Harvest Moon: The Island That Grows With You Videos

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PharaohsVizier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 PharaohsVizier
Member since 2004 • 889 Posts

Here are some gameplay footage of Harvest Moon: The Island Grows With You or as the Japaneses call it, Bokujou Monogatari: Kimito Sodatsu Shima.  I have some dialogue that shows some characters, I have a bit of movement in the ship as well I have the most important part, the farming.  Please keep in mind that it is really hard to navigate without a camera in one hand and the stylus in the other so it may seem hard to control, but it is fairly good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17SEYoYItuk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGTuAmm__RQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1u_K_Zxqv0

So far it seems really fun and all, but I hate how these games come in Japanese first...

NEW VIDEO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiOjwzz4xck

This one makes the controls seem less crappy.  They are good controls, its just hard to film the game and play it at the same time.  If you notice all of my other videos, you'd notice that I don't play too well on them either.

gigabrowser12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 gigabrowser12
Member since 2006 • 1647 Posts
same (in japan first) but you (or whoever was playing it) since you were going so slow and not controlling it well it felt to slow and borring to me.
bxgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 bxgt
Member since 2006 • 3035 Posts
it looks like a really boring copy of animal crossing
-1gamemaster1-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 -1gamemaster1-
Member since 2006 • 377 Posts
Looks boring. The other Harvest Moons always needed something more. I think they could really boost it up a notch with some good online play. Also, cut-scenes that don't keep happening. Next, AC series is the better and more innovative version of Harvest Moon. It has a plot, it has a house you can advance on, it has a point, and it has a lot more things you can do. Harvest Moon could have been good, but it will never be.
-1gamemaster1-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 -1gamemaster1-
Member since 2006 • 377 Posts
it looks like a really boring copy of animal crossingbxgt
exactly, but animal crossing came out first.
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts
Are you sure it's going to be released in the US?
Thanks for letting me know about this, this is the first I've heard of this game.  I've got almost every Harvest Moon, so I'm looking forward to this one.
Do you know if this game will hook up with HM DS in some way?  Like how HMDS and FoMT connected. 
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts
[QUOTE="bxgt"]it looks like a really boring copy of animal crossing-1gamemaster1-

Harvest Moon has been around way longer than Animal Crossing.
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#8 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts
If you liked Animal Crossing, you'll love this game. It is a bit more tedious than AC though. Those videos look great. I was greatly anticipating Harvest Moon DS, but it got horrible reviews. Hopefully, the next one won't dissapoint.
RpGamerzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RpGamerzzz
Member since 2006 • 873 Posts
Looks pretty interesting, but damn, it does seem really hard to control.
PharaohsVizier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PharaohsVizier
I found out why my controls sucked... I wasn't doing it right, I was using the long hard way. The control pad is FAR better. Kind of like AC. And BTW, Harvest Moon is WAY better than Animal Crossing.
animeforever04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 animeforever04
Member since 2005 • 350 Posts

I found out why my controls sucked... I wasn't doing it right, I was using the long hard way. The control pad is FAR better. Kind of like AC. And BTW, Harvest Moon is WAY better than Animal Crossing.PharaohsVizier

wait the game supports buttons also or touchscreen only?

PharaohsVizier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PharaohsVizier
Well it is touch support. However in order to use buttons, you can use the touchscreen or the buttons. And the buttons simply work far better. The controls are actually pretty good. I really like them now. Just took a bit to get use to.
animeforever04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 animeforever04

Well it is touch support. However in order to use buttons, you can use the touchscreen or the buttons. And the buttons simply work far better. The controls are actually pretty good. I really like them now. Just took a bit to get use to.PharaohsVizier

inother words the control style as the game before it  like a to use ax or talk or wha ever.

PharaohsVizier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PharaohsVizier
I forgot the controls for the other HM game. Here's another video to clear things up a bit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiOjwzz4xck
animeforever04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 animeforever04
umm think i'll avoid it i hate being forced to use the touch screen :?
bryehngeocef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#16 bryehngeocef
Member since 2003 • 2281 Posts
[QUOTE="bxgt"]it looks like a really boring copy of animal crossing-1gamemaster1-

1. Harvest Moon has been around for over 10 years, and has over 20 games in it's series.
2. It also DOES have a plot. Athough most of the games recycle the same theme like Zelda, there's a beginning, middle and end.
3. Harvest Moon can easily eat away a 6 hour chunk of time before you know it. Animal Crossing is good for an hour at best after you've "unlocked" everything.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Animal Crossing games, but Harvest Moon is about a million times more involved.
21lockdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 21lockdown
Member since 2006 • 238 Posts
looks like animal crossing but crapper
Sil3n7Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sil3n7Knight
Member since 2004 • 3064 Posts
Way to go showing us a rom you are playing on a legit gaming forum...:| and anyway the game is fun I have it too :) Its not like animal crossing if you think it is you obviously dont know what Harvest Moon is.
PharaohsVizier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PharaohsVizier
YUP, go roms! Do you not realize that it is out at all stores the day I posted? Anyways, Animal Crossing sucks. Harvest Moon is a more guided life-sim, and that is why it is far better. Despite having some goals, you can choose not to follow them. In Animal Crossing, they have no goals whatsoever, it doesn't matter if you have $999999999999999999999 in the game, it makes no difference. And BTW I'm starting to really love the touch screen controls. They work amazingly well on this game. Can't wait to see the US version of this game. :)
PharaohsVizier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PharaohsVizier
Hmmm some people are working on a translation guide already. :)
austindarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 austindarkness
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts
what is a rom?
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 Cerza
Member since 2005 • 1946 Posts

Looks boring. The other Harvest Moons always needed something more. I think they could really boost it up a notch with some good online play. Also, cut-scenes that don't keep happening. Next, AC series is the better and more innovative version of Harvest Moon. It has a plot, it has a house you can advance on, it has a point, and it has a lot more things you can do. Harvest Moon could have been good, but it will never be.-1gamemaster1-

Harvest Moon's simplicity and total freedom is what is so great about it. It's been around for 10 years now and was the last game released for the SNES as far as I know. AC is just a even more kiddiefied slightly modified version of it.

AssassinDT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AssassinDT90
Member since 2007 • 308 Posts
IM telling you this game is going to be awesome
Adam_the_Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Adam_the_Nerd
Member since 2006 • 4403 Posts

[QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="bxgt"]it looks like a really boring copy of animal crossingbryehngeocef

1. Harvest Moon has been around for over 10 years, and has over 20 games in it's series.
2. It also DOES have a plot. Athough most of the games recycle the same theme like Zelda, there's a beginning, middle and end.
3. Harvest Moon can easily eat away a 6 hour chunk of time before you know it. Animal Crossing is good for an hour at best after you've "unlocked" everything.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Animal Crossing games, but Harvest Moon is about a million times more involved.

Harvest Moon may have been around longer but age doesn't always mean it's better. That's not to say I like both franchises, I really do. It's just that they should really take the great elements of AC (houses, buying furniture, people, Wifi connections) and mix em up with HM (farming, living the life of farming).