is anyone bored with their DS?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alex_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Alex_14
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts

I used to love my DS, and still do but haven't touched it in months - mayby there justĀ arent any good games out there. any one else bored?

MavsFan2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MavsFan2007
Member since 2006 • 1697 Posts
wait till PKM. I am getting a little bored, but i play PKM LG sometimes.
Cable777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cable777
Member since 2007 • 184 Posts
is it boring cuz i was fixin to get it
-Murdock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 -Murdock-
Member since 2006 • 2767 Posts

I used to love my DS, and still do but haven't touched it in months - mayby there just arent any good games out there. any one else bored?

Alex_14
MIldly, not much to get too excited about with the exception of perhaps Ninja Gaiden. There doesn't seem to be many 'mature' games coming out. Someone feel free to correct me.
jts31689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jts31689
Member since 2006 • 1206 Posts
The only one I know of is Resident Evil: Deadly Silence, which actually was a good game. It doesn't matter if its rated E, T or M as long as the games are good. What the DS needs are better games that use Wi-Fi more. There should be more ports like Super MArio 64 and Goldeneye, they weren't that bad at all.
StillB0RED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StillB0RED
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts
I'm slightly bored since I haven't gotten any new games for a month. I'm waiting for Pokemon Diamond.
Avatar image for Denjin_hadouken
Denjin_hadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Denjin_hadouken
Member since 2007 • 5927 Posts
No. I just got Custom Robo and its so addictive..i cant stop playing..
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
i was, before i bought custom robo a few days ago. the last game i gotĀ  before thatwas castelvaniaPOR in DECĀ which had little replay value and in like AUG brainage which isĀ  one of the worstĀ  games i've bought.
Ray_Out

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Ray_Out
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts
I was two days ago, but then i have Lunar Knights.
Avatar image for PlayPlayStation
PlayPlayStation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PlayPlayStation
Member since 2004 • 5205 Posts

DS is the best thing right now since the transition into the next gen is slow and all the old systems are dying out.

Just buy some awesome imports....wifi is so addictive.

Next on my list is Pokemon.

Then I'll wait for Zelda and FFXII:RW.

soulsdeparting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 soulsdeparting
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts
i ambored a bit, but bc im spending all my money onps2 and wii games. but im saving up for hotel dusk, pheonix wright, and pokemon, so those should keep me busy for a while once i get them
A7Xfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#12 A7Xfan
Member since 2004 • 3962 Posts
Well there's tons of great stuff. For me at least, once I have a remotely hard time finding something great for DS I have no problem finding something solid on GBA. This is as deep a library of games as you'll find on any console. It might just earn my honor of favorite console ever. I got a PSP mid last month (because I only play handhelds) and that's pretty great too, but not nearly DS quality.)
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
I just got Custom Robo and Hotel Dusk so nope. Before that I wa playing Lunar Knights. :D
Andy_Mizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Andy_Mizzle
Member since 2006 • 159 Posts

I was getting a little bored with mine but I still played NSMB on and off for the past few months. I have recently began putting my energy into it due to the releases of Pokemon and Custom robo arena.

slgnbenchwarmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 slgnbenchwarmr
Member since 2007 • 615 Posts

Yeah, a little bit. I'm busy with my Wii, no silly pun intended.

Ā 

I was extremely disappointed with Hotel Dusk. It says that I need to place the equipment back in the closet because I get a game over if I'm caught with them, but I've tried everything and it won't let me put it back!

Ā 

One of many things in the game you can only solve with a FAQ. It turned me off the DS a little bit.Ā 

-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts
Not really, I just need more games, havent had the money to get the games I want yet. Hopefully this friday ill be able to pick up a few.
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -supercharged-

I just got Custom Robo and Hotel Dusk so nope. Before that I wa playing Lunar Knights. :DKaze_no_Mirai

I am thinking about buying that game, How many hours of gameplay did you get out of it?Ā 

gander448

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gander448
Member since 2005 • 810 Posts
the ds line up of 07 is def lacking as opposed to 05 and 06. I haven't gotten a game since jump ultimate stars and the wifi on the game was a real let down (the online people are really cheap and totally take away from the fun of the game) don't really know whats coming though, other than pokemon
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -supercharged-

the ds line up of 07 is def lacking as opposed to 05 and 06. I haven't gotten a game since jump ultimate stars and the wifi on the game was a real let down (the online people are really cheap and totally take away from the fun of the game) don't really know whats coming though, other than pokemongander448

