Guitar Hero Greatest Hits (Sorry if old)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#1 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Link

During today's Activision Blizzard conference call, Activision Publishing CEO Mike Griffith boasted of a "robust lineup" of three new Guitar Hero titles dropping before the midpoint of the year: Guitar Hero: Metallica in Q1 as well as "a new Guitar Hero game for the Nintendo DS" and "a separate greatest hits compilation Guitar Hero game" in calendar Q2, (through June). In case that's not clear, the Guitar Hero Greatest Hits pack (or GH2 as we're likely to think of it) will include "full-band versions of some of the most popular songs from previous Guitar Hero games and will be made available for the 360, PS3 and Wii."

Something tells us that despite some healthy competition from the likes of Rock Band, with products like this "greatest hits compilation" on the way, we're not going to be ripping our Guitar Hero tracks anytime soon.

I just read the article today and wanted to know your thoughts on this? I personally think it's a bad idea. Why? Why not release them as DLC instead? I'd rather have all my songs on one GH game than having to switch games all the time. It's one of the reasons I won't bother with Metallica. I know they could just release the songs as DLC, they just don't want to.
Nevlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Nevlim
Member since 2007 • 5312 Posts
I dont think i will buy it but meh who knows maybe i will like it
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
I heard about it I am not going to get it.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#4 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts
Probably not going to get it, my family has nearly all the console Guitar Heroes on the PlayStation 2. We just need Metallica (when it comes out) and Aerosmith.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
Not getting it after playing Rock Band for a long time I can't go back to Guitar Hero and those Semi-Circular notes.
Avatar image for phantomblackedg
phantomblackedg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 phantomblackedg
Member since 2007 • 85 Posts
hopefully they bring cowboys from hell and beast and the harlot from the first 2 games if they do then il buy it
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts
It's got Through the Fire and Flames in full band mode. I can't say no to that.:) I love DragonForce.:D
K_56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 K_56
Member since 2009 • 654 Posts
I'd get cuz I never owned 1, 2, and rock the 80s or whatever its called
hyperkass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hyperkass
Member since 2009 • 938 Posts
way to suck the juice out of a series. III was the best, sucked out from there on.
Josh_3691

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Josh_3691
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts
Surely no-one is actually considering buying this? Who would pay to play the same songs again with a half assed drum mode. If you want to play some of the old songs buy the old games they won't cost that much more and you'd get more songs. Activision are making a mockery of this series with cash in after cash in.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts
I'm gonna get it since I don't wanna spend money on GH 1, 2 and 80's and a new guitar for the ps2 when I already have the Wii with the full GH band pack.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Why not release them as DLC instead?Kenny789
It's cheaper for us if they're released as full games rather than DLC. The game will cost $60, and it will definitely have more than 20-30 songs on it. DLC songs cost at least a couple of dollars.

But that's assuming we want to buy every single song that will be in the game. Packaging them all together forces us to buy songs that we otherwise might not have bought.