Gladiator A.D has a new name...and look!

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

SEGA CHALLENGES Wii GAMERS TO ENTER THE TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS™

Become a Legend in Epic Weapon & Magic Duels

SAN FRANCISCO (February 3rd, 2010)
– SEGA® of America, Inc. is excited to announce a new project in partnership with developer High Voltage Software - Tournament of Legends™. Exclusive for Wii™, Tournament of Legends is a weapon and magic based 3D-fight game featuring some of the biggest playable characters on Wii. Each fighter is based on a legend from world mythology: the Minotaur, a powerful Gladiator, Gorgon, Stone Golem, Valkyrie and other well-known and powerful characters. The game is scheduled for release on May 18th, 2010.

Tournament of Legends features epic battles in fantastic fighting arenas where they will wield mythical blade weapons, launch 40 magic attacks, and dodge giant mythological creatures that protect the battle lairs. In intense one and two-player fights, players master a range of character and weapon based magic attacks; including unleashing, amongst others, a man-eating lion, Jupiter's Storm, Thor's Fury and a nest of venomous snakes.

Tournament of Legends strives to offer even the most sophisticated Wii gamer a rich weapon fighting experience. Players will be able to switch weapons and enchantments with other characters or compete in various Wii Remote™/Nunchuk™ controller challenges which include dodging giant mythological creatures or restoring health and armor during fights. The game also features an Interactive Training mode and supports the ****c Controller™.

Tournament of Legends cinematic effects and graphics are fueled by the High Voltage Software Quantum 3 engine, designed and optimized for Wii. Large, 3D mythological fighters move fluidly. Fighting arenas, characters, and magical attacks are polished by advanced real-time lighting, blended animation, cinematic color curves, and more. And the fighters' mythic journeys are told through beautifully hand drawn in-game cinematics.

"Tournament of Legends is a perfect Wii game" said Sean Ratcliffe, Vice President of Marketing at SEGA of America. "High Voltage are delivering yet another fantastic looking game and their roster of gods, demons and warriors is unlike any other brawler out there. I can imagine that fathers and sons will be using a quick fight on Tournament of Legends as the ultimate tie-breaker in family disputes!"

"With Tournament of Legends, we want to take the Wii weapon-based fighting to a bigger place. Along with a wide selection of blade weapons and animated magic attacks we've achieved rich graphical effects and detailed, epic characters with the Quantum 3 engine. The mythological characters are some of the biggest 3D playable characters on Wii." said Eric Nofsinger, COO of High Voltage Software.

Tournament of Legends is set to release on May 18th, 2010 exclusively for Wii.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Those screens look terrible and it's from High Voltage,so no thanks.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Well that title's really, going, away from how it was presented originally

You have to wonder how good the game is going to be when one of it's strengths i...

"Some of the biggest playable characters on the Wii"

I don't remember the size of the characters on the screen being a winning endorsement, "Fighting people, now with ZOOM!"

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
rejected DC characters turned into fighters in a game that looked better before, even if it doesn't mean much? thanks, but no thanks.
Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts
I can almost smell the love in here lol Cant really blame you guys though, The Conduit was crap
Ganados0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Ganados0
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

Just a crap developer taking advantage of a unique situation.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

So they have widened the appeal of this game a bit...

pdanielpessoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pdanielpessoa
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Guess it looked better as it was.
thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thedude-

old

Tournament of Legends Picture

vs

new

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Not excited. Looks goofy, as far as we know it still plays like those awful vids from last E3, and there's no WM+ support.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Looks the same

The only thing they did is change the view so blemishes aren't as visible on the stark background

shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

No-one will buy this. Why do HV keep doing this?