Most WIFI games that I have played has been disappointing. Tetris is the only one I can seem to get into a match quickly.Ā 

thisisjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#20 thisisjosh
Member since 2005 • 2845 Posts

whatever

aMyLoO2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 aMyLoO2007
Member since 2003 • 2807 Posts
I'm not cause I picked up a copy of FFVI (GBA) for it today and it's amazing...a heckuva lot better than 3 for the actual DS.
atomD21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 atomD21
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts
[QUOTE="Alex_14"]

I used to love my DS, and still do but haven't touched it in months - mayby there just arent any good games out there. any one else bored?

-Murdock-

MIldly, not much to get too excited about with the exception of perhaps Ninja Gaiden. There doesn't seem to be many 'mature' games coming out. Someone feel free to correct me.

Define "mature."Ā  If you mean mindless violence and gore just to get an M rating, I challenge the definition of mature.Ā  However, if you mean games that are tailored specifically to the 18-34 male demographic, you're going to have a little bit of trouble.Ā  There are a few games, but Nintendo is trying to broaden their horizons a bit and get as many people to get into gaming as possible, and not everyone likes shooters and RPGs and the slightly more typical gamer fare.Ā  The DS has a great library of games (with some absolute crap thrown in there...) but they are all over the spectrum.Ā 

KiLLer_ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KiLLer_ba
Member since 2002 • 5759 Posts
Heck no!Ā I play with my Ds everyday. There are so many great titles on the DS, IĀ don't know why you're so bored with it.
dth_dlr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dth_dlr
Member since 2006 • 7517 Posts
nope, im playing portrait of ruin at the moment
korn62586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 korn62586
Member since 2007 • 242 Posts
no
StarkJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 StarkJJ
Member since 2004 • 534 Posts
[QUOTE="Alex_14"]

-Murdock-

Ā 

Yeah, Ninja Gaiden looks sweet, so does DS Air. There is also that other flying game for the DS that looks awesome. Can't remember the name though....they're both online though!! Can't wait for the dogfighting...not bored with my DS yet.

Edge257

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Edge257
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
definetely not, playing castlevania:por atm and in a few weeks its pokemon time!
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
I'm bored with the DS, and that's why I play my PSP, with Killzone and Tekken
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
Also, the DS, just can't handle shooting games
Millencolin543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Millencolin543
Member since 2004 • 177 Posts
Elite Beat Agents, Puzzle Quest DS and most importantly Hotel Dusk...thats more than enough to put life back into your DS.
Mox007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mox007
Member since 2003 • 84 Posts

If you are bored with your DS you might give Puzzle Quest a try. Myself and alot of others have found it to be quite an addictive game. It was the number one selling DS game for the end of March and is getting good reviews from most major gaming media. You can get the PC demo from Gamedaily:

Ā http://www.gamedaily.com/canvases/gd/_a/download-puzzle-quest-demo/20070315101009990002

knox-fan95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 knox-fan95
Member since 2007 • 485 Posts
how can you be bored with your ds
meesey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 meesey01
Member since 2006 • 2543 Posts
I just bought my copy of Pokemon Diamond off ebay and it should be here within the week! It's the US version so I'll be able to understand it, I'm stoked! I'll be getting the US version before most people in the US. I bought it from a guy that is a game retailer in Australia, he must've somehow ordered them from Nintendo America. Or got them off someone who ordered them from Nintendo America, either way I can't wait! That game should keep me entertained for a while, then I can get Zelda: PH, maybe Diddy Kong Racing. Before these games I was bored with my DS, but I had my Wii backing it up!
Avatar image for ShiningDragon45
ShiningDragon45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ShiningDragon45
Member since 2007 • 222 Posts

Yeah actually I pretty much am bored. But only because I haven't gotten any new games for my DS since Final Fantasy 3, which I've beaten, done all the side quests and beat all the side bosses.Ā  I'm waiting for Diamond and Pearl to come out, then I won't be so bored lol.

fudg__er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fudg__er
Member since 2007 • 1185 Posts

