I think I want to get a Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kayrod29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Kayrod29
Member since 2005 • 5301 Posts
Hmm .. I like shooting games alot and alot with blood, like Gears of War are my favorite :D. I've been looking at the Wii, it looks cool and it has different games from what I play on Xbox 360so I think I might get one. Now if I can just find one ....
9CHS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 9CHS
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts

i heard that they are starting to become more available

if you like shooting gamesresi 4 wii edition is out in june and metroid prime 3 is out in august in america

i also advise getting zelda:twilight princess even though its not a shooter one of the best games ever

whitefirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 whitefirex
Member since 2006 • 839 Posts
yeah, you should be able to get one soon since more are coming out... but it's good that you have a 360 because just having the wii right now will make you want another system.. like me I'm getting a ps3 soon, I already have a wii ^^
soulsdeparting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 soulsdeparting
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts

there arent gonna be any FPS for a while, but resident evil umbrella chronicles is a promising on-rails title

clarkeyboy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 clarkeyboy21
Member since 2006 • 702 Posts

Yes, I would highly reccomend it it's great fun and new releases make it even more irresistable :P good luck to find one not that hard in UK :P

harleyrulesall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 harleyrulesall
Member since 2005 • 1617 Posts
Wii players have all the fun!
Rosencrantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rosencrantz
Member since 2003 • 8148 Posts

So your concern isn't about how fun factor, how well a game controls, or anythign like that make a great game...you just want to shoot something and see lots of blood?

Dude, seriously, I think you need to grow up a little.

Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts

So your concern isn't about how fun factor, how well a game controls, or anythign like that make a great game...you just want to shoot something and see lots of blood?

Rosencrantz

That was uncalled for.

hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 hama666
Member since 2004 • 3061 Posts

Ive got all 3 consoles and to be honest the Wii isnt really worth it at all.

Its a great laugh to have friends over, but the fact is judging by your taste in games, like me you would get very bored of the console and you wont find it fun at all playing single player games on your own.

Get yourself a PS3 instead.

Mop_it_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mop_it_up
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
My sister wants me to get one. I might just...
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

Its a great laugh to have friends over, but the fact is judging by your taste in games, like me you would get very bored of the console and you wont find it fun at all playing single player games on your own.

hama666

Why, when he can play most of the same kind of games on the Xbox 360? Some people like change. I love the Xbox 360, it's a great console, the Wiimakes an excellent companion. Why buy a $600 console with no good games on it yet when you can get a $250 console with some of the most innovative titles released in the past few years? The PS3 is not worth it, period.

Let the mods commence locking....

effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 effthat
Member since 2007 • 2314 Posts

The Wii is a good system for sure! Anyone that thinks it's only for kids needs to have a go at The Godfather. It really shines with a group, but I've enjoyed the single player experience just as much if not more.

If you want gore and blood and various different degrees of destruction, maybe you should wait a bit (or get MK:Armageddon), but I'll suggest the Wii to anyone based on various different aspects. I know you don't want to hear those reasons though so as much as I love being pigeon holed as a fanboy, I'll pass.

tancred8120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 tancred8120
Member since 2007 • 7937 Posts

i heard that they are starting to become more available

if you like shooting gamesresi 4 wii edition is out in june and metroid prime 3 is out in august in america

i also advise getting zelda:twilight princess even though its not a shooter one of the best games ever

9CHS
burgessjacob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 burgessjacob
Member since 2005 • 280 Posts

Rosencrantz

when did he ever say his concern wasnt about the fun factor and primarily just about seeing blood.

hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hama666
[QUOTE="hama666"]

ozzsoad

Why, when he can play most of the same kind of games on the Xbox 360? Some people like change. I love the Xbox 360, it's a great console, the Wiimakes an excellent companion. Why buy a $600 console with no good games on it yet when you can get a $250 console with some of the most innovative titles released in the past few years? The PS3 is not worth it, period.

