This topic is locked from further discussion.

LiquidAjax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 LiquidAjax
Member since 2002 • 2032 Posts
Does anybody know if for sure, goldeneye will hit VC? and when? any information would be greatly appreciated.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11943 Posts
Does anybody know if for sure, goldeneye will hit VC? and when? any information would be greatly appreciated.LiquidAjax
It is really, very, extremely unlikely to ever happen.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
Only time will tell. My guess is that it will happen, with Nintendo Activion and Microsoft splitting the profits.
commander-cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 commander-cool
Member since 2007 • 359 Posts

[QUOTE="LiquidAjax"]Does anybody know if for sure, goldeneye will hit VC? and when? any information would be greatly appreciated.gatsbythepig

Why?

hitman_killer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 hitman_killer7
Member since 2004 • 433 Posts
Activision?
ArkansasBoy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#6 ArkansasBoy91
Member since 2006 • 2430 Posts
[QUOTE="LiquidAjax"]Does anybody know if for sure, goldeneye will hit VC? and when? any information would be greatly appreciated.gatsbythepig

Exactly. Liquid, Dude.. I dunno how to tell you this, BUT.. RARE the creator of games like GoldenEye and Perfect Dark, Well they are no longer On Nintys side. They are now Basically owned by Microsoft/Xbox... That is why 360 has Perfect Dark Zero and thats why RARe could make Goldeneye 2 for 360. plus, all of the GOOD Developers from RARE left the company. to bad though. So there isthe story why GOldeneye WIll possibly NOT be coming to Wii VC
xTRIGGER092x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 xTRIGGER092x
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts
Nintendo needs Activison and Treyarch's permission, as well as Rare's. Hopefully it'll come out again, I remember the game vaguely.
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

I know Rare made the game, i think. but wouldn't whoever owns the licensing of the James Bond name get the final verdict?

I'd say it will definetly come out on the VC and maybe XBL but will be cheaper on VC.

bigcalkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 bigcalkenobi
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts
If they do some how strike a deal with several of the companies, They will most likely charge extra. Like TMNT was a $1 extra, except Nintendo will charge like $5 extra.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Almost absolutely won't happen. Liquid Ajax?
IronManRhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IronManRhino
Member since 2005 • 2135 Posts

[QUOTE="gatsbythepig"][QUOTE="LiquidAjax"]Does anybody know if for sure, goldeneye will hit VC? and when? any information would be greatly appreciated.darth-pyschosis

I know Rare made the game, i think. but wouldn't whoever owns the licensing of the James Bond name get the final verdict?

I'd say it will definetly come out on the VC and maybe XBL but will be cheaper on VC.

It's a tangled web of red tape with the games made by Rare for n64, in one case, yes, activision owns the license, nintendo published the games originally, and rare developed it, well nintendo and rare went seperate ways and now rare loses it's leaders and creators of rare's key games on n64 and snes, I can't really say what will happen with classic games such as killer instinct, blast corps, banjo kazooie, goldeneye, perfect dark, jet force gemini, and (to a lesser extent) diddy kong racing, I'd think that microsoft would have to edit out any reference to nintendo in any of the games if they decide to put them on xbl arcade, but hopefully nintendo, rare and microsoft can come to a final agreement in the future on whether these games will be allowed to be on the VC, we all just have to be hopeful and hope that these three, plus activision can make our wishes of playing these games again come true.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

banjo and perfect dark is now owned officially by microsoft so there's no way that we r gonna see that on vc..

also diddy kong racing is still owned by nintendo(obviously) and golden ey is something that is in very weird situation

and if activision does say they will cooperate with nintendo, i would like to see tony hawk games

so far, through what i know, no american company has officially announced they would support VC.

so, only time will tell

00Joseph00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#13 00Joseph00
Member since 2004 • 1578 Posts
The only people Nintendo needs the rights from are those who own the character/movie licensing.  Even though Rare developed Donkey Kong Country, Nintendo didn't need to do squat with them since they own the Donkey Kong name.  But with Goldeneye, I am positive Rare has no say in publishing rights.
Avatar image for CommanderKill90
CommanderKill90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CommanderKill90
Member since 2005 • 1762 Posts
so are we sure Goldeneye will be on at least one of the services?(provided they want it released on one of them)
lgdowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 lgdowner
Member since 2006 • 179 Posts
f'in-A, i read the title and thought someone would actually have info on when/if goldeneye would come out