I just bought my copy of Pokemon Diamond off ebay and it should be here within the week! It's the US version so I'll be able to understand it, I'm stoked! I'll be getting the US version before most people in the US. I bought it from a guy that is a game retailer in Australia, he must've somehow ordered them from Nintendo America. Or got them off someone who ordered them from Nintendo America, either way I can't wait! That game should keep me entertained for a while, then I can get Zelda: PH, maybe Diddy Kong Racing. Before these games I was bored with my DS, but I had my Wii backing it up!meesey01

you either got ripped or he stole it, neither of wich is good.

glitch-x911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 glitch-x911
Member since 2006 • 2988 Posts

Alex_14
I am.
GuitarPAaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 GuitarPAaron
Member since 2006 • 1368 Posts
heyre coming out with a couple of new good games.Ā  Theres gonna be some other zombie shooting game coming out soon that looks kinda neat, and theres gonna be brothers in arms for the ds.Ā  And Death Jr.Ā  Those will be good at least.
NHLMightyDucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NHLMightyDucks
Member since 2004 • 288 Posts
what do you mean shooters can't be on the DS. Have we forgot Metroid Prime hunters?
Avatar image for weaverm12345678
weaverm12345678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 weaverm12345678
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
i like my ds and always will. ru guys who hate it spoilt or somet if not get a psp. my bruvs got one and its ace!!
Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts

No.I am not bored with my DS.DS have many good games.I was bored with the PSP, but not with the DS.:roll:

DS is the King.8)

xL-phrutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 xL-phrutz
Member since 2006 • 416 Posts
been bored, and too lazy to beat my games...concentrating on my Wii!!
roan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 roan23
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts
mod your ds, and you'll never get bored with it.
TooStoned420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TooStoned420
Member since 2005 • 463 Posts
mod your ds, and you'll never get bored with it.roan23
how?
cecilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cecilio
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Why bored? great games out there unless you have played them all, I doubt it!, have you playedĀ yoshi's island?
mute4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mute4
Member since 2005 • 226 Posts
I am a bit, but I still play mkds almost every day, but Im alredy tired of all the crappy games that are coming out, except for Zelda of course...
-Murdock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -Murdock-
Member since 2006 • 2767 Posts
[QUOTE="-Murdock-"]

MIldly, not much to get too excited about with the exception of perhaps Ninja Gaiden. There doesn't seem to be many 'mature' games coming out. Someone feel free to correct me.atomD21

Define "mature." If you mean mindless violence and gore just to get an M rating, I challenge the definition of mature. However, if you mean games that are tailored specifically to the 18-34 male demographic, you're going to have a little bit of trouble. There are a few games, but Nintendo is trying to broaden their horizons a bit and get as many people to get into gaming as possible, and not everyone likes shooters and RPGs and the slightly more typical gamer fare. The DS has a great library of games (with some absolute crap thrown in there...) but they are all over the spectrum.

Violence is not always mindless nor does it have anything to do with maturity in a game.

When I use the word mature I am speaking of the older male age bracket. I have enjoyed my Hotel Dusk, my Phoenix Wright, Casltevania and so on, but even these games still feel a little...juvenile. I love what Nintendo has done in its attempt to reach out to as many markets as possible, but they're still coming off a little too soft for my taste right now

darkshadow64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 darkshadow64
Member since 2004 • 6744 Posts
I was bored with my DS. Then I played Phoenix Wright which is amazing. Lunar Knights which is amazing. Bleach 2nd which is amazing. Elite Beat Agents which is amazing. Those are a few games which'll hold you till Pokemon D&P come out. (19 days left)
Alex_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Alex_14
huh-well, im looking foward to pokemon, hope that'll be good
Alex_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Alex_14
Why bored? great games out there unless you have played them all, I doubt it!, have you playedĀ yoshi's island? cecilio
ya, i beat it - really good
Andy_Mizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Andy_Mizzle
Member since 2006 • 159 Posts
To be honest I was beginning to get bored with mine too thenĀ I bought Elite Beat Agents and Custom Robo Arena and I haven't put it down. I expected EBA to be fun but I wasn't sure what to expect from Custom Robo Arena, turns out that its one of my favorite games thus far on the DS.