how the hell am i supposed to exchange my messed up wii u at a gamestop if.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

solidfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 solidfox15
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts

how the hell am i supposed to exchange my messed up wii u for a new one at gamestop if gamestop stores are all out of wii u's......ughhhhhhh i dont wanna deal with sending my wii u to nintendo:(

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

If you whinge enough Nintendo will make it really easy for you.

There's a saying, the squeaky door is the one that gets oiled.

suade907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 suade907
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts

Console launches suck. Some of us get screwed. I had a wiiu basic unit on preorder at a gamestop but was out of town when it came out. I wasn't able to get my unit until a 5 days after launch. I had feared that the moronic gamestop employees would open it up and play with it and sure enough when i picked it up and got it home it was missing all the protective plastic on the controller and screen. Someone had opened it and messed with it. Maybe they swapped mine out for parts of someone elses because I have a screen with backlight bleeding. Unfortunately the only thing I can do is write a letter to Gamestop HQ. When I confronted the employees about that they said they would look into it but there was nothing they could do unless I wanted to return it.

Supply and demand sucks. It's always best to wait on a launch of a new system.

rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts

Console launches suck. Some of us get screwed. I had a wiiu basic unit on preorder at a gamestop but was out of town when it came out. I wasn't able to get my unit until a 5 days after launch. I had feared that the moronic gamestop employees would open it up and play with it and sure enough when i picked it up and got it home it was missing all the protective plastic on the controller and screen. Someone had opened it and messed with it. Maybe they swapped mine out for parts of someone elses because I have a screen with backlight bleeding. Unfortunately the only thing I can do is write a letter to Gamestop HQ. When I confronted the employees about that they said they would look into it but there was nothing they could do unless I wanted to return it.

suade907
Wow... that sounds ridiculous. I would just return it and wait for a new shipment. At least you had a Wii U to test and you could have a fresh new one now! :P
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 psymon100

[QUOTE="suade907"]

rubber-chicken

Wow... that sounds ridiculous. I would just return it and wait for a new shipment. At least you had a Wii U to test and you could have a fresh new one now! :P

Surely that's a breach of your consumer rights?

solidfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 solidfox15

thats crazy. i returned mine because of a dead pixel and the home button led problems, but yea im never buying a console at launch again.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
I'd rather send my console to Nintendo first before I go through Gamestop. Nintendo's customer service has been top notch in my experience.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

suade907
Typical GameStop. I'd have went to a news outlet--they'd cover something like that.
BonoBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BonoBoy
Member since 2002 • 587 Posts

suade907
That ain't right. I'd take this one to the top until they make it right.
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
It would still be under warranty so you can just contact Nintendo and they should sort it out.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#11 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

If you whinge enough Nintendo will make it really easy for you.

There's a saying, the squeaky door is the one that gets oiled.

psymon100

depends whats wrong with it lol , i had my 3ds sent to them they made some candy excuse for them not to fix it only 2 months old lol yep their not going to fix it , screen bleeding , the same thing i had with my 3ds xl good luck , theyll say you dropped it or something lol

solidfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 solidfox15

well i returned it today and got a new one no problem. i had to make new account right when my egoraptor picture was making it to the top most popular on the youtube wall. changed my name from xDARKSAMUSx to xXDARKSAMUSXx. i got set up when i noticed a nother problem....A DEEP SCRATCH ON THE GAMEPAD SCREEN!!!!!!!!! its small but still noticiable....omg so much bad luck.......ughhhhhhhhhhhhh. now i gotta call more gamestops to see if they have a wi u for me to exchange it with..theyre probably gonna think i scratched it. this isnt fair

rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts

[QUOTE="rubber-chicken"][QUOTE="suade907"]

psymon100

What? If it was GameStop's fault for selling you a system with those problems, you should have every right to return it. They sold you a system that they messed around with, and you should be getting what you're paying for.
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 psymon100

[QUOTE="psymon100"]

[QUOTE="rubber-chicken"] Wow... that sounds ridiculous. I would just return it and wait for a new shipment. At least you had a Wii U to test and you could have a fresh new one now! :Prubber-chicken

What? If it was GameStop's fault for selling you a system with those problems, you should have every right to return it. They sold you a system that they messed around with, and you should be getting what you're paying for.

Exactly. They misrepresented the final product as being 'new'.