I Just Got My First Nintendo Wii Game And I Don't Even Have My Nintendo Wii Yet!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Flam3Thr0w3r
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

Well here's the deal, I have always been interested in getting a Nintendo Wii, and a couple of days ago, I decided that I would buy one in the next couple of weeks. I was just going to get a Nintendo Wii and Wii Sports then save for some games seeing as I'm a bit low on cash at the moment.

But today I was at a big car boot sale and noticed a guy was selling a Nintendo Wii game, Super Paper Mario. So I asked him how much it was and he said £10. I asked him why he was selling it so cheap, seeing as it is £35 in stores and whether it worked prefectly and he replied, " Yes, the game works prefectly. I tested it on my son's Wii before I came here. I'm selling it cheap because it came with his Wii and he doesn't like it at all. " So I said, " Would you take £8 for it? " and he said, " Tell you what, I'll give you it for £9. "

And of course, I said yes and bought it.

So I have my first Wii game, Super Paper Mario, before I even have my Wii!

I am pretty happen because I wasn't going to be able to get a game with my Wii because I'm a bit low of cash, but for £9, I just couldn't refuse!

I will be buying my Wii in the next couple of weeks and I can't wait to play Super Paper Mario! :D

What are you guys opinions on Super Paper Mario? How is it?

I'm pretty sure it will be worth 9 pounds! :P

movin_target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 movin_target
Member since 2005 • 3412 Posts
It`s good. But I lost intrest halfway through. But you may enjoy it more than I did. Grats on your first Wii game!
Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Flam3Thr0w3r

It`s good. But I lost intrest halfway through. But you may enjoy it more than I did. Grats on your first Wii game!movin_target

Thanks a lot man.

Yeh, I have been watching gameplay videos and stuff and it definetly seems like my type of game.

Can't wait to get my Wii now! :D

RockstarDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 RockstarDX
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts
Ha, I brought two Wii games before I even ordered my Wii. XD
Games-Sage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Games-Sage
Member since 2007 • 376 Posts
go back there and see if you can find someone selling their wii too:P
Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Flam3Thr0w3r

go back there and see if you can find someone selling their wii too:PGames-Sage

Haha, I was looking out for a Wii man, but nobody was selling one. =[

There was somebody selling that Crusin game on the Wii for £10 but I'd heard it was pretty bad so I didn't bother.

BaconBurns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BaconBurns
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts
If the game works you got yourself a steal of a deal!:lol:
Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Flam3Thr0w3r

If the game works you got yourself a steal of a deal!:lol:BaconBurns

Well the guy who sold it to me seemed honest and nice so I'm pretty sure it will work.

I might ask my cousin if I can try it on his Wii to make sure.

Twilight-Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Twilight-Fox
Member since 2008 • 247 Posts

Well here's the deal, I have always been interested in getting a Nintendo Wii, and a couple of days ago, I decided that I would buy one in the next couple of weeks. I was just going to get a Nintendo Wii and Wii Sports then save for some games seeing as I'm a bit low on cash at the moment.

But today I was at a big car boot sale and noticed a guy was selling a Nintendo Wii game, Super Paper Mario. So I asked him how much it was and he said £10. I asked him why he was selling it so cheap, seeing as it is £35 in stores and whether it worked prefectly and he replied, " Yes, the game works prefectly. I tested it on my son's Wii before I came here. I'm selling it cheap because it came with his Wii and he doesn't like it at all. " So I said, " Would you take £8 for it? " and he said, " Tell you what, I'll give you it for £9. "

And of course, I said yes and bought it.

So I have my first Wii game, Super Paper Mario, before I even have my Wii!

I am pretty happen because I wasn't going to be able to get a game with my Wii because I'm a bit low of cash, but for £9, I just couldn't refuse!

I will be buying my Wii in the next couple of weeks and I can't wait to play Super Paper Mario! :D

What are you guys opinions on Super Paper Mario? How is it?

