This topic is locked from further discussion.

Felix77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Felix77
Member since 2004 • 1713 Posts
anyone know of a new golden sun being created? i loved the first 2 and i just thought they could continue the series onto the ds. i dont remember the ending of the lost age; did it leave room for a sequel?
nihilization

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nihilization
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts
the ending to the lost age didnt leave much room for a sequel. if they were going to release a third it would probably be a spinoff or something
biohazard4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 biohazard4
Member since 2005 • 211 Posts
It would be great if they did
Sir-Conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sir-Conker
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts

i remember beating the 1st one and was amazed at how epic it was... then i played the second one and was so happy that everyone was reunited and when i tried to beat the last dragon boss i never could... what happend at trhe end?

goldenheart234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 goldenheart234
Member since 2006 • 269 Posts

the ending to the lost age didnt leave much room for a sequel. if they were going to release a third it would probably be a spinoff or somethingnihilization

That's not true. Alex's fate is unknown, the world is changed by alchemy and there was a little something mentioned by the wise one about WHO actually inherited the power of alchemy when the seals were released. I'd say those cliffhangers leave more than enough room for a sequel, If Camelot would only bother making one... but it would have to be on the DS (So you could transfer completed save data from the Lost Age)

Avatar image for 1337_lost_souls
1337_lost_souls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 1337_lost_souls
Member since 2007 • 1315 Posts
Wow i hope they make a third, the second one was amazing, i din't care for the first that much though.
death_bagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 death_bagel
Member since 2006 • 3449 Posts
I have heard that Nintendo has been having some ideas on a Golden Sun 3, but if they do make it it might not be on the Nintendo DS.
knightfire35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 knightfire35
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts
It would not go to a console... where else would it go? Unless Nintendo will have a new hand held out by then.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

there was a little something mentioned by the wise one about WHO actually inherited the power of alchemy when the seals were released.goldenheart234

But he says who inherited it. I'm not sure if you left that out because you don't know or because you don't want to post any spoilers.

I originally thought that the ending left the story wide open for a sequel, but now I don't really think so. I beat The Lost Age this afternoon for the second time, actually, and most of the loose ends of the story are tied up pretty well. Alex's fate is really the only thing that remains unknown, but I think that was a deliberate loose end to make a sequel possible. It isn't something big enough that everyone would be pissed off at the ending, but it's definitely something that a sequel could stem from, though it isn't absolutely necessary information.

And judging by how Camelot handled the stories in the first two, I'd say there's a good chance that if they do make a sequel, Alex will be the main character.

BlowBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BlowBomber
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Alex may beat the wise one and kill him and by that Alex gaing's the four types of elements...HEY HEY HOLD THE F--KING PHONE...In sol sanctum you activate the sun and the "MOON"(LUNA)....maybe that day when all its over and it turns dark the moon show up and the lighthouses unlit and everything in sol sactum and everywhere goes back to normal but it stays dark forever until alex takes the element stars from sol sactum and take them to the insidebase of air,gaia,aqua and magma rock and activate them for everything goes back to normal and finaly the game ends peacefully.
SamusIsMyLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SamusIsMyLover
Member since 2008 • 250 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how lethargic Camelot is about getting Golden Sun 3 into production. Talk about sitting on a pile of potential sales. The gameplay in the GS series was SO classy. Nothing horribly revolutionary, but it did the classic RPG style so well. Everyone craves that kind of experience on the DS I think - Zelda is not a true RPG, FFXII:RW is more RTS. GS3 on the DS would fill a much-needed niche in the library.
Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts
I know that I might be a bit over the top here but, Golden Sun could be nintendo's answer to FF they just dont seem to realize it....... shame on them.........