HawkEye1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HawkEye1997
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
I can almost smell the love in here lol Cant really blame you guys though, The Conduit was crapThunderdrone
I LOVE THE CONDUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

The graphics are better (fixed the annoying lighting, but the gameplay is probably the same (which was bad). Ill rent it and if its good MAYBE buy it.

pdanielpessoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pdanielpessoa
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
They polished the visuals a bit but somehow the game looks even uglier. Can't tell exactly what's bothering me in particular but the overall images look dull. Pretty much as The Conduit, despite people say it looks fantastic. Perhaps it's the new colours, or just the fact that the game shows no personality whatsoever.
Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts

Huh.

Not that I was ever going to buy it, but I liked the original concept better. But, I won't go dismissing it as complete crap like everyone else here just yet.

EDIT: oh, and that new name is awful.

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

I don't think it looks that bad, I will wait for some more gameplay videos.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Looks the same

The only thing they did is change the view so blemishes aren't as visible on the stark background

Dude are you high or something? Seriously, no joking man. Do you honestly think that the old vs the new look the same? Oh wait, I get it, sarcasm. Durrr. Anywho, I liked how it was and not how it is now (If this is even the same game). I hope Gladiator A.D. (If this is the new look) reverts back to it's original style. I don't want a Looney Tunes Gladiator. I'm looking forward to Rage of the Gladiator now. Geez. They took the Madden 10 route. I was hyped about Gladiator A.D. but not anymore if that's the same game (which I highly doubt).
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
I can see Sega complaining now:|
canadianloonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 canadianloonie
Member since 2004 • 384 Posts

:lol:

Well, the new title sounds more appealing..

But, this game was a terrible idea to begin with. I'm still haunted by the original gameplay videos. No amount of sugar coating can fix it. They should just cancel the game.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nini200
I can see Sega complaining now:|gamefan67
So true.
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
And I thought the old name was bad :/
More_Dakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#23 More_Dakka
Member since 2007 • 1625 Posts

Hmm, it looked a bit better technically the way it was I'd say. It still looks decent graphically- and this may be only because itwas a quick change that's still in progress- but it doesn't look as good as A.D did originally.

Personality wise though- it already looks better I guess. The new direction looks a little similar to League of Legends for some reason though... :|

Its the gameplay that matters though- this isn't a brand new game- so it is still probably a weak punch-out rip-off- as that's what the E3 vids made it look like, at best.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thedude-

Sega definitely intervened on this one. I am guessing this game is going to be T now and instead of pure gladiators there are mythological creatures. The appeal is definitely trying to be broadened.

We have no idea what the gameplay is really about but if its like Punch-out!! then that is a very good thing. If HVS could make a better multiplayer version of what Punch-Out!! had then MAYBE we have a little more to look forward to.

HVS stupidly showed this game off way too early and now gamers are making all sorts of early conclusions.

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts
[QUOTE="gamefan67"]I can see Sega complaining now:|nini200
So true.

Seconded. The game looks worse to me. Oh well we still have the Grinder right? :lol:
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

The problem with the game is the slow animations. The characters attack so slowly that after 5 min of playing u would think it would get boring. If they make it fast paced like Soul Caliber then i might give it a try. In terms of graphics the game has imporoved, Aside from the first pic the rest looks nice.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thedude-
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="gamefan67"]I can see Sega complaining now:|InfinityMugen
So true.

Seconded. The game looks worse to me. Oh well we still have the Grinder right? :lol:

If Sega is going to publish yet again from HVS they know full well what they are getting into.
TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
What are you people complaining about? I think this looks much better. Rather than a game about generic Gladiators, High Voltage has remolded this game into something completely different. its almost like someone read my idea of making a fully fleshed out version of that Gladiator Wii Ware game. I just hope it has the personality to match.
TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
Where is the new game play footage? I agree the old game play looked pretty slow and sluggish, but I haven't seen new videos.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#30 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41600 Posts

I don't think it looks that bad, I will wait for some more gameplay videos.

tom95b
I'm in agreement here.
windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 windsquid9000
Member since 2009 • 3206 Posts

I don't understand this board's grudge against HVS. It looks fine, imo. Much better than the original which gave me a headache. I'll wait for a new game play video before I make any comments on it.