I'm pretty sure it will be worth 9 pounds! :P

Flam3Thr0w3r

Don't worry me and you are in the same situation I bought SSBB and I dont have a Wii yet....I have to wait till May 5th to get it......Doesn't everyday take FOREVER!!!!

meinink2y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 meinink2y
Member since 2007 • 657 Posts
It's a really fun game, and at that price, it's a steal! Not much replay value though, after beating it I traded it for Guitar Hero 3.
Handsome-Dead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Handsome-Dead
Member since 2007 • 282 Posts

'Grats mate,

You've snapped up a great game there, I really enjoyed it, I just love the Nintendo related jokes in there. Even though it doesn't possess much replay value, you should hopefully enjoy it the first time through, and even if you don't, you'd probably make more than £9 back off it from trade-in or eBay lol.

WiiDsMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WiiDsMaster
Member since 2007 • 164 Posts
nice job man...just be sure to buy brawl too.
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
Thats a really good deal. Its a great game, though I must say probably the worst of the 3 Paper Mario games. A stel for 9 quid though.
demonslayer228

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 demonslayer228
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts
Yay good luck:D
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#15 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

[QUOTE="Games-Sage"]go back there and see if you can find someone selling their wii too:PFlam3Thr0w3r

There was somebody selling that Crusin game on the Wii for £10 but I'd heard it was pretty bad so I didn't bother.

Yeah Cruisn' sucks :P

And btw you got a total steal there, £9 is an amazing deal for such a great game!

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Flam3Thr0w3r
[QUOTE="Flam3Thr0w3r"]

[QUOTE="Games-Sage"]go back there and see if you can find someone selling their wii too:Pfabz_95

Yeah Cruisn' sucks :P

And btw you got a total steal there, £9 is an amazing deal for such a great game!

Yeh, just took a look at some reviews of it.

Got 2.5 from Gamespot! Lmao!

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
For the price you paid, the game is amazing. The text and RPG elements may seem to slow the game down though... that was my only gripe about it. I also owned Twilight Princess and WarioWare about two weeks before getting my Wii... it was a grueling two weeks :P
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
SPM is solid. I did the same thing with my 360. I bought gears before I had the console. lol
kayn83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 kayn83
Member since 2004 • 2214 Posts

Super Paper Mario was a lot of fun. It's more accessible than its precedessors due to the removal of the turn-based combat. I rather liked SPM but I kind of admit its predecessors were better due to their longer length. For 9 pounds, that's a great deal considering the game is like $49.99 in North America.

Cruis'n on the other hand is a remake of the arcade game "The Fast and the Furious" but they removed all the elements from the movie that were in the original and slapped on the Cruis'n title. It's a terrible game from the review scores.

judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#20 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts

Super Paper Mario was a lot of fun. It's more accessible than its precedessors due to the removal of the turn-based combat. I rather liked SPM but I kind of admit its predecessors were better due to their longer length. For 9 pounds, that's a great deal considering the game is like $49.99 in North America.

Cruis'n on the other hand is a remake of the arcade game "The Fast and the Furious" but they removed all the elements from the movie that were in the original and slapped on the Cruis'n title. It's a terrible game from the review scores.

kayn83
It's based off of the crusin' world games which are better.
jawallac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jawallac
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts

I told my girlfriend that I wanted a Wii for Christmas and a copy of Twilight Princess. That was back in November of 2006 when the Wii first came out. On Christmas day I unwrapped a copy of Twilight Princess and an IOU for the Wii.

I had to wait two months before we were able to find a Wii so I could play. So I know how you feel.

And actually, before finding the Wii, I found a used copy of the WindWaker so I postponed playing TP by an extra couple of months so I could play the games in order.

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts
is a prety nice plataformer.. if you compared it with the original formula of paper mario it was (imo) a downgraded.. but either way is a great plataformer and I enjoyed :D:D