Lets not flatter ourselves, a Wii is a fun console around friends, but its hardly next gen is it?

He said himself he liked action/shooter games. And if he wants to play all the best upcoming games of that genre then a 360/PS3 combo will suit him well. I dont see how the wii will contribute to that.

And to be honest $250 is in my opinion too much for something I dont regard a next gen console.

harleyrulesall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 harleyrulesall
Member since 2005 • 1617 Posts

hama666
That's what she said
hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hama666
[QUOTE="hama666"]

harleyrulesall

That's what she said

Attempt at joke?

Harveyz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Harveyz01
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

OK

Wii Shooting games suck imo

Call of Duty and Medal Of Hounor are the ones ive played and both where huge let downs.

If u have a 360 u will spend alot of money all together.

I have Wii and 360 and im spending so much for games, live, and the god damned wii accesories.

I recommend Zelda of course and Mortal Kombat

ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
[QUOTE="ozzsoad"][QUOTE="hama666"]

hama666

Lets not flatter ourselves, a Wii is a fun console around friends, but its hardly next gen is it?

He said himself he liked action/shooter games. And if he wants to play all the best upcoming games of that genre then a 360/PS3 combo will suit him well. I dont see how the wii will contribute to that.

And to be honest $250 is in my opinion too much for something I dont regard a next gen console.

Now tell me, what would the PS3 bring him that he can't already get on the Xbox 360? Why should he shell out any money on a console that offers nothing new to him?

What do you consider Next Gen? I know you'll say graphics, but lets think about this. What happens when, in fifteen or so years from now, console can't look any better. Are the consoles that come after that not considered to be Next Gen since they can't possibly look any better? Where do they go from there you think? Maybe they'll think about gameplay and how to add to the experience. They'll think of new ways to play. But those consoles can't be considered Next Gen since they don't look any better right?

Nintendo knows this will happen, and they're getting a head start on it by focusing on new ways to play games, not how to make them look better than the competition. They've thought ahead. They've already changed the way we'll be playing in the future. But no, it's not a Next Gen console.

fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#20 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
Judging from your 360 gamertag thing we have similar tastes in 360 games. In other words, mostly shooters and action games, with a few "extreme sports" games too.I recieved a Wii as a gift for Christmas, and so far i haven't bought a single shooter for it (unless the Godfather counts, but i consider that to be an action game.) So basically, the Wii is quite different from the 360, but in a good way. The controls are better in a lot of cases and it makes certain games (like golf games) a lot more interesting than they could be on the 360. So by all means, if you can find a Wii get one.
ArkansasBoy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#21 ArkansasBoy91
Member since 2006 • 2430 Posts
why askus?? or tell us?? just go get one...
FFXIsAstyanax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FFXIsAstyanax
Member since 2003 • 974 Posts

hama666

Actually, the Wii is a next generation system - no matter what your opinion may be.

To be quite frank, I can't see anything justifying the cost of the PS3. There aren't enough great series on the PS3, and anyone that's backing Blu-Ray should read up on BetaMax (and quite possibly soon UMD).

The 360 carries a better price and a decent number of good games. Unfortunately, I haven't seen much of any variation with exclusives in their FPS-centered game library (with the exception of Viva Piñata) and there are only so many FPSs a person can play without getting bored.

I'm not saying I wouldn't play these systems if they were given to me for free. But there are much better things I could spend my money on than these two systems.

The Wii has already shown potential for FPSs with titles like Red Steel and Far Cry. When developers begin to put more effort into their games, I think a great deal of people will be impressed. The controls for these games are decent, and just need a little more polish to work the next time around (i.e. quick turns). And now that controls have been figured out, sequels will be able to focus on more efficient coding and efforts to improve the look and AI of these games.
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
[QUOTE="hama666"]

FFXIsAstyanax

Actually, the Wii is a next generation system - no matter what your opinion may be.