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

Talk about jumping ship before it even hits anything. The game looks alright to me and I like that name. It caught my interest and i'll keep and eye on it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34811 Posts

Talk about jumping ship before it even hits anything. The game looks alright to me and I like that name. It caught my interest and i'll keep and eye on it.

ShuichiChamp24

It's from a developer who is absolutely terrible at making games. That's more than enough for me to completely ignore it before it's released, and I'm glad it's also enough for other people to stay away. Less people buying crap = less crap being made.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nini200
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="gamefan67"]I can see Sega complaining now:|InfinityMugen
So true.

Maybe, if they keep doing this, then we'll probably end up with, "The Bender" instead. :cry:
gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts

You have to wonder how good the game is going to be when one of it's strengths i...

I don't remember the size of the characters on the screen being a winning endorsement, "Fighting people, now with ZOOM!"

Jaysonguy
Pretty sure they were talking about "big" in regards to the reputation and background of he character (i.e. Medusa is a "big" character in greek mythology).
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#36 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

"Tournament of Legends"? Really?

I can't believe I'm actually missing the name "Gladiator A.D."

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

gamer620
Pretty sure they were talking about "big" in regards to the reputation and background of he character (i.e. Medusa is a "big" character in greek mythology).

if they were, they failed miserably. john lenon is already there :P @GabuEx - tournament of legends: game night partyz!!! :lol:
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

Jaysonguy
remember art of fighting ?
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#39 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

I can almost smell the love in here lol Cant really blame you guys though, The Conduit was crapThunderdrone

Is the same treatment most of the 3rd party developers get from you guys, specially HVS

I like the Conduit a lot but perhaps you prefer to keep your Wii only for minigames or Mario games. Is not that I don't like Mario, is only that I choose Wii because there are games you cannot find in any other place, and from time to time, even those "generic" shooters are best played on Wii

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 intro94

"Tournament of Legends"? Really?

I can't believe I'm actually missing the name "Gladiator A.D."

GabuEx
i do , i think HVS is trying to play it safer(courtesy of sega requirements for publishing). Sega told em, "well we can give you guys another shot, TC didnt do so bad after all", but keep it teen ok? sighs" ok, no bloodies. And so the game avoids being canned. Now to be brutally honest, Gladiator did benefit from being gory and visceral, losing that well , is a bit painful, but of course, the gameplay is stil a redeeming factor. i think is good if the game manages to appeal certain markets and keeps sega working on the wii besides sonic spin offs. After all, Sega publishing did bring Madworld, a mostly enjoyable game. And TC, at least a nice effort.
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

shutdown_202

Because they like making games they want to play, and they're trying their hardest even if their best efforts look like some's worst

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 intro94

[QUOTE="shutdown_202"]

darth-pyschosis

Because they like making games they want to play, and they're trying their hardest even if their best efforts look like some's worst

besides TC did their numbers, according to sega, so why the heck not. if you can make some profit, by all means keep doing it. But the other worry i have is that "Rage of the Gladiator" a game featuring gorgons,minotaurs and such, with very similar ideas, is coming in few weeks(from the response Scott from the dev team gave me), im worrying if HVS or sega took a nod from the game , but without acknoledging it.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"]I can almost smell the love in here lol Cant really blame you guys though, The Conduit was crapenrique_marrodz
Is the same treatment most of the 3rd party developers get from you guys I like the Conduit a lot but perhaps you refer to keep your Wii only for minigames or Mario games. Is not that I don't like Mario, is only that I choose Wii because there are games you cannot find in any other place, and from time to time, even those "generic" shooters are best played on Wii

I know they put out a mediocre game that sold ok, but why should any third party make wii games if this is the way we treat them? Esspecially small studios? Sure, we're open to ever 2D BOy out there that makes 1 solid game for us, but when a dev like this keeps coming back everytime trying to give us a good game, falling short only by a bit each time, we spit in their face?

