Guitar Hero 4/ Rock Band Track Pack Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

penamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 penamat
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts

I have a question about the peripherals and Controls of both music games.

I own Guitar Hero 4 and all the insturments that go with it on Wii, and today I went and bought this "ACDC LIVE ROCK BAND TRACK PACK" From Walmart.

It says "Does not require Rock Band To play" But I still wondered if I can use the Guitar hero 4 controllers, I was right. I can use my Guitar Hero 4 Guitar on the game, but I am having trouble using the Drum set. It just straight up dosent work.

So My question boils down to: Does the Guitar Hero 4 Drum Set work with Rock Band 2 Track Pack?

If so, how? Because I cant get it to work.

gooflee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gooflee
Member since 2005 • 652 Posts

You will need the Rock Band equipment to play the Track Pack.  Guitar Hero's will not work.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
[QUOTE="penamat"]

I have a question about the peripherals and Controls of both music games.

I own Guitar Hero 4 and all the insturments that go with it on Wii, and today I went and bought this "ACDC LIVE ROCK BAND TRACK PACK" From Walmart.

It says "Does not require Rock Band To play" But I still wondered if I can use the Guitar hero 4 controllers, I was right. I can use my Guitar Hero 4 Guitar on the game, but I am having trouble using the Drum set. It just straight up dosent work.

So My question boils down to: Does the Guitar Hero 4 Drum Set work with Rock Band 2 Track Pack?

If so, how? Because I cant get it to work.

You will need the Rock Band 2 equipment.
penamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 penamat
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts

Ahh! Terrible luck on my part. Oh well, the Guitars still work (I havent checked yet, but I bet the mic works too, if not oh well, no one wants to sing).

I Don't plan on getting any more music games on the wii, IN fact, the only reason I got GH4 on Wii, was because I already had a Wii Guitar. (Big Mistake, you dont need 2 guitars). So I got the suck version.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
no one wants to singpenamat
who the hell would want to sing AC/DC :lol: but apparently the truth is that you need the drums from the series you want to play... at least you can buy RB drums separated, what about me, who wants the GH drums only but cant find a SAFE way to get a WORKING set separated
kornin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kornin
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I have a wii and we have gh3 & world tour w/two guitars & a mic

bought rock band two and it will only work with the mic... does anyone know what to do to get past the mic default?

SomeOddGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 SomeOddGuy
Member since 2008 • 1706 Posts

I have a wii and we have gh3 & world tour w/two guitars & a mic

bought rock band two and it will only work with the mic... does anyone know what to do to get past the mic default?

kornin
Actually, I don't believe Rock Band 2 has released on the Wii yet. You might be referring to the first one since Harmonix announced compatibility with Guitar Hero instruments on Rock Band 2.(including the drums, according to IGN's latest hands-on) Though I would believe that you just need to use the Wiimote to navigate through the menus.
gooflee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gooflee
Member since 2005 • 652 Posts
I also believe I was wrong about the GH3 guitars not working for the AC/DC pack. In the AC/DC Wii forum, it appears people were successful at using the GH3 guitars with the game.
srankin10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 srankin10
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I own a Nintendo Wii and love playing Guitar Hero World Tour. I just bought the Rockband AC/DC track pack and thought my world tour guitar would work (after reading that it would on several sites), but I can't hit a single note. The guitar is working everywhere except when I actually play. I've tried calibrating it several times and its not working. Do I need to purchase Rockband 2? Any advice? Thanks!