I think my DS Lite's battery may not be holding a charge as well as it should

This topic is locked from further discussion.

snakeofsolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 snakeofsolid
Member since 2005 • 2140 Posts
i fully charged my battery on friday, and i use the 2nd highest brightness level, i played phoneix wright for about 3 hrs i believe, and then i played in very small and frequent bursts of about a min 2 each( opening and closing the DS, not turning it off)due to the fact i was waiting while i was dead in gears of war.and i played for another hour today and it hit red just now, i know the highest brightness level will give you about 5-7 hrs worth of game time, and i think it should be at least 8-10 for the 2nd largest? so im wondering if my batt is just dying cuz im sure i ddint play for more than 5 hrs total before i hit red on 2nd brightness level, or maybe it drained because i closed and opened it alot? Just wondering if i should call nintendo about this, ive had my lite since oct 06.
FYI i was playing the first phoenix wright.
rhymefest11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 rhymefest11
Member since 2006 • 355 Posts
After 500 charges the ds lites battery cant hold a charge as long as it used to.
snakeofsolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 snakeofsolid
Member since 2005 • 2140 Posts
yea i knew that, ive charged it about 10 times.
EmeraldaXP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EmeraldaXP
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I don't think its a good idea to put your ds on standby that frequently for ever 2 minutes. Maybe if you tried to play it until the system shuts itself off and recharge it to full and see if that helpps.
worubouk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 worubouk
Member since 2006 • 105 Posts
WOW! you get seven hours geez mines like 2 month old and it dies in like 5 hours!
Younggun135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Younggun135
Member since 2006 • 1853 Posts
The ds battery runs out?
mrlinno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mrlinno
Member since 2004 • 608 Posts
The ds battery runs out?Younggun135
all lithium batteries slowly die depending on the number of cycles it goes through. the ds lite has a lithium battery.
leafs_ducks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8 leafs_ducks
Member since 2005 • 2881 Posts

i ust the lowest brightness and my battery dies out in about 5 hours.. like wth..

RESISTEE926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 RESISTEE926
Member since 2005 • 1090 Posts

i ust the lowest brightness and my battery dies out in about 5 hours.. like wth..

leafs_ducks
u use spoink's avatar!...
jin1suk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jin1suk
Member since 2005 • 155 Posts

it depends on alot of things...volume is also an important factor...speaker drains alot of battery (I use headphone and it lasts much longer), and the higher it is, the faster it drains.  It also depends on the game too...I believe the touch screen drains more battery too...if you play a GBA game...it lasts longer...also, if you overcharge the battery...the battery dies faster...plug the AC adapter out as soon as it's done charging...

leafs_ducks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#11 leafs_ducks
Member since 2005 • 2881 Posts
[QUOTE="leafs_ducks"]

RESISTEE926

eh? what? who? i'm confuse.

awperk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 awperk12
Member since 2006 • 117 Posts
I've had mine since oct 06 and it has always lasted a bare minimum of 10 hours every charge before it goes red, which it usually can be red for an hour before it shuts off (it's not good for your battery to do that all the time). I don't usually use volume and my brightness is only on the level 2. To take care of your battery don't let it run out. Keep it charged up when you aren't using it. Also, once every other month or so just discharge your battery entirely and then charge it fully again.
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts
[QUOTE="RESISTEE926"][QUOTE="leafs_ducks"]

leafs_ducks

eh? what? who? i'm confuse.

yeah, for a second I thought he had returned.

axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 axes03
Member since 2005 • 4454 Posts
they shouldve added like a good meter like the psp that tells u how much u have left in %.
Eragont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Eragont
Member since 2006 • 1933 Posts
they shouldve added like good meter, like the psp that tells u how much u have left in %. axes03
yeah i wanted that too
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts
If it bothers you that much go to Best Buy and pick up a new battery.
DSfanatic5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 DSfanatic5
Member since 2005 • 936 Posts

When you first bought your DS Lite, did you let it charge fully before playing?  If you started playing on the factory charge before your first official charge, you may have messed up the battery's memory.  Also, if you make a habit of charging your DS before the red light turns on, you might be altering the lithium battery's memory.  At full brightness and medium volume, I get about 7 hours of battery life.

Strangley though, it seems that lately my DS Lite flashed the "red" indicator prematurely.  Almost every time I go to charge mine, it seems like I should've had more game time before charging again.  I must confess though, when I look at the clock ,and really analyze my playing time, it really is time for a nother recharge.