not many 3rd party devs are willing to make ground up, Wii-exclusive games in genres the Wii lacks in that don't sell as well as on other platforms, i understand we want good games, but i think devs watching fan reaction know a large majority of the people who bash HVS for the Conduit haven't played the game, if it is good or bad. So if they see such big resistance from us for these games (we have no proof that Legends or Grinder will be bad, Conduit was a high 60s/low 70s game on a platform that lacked shooters, for ***** sake we should be happy they got a decent, if somewhat underwhelming product out, and know that the experience they got from it may lead them to fix errors in their game design in the future) why should any other 3rd parties make Wii games that take a lot of time and care?

Really?

We bash these HVS games yet someone wants to make us two FPS in the span of 1 1/2 years, both with features that not even Nintendo will implement in their multiplayer games (sometimes). Who exactly is jumping at making Wii exclusive fighters and shooters?

We get one FPS every year from Activision and its been good the last few years, but you guys really want one?

Another thing, all the forum posters treated COD MWR the same way as Conduit, based all your judgement off bad early sreens and said it couldn't be replicated on Wii, and guess what Critics and users agree it was replicated, with a few hiccups here and there MWR is a good port that got an 8.5 on Gamespot, and keeps all the things that made the original so good (cept voice chat, and slightly bigger matches) yet there will be dozens of people here who post "MWR is a mess coz i read this and this and this" despite not playing it themselves

We treated that game like crap (MWR) and we're lucky to get a good product out of it, the fact that we treat HVS like crap too and they keep coming back astounds me, but guys really do you have to crush this dev's dreams? They probably can't get a publisher/afford to make their games for HD consoles, and putting them on older platforms is setting them to die right away (PS2) so they choose a middle ground, the Wii

they can afford Wii games, they're lucky enough to convince SEGA as a publisher, and their trying their hardest to get a good game they'd want to play out, and they're gonna make errors and you're not going like it. doesn't mean we have to spit on them. I'll welcome back any developer even if they give me 5's and 6's for games coz you know why? I wanna be there when they get it right

(but i own all the systems so i'll have no trouble being there, lol)

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

No wii motion + = fail.

At least with WM +, HVS would have had some sort of angle that they could use to get people to buy this game. But now it will be lucky to get 100k

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

[QUOTE="shutdown_202"]

intro94

besides TC did their numbers, according to sega, so why the heck not. if you can make some profit, by all means keep doing it. But the other worry i have is that "Rage of the Gladiator" a game featuring gorgons,minotaurs and such, with very similar ideas, is coming in few weeks(from the response Scott from the dev team gave me), im worrying if HVS or sega took a nod from the game , but without acknoledging it.

That is a worry

I just don't understand why people need to bash these guys so much

Excuse them for trying to make you a game, and falling a bit short. Its a business too, i'm happy to see they are making good ties with a big publisher

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"]I can almost smell the love in here lol Cant really blame you guys though, The Conduit was crapenrique_marrodz

Is the same treatment most of the 3rd party developers get from you guys, specially HVS

I like the Conduit a lot but perhaps you prefer to keep your Wii only for minigames or Mario games. Is not that I don't like Mario, is only that I choose Wii because there are games you cannot find in any other place, and from time to time, even those "generic" shooters are best played on Wii

Third parties don't get my respect for trying hard.... They get my respect when they deliver something I enjoy. I respect Visceral for making Dead Space Extraction, despite its horrible sales, because it's a quality game and I enjoyed playing it. I don't respect HVS for making The Conduit because it isn't really a quality game (debatable, I know) and I didn't enjoy playing it whatsoever (not debatable).

I've never seen a lot of disrespect for third parties in this forum. HVS is one of the only ones that sticks out, along with Ubisoft, and I think they both deserve their reputation. Ubi may redeem itself a bit with Red Steel 2, but who knows. HVS may redeem itself with The Grinder, but again, who knows. I have hope for RS2 because Ubisoft at least has quite a few good games under their belt throughout their history. HVS... not so much.