To be quite frank, I can't see anything justifying the cost of the PS3. There aren't enough great series on the PS3, and anyone that's backing Blu-Ray should read up on BetaMax (and quite possibly soon UMD).

The 360 carries a better price and a decent number of good games. Unfortunately, I haven't seen much of any variation with exclusives in their FPS-centered game library (with the exception of Viva Piñata) and there are only so many FPSs a person can play without getting bored.

I'm not saying I wouldn't play these systems if they were given to me for free. But there are much better things I could spend my money on than these two systems.

The Wii has already shown potential for FPSs with titles like Red Steel and Far Cry. When developers begin to put more effort into their games, I think a great deal of people will be impressed. The controls for these games are decent, and just need a little more polish to work the next time around (i.e. quick turns). And now that controls have been figured out, sequels will be able to focus on more efficient coding and efforts to improve the look and AI of these games.

I really doubt Blu-Ray is going the way of BetaMax...

I thought that most analysts are predicting Blu-Ray to dominate the next-gen DVD race.

But that's neither here nor there.

FFXIsAstyanax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FFXIsAstyanax

I really doubt Blu-Ray is going the way of BetaMax...

I thought that most analysts are predicting Blu-Ray to dominate the next-gen DVD race.

But that's neither here nor there.

reggie186

Maybe. Maybe not. All I know is I've never heard Blu-Ray mentioned anywhere other than with the PS3. If Sony wants their formats taken seriously, they have to make sure they're not the only supporters and users of them. No matter how useful or powerful a product is, it'll fail if there's nobody to use it.

EDIT: Actually, armed with some info from a BD-supporting friend of mine, I can see the appeal of Blu-Ray. It seems to be getting some support, and I think that's upon what things will be decided.
christian1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 christian1993
Member since 2006 • 380 Posts
get one. i was unsure too, butonce i got it i loved it.
hama666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hama666
[QUOTE="hama666"][QUOTE="ozzsoad"][QUOTE="hama666"]

ozzsoad

Now tell me, what would the PS3 bring him that he can't already get on the Xbox 360? Why should he shell out any money on a console that offers nothing new to him?

What do you consider Next Gen? I know you'll say graphics, but lets think about this. What happens when, in fifteen or so years from now, console can't look any better. Are the consoles that come after that not considered to be Next Gen since they can't possibly look any better? Where do they go from there you think? Maybe they'll think about gameplay and how to add to the experience. They'll think of new ways to play. But those consoles can't be considered Next Gen since they don't look any better right?

Nintendo knows this will happen, and they're getting a head start on it by focusing on new ways to play games, not how to make them look better than the competition. They've thought ahead. They've already changed the way we'll be playing in the future. But no, it's not a Next Gen console.

Precisely, Im talking about now, not in 15 years time. Im sorry but for the next couple of years graphics, power, sound and advanced online gaming will define "next gen". So really I dont see where the Wii fits in.

And if you think these factors dont contribute to next gen then you might as well be still playing on your SNES, thats a fun little console, does that make it next gen?

And I agree that the Xbox 360 is whatll sort him out in terms of shooters, but if he didnt have a PS3 he would miss out on games such as Killzone 2, MGS4, Warhawk and Haze. Whereas with the Wii all he gets is some awful medal of honor game.

FFXIsAstyanax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FFXIsAstyanax

And if you think these factors dont contribute to next gen then you might as well be still playing on your SNES, thats a fun little console, does that make it next gen?

hama666

If you buy a game just for how it looks, you're doing the industry a great disservice. Yes, some games are visually impressive. But there will never be a syatem that looks better than real life. And another thing to remember is that the wow of visuals will, albeit slowly, eventually wear off. As impressive as graphics get, if the game doesn't back up the visuals, the game gets old quick. A visually impressive game that's boring will simply boil down to that -- a boring game.

In case you didn't notice, there's a large gap between the capabilities of the Wii and the SNES.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts
XBox 360! PS3! Wii!A bunch of people

Keep system wars talk in the System Wars forum, please. Thanks!