite awhile to develop but they are coming.

lilaviel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lilaviel
Member since 2005 • 44 Posts
Yeah but are they're any really high anticipated games besides Resident Evil coming out soon. And I mean can you play diamond and Pearl on the Wii or is it only for the DS?xTheExploited
There's a whole stack of games like that.. Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl.. there's a long list. You can't play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl on the Wii, but with Battle Revolution (for wii, releases next month) you can import your pearl/diamond pokemon and battle with them.And what kinda question is that.. is the Wii worth buying? >.>  Seriously.
omega_link2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 omega_link2
Member since 2006 • 357 Posts
super mario strikers comes out next month...
Battlestar3DVD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Battlestar3DVD
Member since 2004 • 237 Posts
I'd recommend it. In fact I hope to get mine in the next day or so (had a influx of cash so I can get before Friday now) I'll have no problem as there is one location around here that always has them :)
PhantomKills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 PhantomKills
Member since 2004 • 91 Posts
I think it depends on the way your gonna use it, so far i dont think the Wii has that many games with deep stories, all i can think of is Zelda, and Call of duty2,which are meant to be played with 1 player, right now with the games being released, its more of a group entertainment, most of the games are ment to be played with 2 or more ppl to fully enjoy the games, i mean who wants to play mario party by themself? so if you think its just gonna be you playing, you dont have much else other than zelda and cod2, but if your gonna have a group of ppl playing then its a total blash, and youll enjoy it alot more.
edd678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 edd678
Member since 2006 • 3660 Posts
Why the hell are you asking this on a Wii forum ! ? your blatiently going to get just one answer, YES
justin4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 justin4444
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts

Its definitely worth getting if you are a NINTENDO gamer ever since. 

Like me I like Nintendo games and I will get my wii soon.

I think you can use your DS with pokemon diamond/pearl in POkemon Revolution.

Army_Veteran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Army_Veteran
Member since 2006 • 1201 Posts
Well I mainly bought the Wii for the VC. I bought mine yesterday and enjoyed playing a couple of old games that I used to as a kid. I know that it would have been cheaper to play them as emulator, but there might be that one game that I would love to play and that is why I picked up the Wii to. I have the 360 for HD gaming and Wii for old school gaming.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

The Wii is great!  The only games I have are Twilight Princess, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, and Super Paper Mario, but these games are really good, as well as Wii sports, which comes with the Wii.  Then of course there's going to be Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, mario galaxy, and Fire Emblem coming out sometime, which I just know I will love!  The VC is pretty cool if you never had the opportunity to play any games from the NES or SNES or N64, or just feel like playing games you've already played on the Wii, just for the hell of it.  Then the Mii channel is awesome, being able to create whoever or whatever you want, I mean, can the 360 or PS3 allow you to create Jesus?  I do not think so!

So yeah, I'd get a Wi.

fluffers623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 fluffers623
Member since 2007 • 1769 Posts
the motion sensing controls is one of the reasons you should get it