Going to import a japaneese game...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kokomos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kokomos
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

I don't know if you can ask questions like this, so please don't ban me mods pleease. Anyways, here we go:

I'm planning to import a game from Japan for my DS. Now, I'm only importing 1 at a time because it's expensive. I don't know any Japanese, will not get any game that's already in the states and want something fresh and different. So no RPGs please!!

Titles I'm looking at:

Ouendan! 2

Jump! Ultimate Stars

Daigasso! Band Brothers DX

Rhythm Tengoku Gold/Rhythm Tengoku*

*About Rhythm Tengoku, which game is better, Rhythm Tengoku or Rhythm Tengoku gold? I can't find rhythm tengoku 1 anywhere except for this one site, so an answer would be great.

Metal Slug 7

Arkanoid DS w/Paddle controller (I know it's out here, but there it has a paddle controller!! Come on, that's pretty awesome)

Daigasso! Band Brothers

Daigasso! Band Brothers Request Selection(Only applies if Diagasso! BB is chosen)

Captian Rainbow, when it comes out

thanks!

kokomos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kokomos
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts
Can someone just answer my question so I can make up my mind?
PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 PSfanboy101
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts

Can someone just answer my question so I can make up my mind? kokomos

well i would REALLY recomend JUMP! ultimate stars but you cant read japanese can you know? would you still buy it if only in japanese? probablly not....

Scsrhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Scsrhino
Member since 2005 • 232 Posts
JUMP looks like brawl, and thus that is what I'd import imo.
mtburdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mtburdell
Member since 2007 • 998 Posts
Especially if you liked Elite Beat Agents, that is really liked it alot like i did, then I'd recommend Ouendan2. Jump is also very good but there came a point when i stopped playing it and the language barrier was part of that although big parts of the game don't depend on that so much. It may have been because, as good as it is, that alot of it was button mashing....not to mention that there's just other things you get interested in, not that Jump was bad. But yea, especially if you thought EBA was great then Ouendan2 is pretty much a must have i'd say.
Spade_Crisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Spade_Crisis
Member since 2007 • 809 Posts
All of those games are great selections. Jump! Ultimate Stars is really a good game and is recommended. Jump! is similar to Super Smash Bros. and what people say the "SSB" for the DS. It's a great game, and it isn't hard to get around. There are walkthroughs for anyone who needed help, so language barrier wouldn't be a problem.

Rhythm Tengoku and Rhythm Tengoku Gold...aren't they the same? It was a GBA game (1st Rhythm Tengoku) that was never to come to the US. So, Rhythm Tengoku Gold, is the same great game to come to the US. If you want videos of Rhythm Heaven, then go to my blog. I posted User Videos, for anyone wanting to know.

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! or 2 is the same, wacky game from Elite Beat Agents. It's JP and easy to get around. Bear in mind, it's harder than Elite Beat Agents.

Daigasso! Band Brothers is really good game that lets you play different instruments of a certain song. What's really great about this game is that you can create your own music using the Music Creator. The game is frustrating at first, but it will sink in and get easier.

Metal Slug 7, you should buy it when the NA version comes out. Compared to the JP version, it's no different to the NA version. But, if you really want it, then go for it. It will hold your attention for awhile, with the POW(Prisoner's of War) list, training school with A LOT of missions to go through and 7 new missions. Plus the 2 new Metal Slugs and the other Slugs making there return.

Hope this helps:D.
AlmightyMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#7 AlmightyMax
Member since 2007 • 1087 Posts
About Captain Rainbow, Wii games have region protection (you won't be able to play a Japanese game on an American Wii)
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I'm also looking at importing some games that I've found that interest me are.

Stafy 4 and Zekkyou. But out of your list I'd say get JUMP!

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts
Import Fire Emblem: Ds
Spade_Crisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Spade_Crisis
Import Fire Emblem: DsWhiteblade999
I was planning to, but I'll just wait for NA version. I don't want to enjoi a game that I won't understand. Especially a story like Fire Emblem's.
danny5329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 danny5329
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts
Jump! ultimate stars hands down, bar none.
sebastempo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sebastempo
Member since 2008 • 284 Posts
Import Ouendan 2, it's the only "kanji" game that you can play without problem... don't throw your money...
Spade_Crisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Spade_Crisis
If you are going with Ouendan, then try the 1st one. I find that one most enjoyable. But, if you're planning on going for Ouendan 2, then by all means. Both are really good.
ninjavelmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 ninjavelmor
Member since 2004 • 1053 Posts
Ouendan 1 has much better songs then 2.
GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts

I don't know if you can ask questions like this, so please don't ban me mods pleease. Anyways, here we go:

I'm planning to import a game from Japan for my DS. Now, I'm only importing 1 at a time because it's expensive. I don't know any Japanese, will not get any game that's already in the states and want something fresh and different. So no RPGs please!!

Titles I'm looking at:

Ouendan! 2

Jump! Ultimate Stars

Daigasso! Band Brothers DX

Rhythm Tengoku Gold/Rhythm Tengoku*

*About Rhythm Tengoku, which game is better, Rhythm Tengoku or Rhythm Tengoku gold? I can't find rhythm tengoku 1 anywhere except for this one site, so an answer would be great.

Metal Slug 7

Arkanoid DS w/Paddle controller (I know it's out here, but there it has a paddle controller!! Come on, that's pretty awesome)

Daigasso! Band Brothers

Daigasso! Band Brothers Request Selection(Only applies if Diagasso! BB is chosen)

Captian Rainbow, when it comes out

thanks!

kokomos

No one is gonna ban you for this man. But you should use the game recommandation thread, and ask your question there instead.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
Kokomos, I Heard good things about Jump Ultimate Stars, and if you want to buy it, you'll need an faq to understand what it's saying there, because it's in Japanese. I personally gave up on it because of the fact that it was too much of a hassle to use the faq, but you might find it tolerable.