How do you think the Wii is doing so far?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GabeRamos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GabeRamos
Member since 2006 • 427 Posts

Honestly I'm a little disappointed. Nintendo seemed to be fixing the mistakes of their gamecube days when the wii was first released: new franchises, more 3rd party support, fresh ideas in general. But it has been almost 4 years and I just looked over at my tv. My wii hasn't been touched in months. Where are all the games? The only games I seem to enjoy are the Mario Galaxies and Brawl (and to be honest, Melee was just as good, so whats the point?). I'm starting to get sick of mario and zelda etc. I want to see new characters and new gameplay. It seems like after 4 years in existance, every major console throughout the history of gaming has had more titles worth playing than the Wii has, with the only exception being the gamecube.

And it hurts even more because nintendo is what I grew up with. My dad had a NES he would let me play and I would go over to a cousins house to play SNES when I was a kid. Finally I got a N64 when i could pay for one and I loved it. Even the gamecube had pikmin, animal crossing, re4, and several new mario franchises to keep me busy. I was pretty sure the wii had itself set up for success. What happened? Why are there no new IP's? Why did they sell the entire console on a gimmicky, unresponsive accessory?

What do you think?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

The Wii is getting a Pikmin game, and already has animal crossing, and Resident Evil 4 has been remade on the Wii.Again, the wii has about 10Mario games on the Wii from racing to platformer to role playing to sport, etc.

I was pretty sure the wii had itself set up for success. What happened?

GabeRamos

The Wii is the most successful console Nintendo has ever had. What do you mean, "what happened?"

Why are there no new IP's?

GabeRamos

Endless Ocean, Wii Sports, Wii Fit, just mostly the Wii ____ in general. Do your research. I'll say Endless Ocean once again.

Why did they sell the entire console on a gimmicky, unresponsive accessory?

GabeRamos

Yeah I'm not going to bother with that one.

The point is: You have contradicted yourself numerous times. Factually wrong in some cases. You haven't looked at the library of titles. Your attempts of any suspected trolling have failed miserably...oh wait, no you're not trolling, now are you? It's just coincidence you contradicted yourself of the so called "lack of titles" and zero evidence of anything? Yeah, that's just all coincidence right? Right??

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

It started off good.. for about a year and a half.. but then it was total crap for 2 years.. And now its finally awesome. So many cool games came this year and still alot more on the way and Zelda Wii next year should be awesome

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#4 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Where are all the games?

GabeRamos

Do your research. Look. Try it. I even have a cleaning cloth to clear up the fingerprints and smudges on your glasses. Here.

The only games I seem to enjoy are the Mario Galaxies and Brawl (and to be honest, Melee was just as good, so whats the point?).

I'm starting to get sick of mario and zelda etc.

GabeRamos

Again, here's a contradiction. You enjoy Mario but is sick of it. Also, there hasn't been a Zelda game designed for the Wii yet. That makes no sense, and actually is irrelevant to the REAL goal you're trying to make. Yeah, I can see right through you.

iano-87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 iano-87
Member since 2010 • 685 Posts

Title for title I dont think the Wii is up to the standards of other consoles ie ps3, 360. Thats not to say it hasn't got great games though, because it has quite a few. I spend the least time playing my wii to be honest as it seems its only the first party titles are holding my attention. Also I play alot online with friends on my 360 and couldn't be bothered with friend codes and the like. Virtual console is epic though :)

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I play Wii more and more everyday. I just went on a buying binge and purchased a bunch of the best Wii games from Amazon.

Dead Space Extraction

Muramassa

Wario Ware

Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Metroid Other M

House of the Dead Overkill

Mad World

Geometry Wars Galaxies

...and thats in addition to the games i already have,; Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Sky Crawlers, Trauma Team, Punch out, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Excite Bots, Red Steel 2, Sin and Punishment 2, Wii Sports resort, Tigerwoods 2011.

My problem is i cant find the time to play everything...and i want to play them all.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i love the wii i own 80+ games including downloaded games i feel like its underrated in american because people claim its not "hardcore enough with M games"
zyphyr2k8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 zyphyr2k8
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

It started out strong imo, but then my interest waned. This year has brought me back though. MH3, MG2, Metroid OM and Batman TBTB have been fun for me this year. Still have Epic Mickey, DKC Returns and Kirby's EY to come so I think this year has put the Wii back on track. Can't argue with it's success though. It's been been a beast of console in sales.

Sonicplys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sonicplys
Member since 2004 • 2603 Posts

I have more Wii games then 360 games so I say its doing pretty good. Miles better than the Gamecube.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Nintendo are making awesome games as always. 3rd party is pretty disappointing, as always :P
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

I have more Wii games then 360 games so I say its doing pretty good. Miles better than the Gamecube.

Sonicplys
Yeah me too, I play my Wii more than my 360 and PS3. I mostly rent games for those systems and buy games for my Wii. If you do even a little research you will find out that there are plenty of good games for the Wii, way more than most people have time or money to play. I don't think anyone would argue that Nintendo could have done some things better but obviously they've gone from having a 3rd place console to a first (by far) place console in one generation. They have to be doing something right.
nintenjoe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nintenjoe3
Member since 2010 • 385 Posts
Statistics show: it's sold the most. It's played the most. It has the most games sold. I think it's the best console out there.
FunnyWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FunnyWeasel
motion gaming has run its course and people are going back to the old way of gaming.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Honestly I'm a The only games I seem to enjoy are the Mario Galaxies and Brawl (and to be honest, Melee was just as good, so whats the point?). GabeRamos

the online was

the wii is delivering for me.... with much more to come :)

hell, its even delivering for my mom lol. (mario kart and wii sports)

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#16 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Very well 2 3D Mario platformers plus new Zelda and Epic Mickey,KLirby to come happy days.

oldmanriver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 oldmanriver1
Member since 2009 • 726 Posts

Its got a lot of great exclusives and unique first party games, but it has got almost no multiplats and the few multiplats it does have are in most cases worse than the PS3/360 versions. So while Im enjoying the wii due to its first party games I do wish that it would get some multiplats that aren't complete poo.

Avatar image for TheRealToonLink
TheRealToonLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 TheRealToonLink
I think the Wii has definitely picked up compared to 2008 and 2009 where there were not enough quality titles(except Super Smash Bros Brawl and sort of New Super Mario Bros Wii) but 2010 has definitely been a great improvement with the likes of Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M, Tatsunoko vs Capcom Ultimate All-Stars, Monster Hunter Tri and other titles soon to be released such as Epic Mickey, DK Country Returns, Kirby Epic Yarn, Goldeneye 007 and then Zelda Skyward Sword next year. And I know quite a few people say the Gamecube was a poor console with hardly any games but I loved the little purple lunch box.
Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

do you expect the games to come running towards you or something?

no one can help you if you dont do something about it yourself

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
i love how dumb people can come across. With all the different internet sites, stores, people still complain about this. Ok, go on ebay, or amazon, look for Wii games. You can find tons of AWESOME games, a lot have been listed above, and buy them, cheaper then in stores.
metswonin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 metswonin69
Member since 2006 • 1083 Posts

Honestly it has been much worse than I ever could have imagined it being. If you would have told me that the Wii wouldn't have 50 games with 80.00%+ ratings on Gamerankings after nearly 4 years on the market, I would have called you a Nintendo hater. There was no way anyone could have predicted that the Gamecube would have twice as many 80.00%+ games during this respective point of its lifecycle than the Wii has now.