How many people were surprised by how much they liked GH On Tour

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shyacoustic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shyacoustic
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know how many people were surprised by how much they

liked GH On Tour. When I first heard this game was coming out for the DS

I was a bit skeptical due to the fact that this seemed more like a game suited

to the consoles. After reading player reviews I decided to go ahead and purchase

the game and I'm so glad I did. I've never played a GH game before and have

found that I'm really enjoying this game. Have to admit that I need to find a more

comfortable way to hold the game so I don't get the cramping (I play maybe 4 songs

then have to take a break) but otherwise the gameplay is great. I'm also surprised

by the fact that some of the songs have grown on me. I can see myself replaying this

game after I've finished with everything in the game. Kudos to the developers for

making this game available on the DS and for making this a very enjoyable experience.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
All guitar hero games are like that, with the songs growing on you and wanting to play the game over and over. I still think the game looks dodgy, I just don't see the point in it, I mean you're hardly going to sit there on a bus playing it so the main place you'd play it is at home, why not just play the proper version. Good that theres another fan of GH though, what difficulty are you on at the moment? Actually that's a good point, how does difficulty work? Since it's usually, Easy-3 buttons, Medium-4 buttons and then hard/expert 5, are there less difficulties, or is easy 2 buttons or something?
JDaniels48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 JDaniels48
Member since 2006 • 277 Posts
havent played it yet
kadomony1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 kadomony1988
Member since 2007 • 510 Posts
it was pretty decent but i couldnt get in to it seriously because my hand kept kinda cramping up. could hardly move my pinky finger
thicknick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#5 thicknick
Member since 2003 • 193 Posts

Personally I've never been into these rhythm games, but as far as I know from people who are, they are disappointed with GH: On Tour just because it only has around 25 songs. Also some said they were disappointed with the track list. Plus the gameplay is gimmicky, involves a foreign device so isn't as portable as it could be, and the fast paced scrolling on the screen can cause some people to get motion sickness.

But on the other hand, I've heard some praise.