There are plenty of third-party games that I've enjoyed or at least recognize why other people enjoy them.... but HVS hasn't made one of those yet.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Excuse them for trying to make you a game, and falling a bit short. Its a business too, i'm happy to see they are making good ties with a big publisherdarth-pyschosis
Yeah, it's a business, which means they don't care what anybody says about them as long as their games sell. It's not like people chose to dislike HVS randomly..... Most of it had to do with overhype and an underwhelming final product.

I'm not going to excuse them for trying to make a game when it turned out to be mediocre. If that's all they can do, and if that's what some people want, then that's fine with me. But it gives me no reason whatsoever to look forward to any of their future games. They're not looking for encouragement or friends... They're looking for a market to accept them.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 thedude-
[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

[QUOTE="enrique_marrodz"]

Third parties don't get my respect for trying hard.... They get my respect when they deliver something I enjoy. I respect Visceral for making Dead Space Extraction, despite its horrible sales, because it's a quality game and I enjoyed playing it. I don't respect HVS for making The Conduit because it isn't really a quality game (debatable, I know) and I didn't enjoy playing it whatsoever (not debatable).

I've never seen a lot of disrespect for third parties in this forum. HVS is one of the only ones that sticks out, along with Ubisoft, and I think they both deserve their reputation. Ubi may redeem itself a bit with Red Steel 2, but who knows. HVS may redeem itself with The Grinder, but again, who knows. I have hope for RS2 because Ubisoft at least has quite a few good games under their belt throughout their history. HVS... not so much.

There are plenty of third-party games that I've enjoyed or at least recognize why other people enjoy them.... but HVS hasn't made one of those yet.

I do not respect EA's horrible planning of the Dead Space project on Wii. If Dead Space: E was a third person horror game like the original: 1. Dead Space fans from 360, PS3, and PC may have accepted it more; 2. There is a large fanbase for third person horror games on Wii (look at how successful the port RE4 Wii did), so more fans would have been into it; 3. Rail shooters are niche to begin with, right from release day you have an uphill battle convincing consumers to buy into a genre they do not like that much anymore; 4. Rail shooters run thin really fast, so the moment House of the Dead: O came out the rail shooter market was already dried up and saturated and to top that RE: The Darkside Chronicles came out as well. Ubisoft already redeemed themselves with Rabbids Go Home. A great game that should be selling more than its mini game collection counterparts.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]Excuse them for trying to make you a game, and falling a bit short. Its a business too, i'm happy to see they are making good ties with a big publisherJordanElek

Yeah, it's a business, which means they don't care what anybody says about them as long as their games sell. It's not like people chose to dislike HVS randomly..... Most of it had to do with overhype and an underwhelming final product.

I'm not going to excuse them for trying to make a game when it turned out to be mediocre. If that's all they can do, and if that's what some people want, then that's fine with me. But it gives me no reason whatsoever to look forward to any of their future games. They're not looking for encouragement or friends... They're looking for a market to accept them.

If they're looking for a market to accept them and buy their product, why no PC indie release? They would make more money off steam/D2D. They don't even need to raise the costs of development much

What i'm saying is they didn't get the game too wrong, they've started good with this Conduit FPS and the sky is the limit.

I understand your opinion, you don't want to buy a bad game again, you bought TC and it was bad, so yes don't buy them again until it proves that its good

But how are you going to know if their next game is good, if you don't buy/rent it? I mean just coz a game gets a 5.5 (like Mercs 2) doesn't mean a person can't enjoy it. I enjoy a lot of games that did very poorly critically, i took a risk buying them due to the fact that a lot of ppl told me it was bad, but it payed off in the end. that doesn't always work out

Sure, i'll keep it in the back of my mind when they make another game that TC turned out so -so, but i'm going to keep giving them chances

You say some people are happy with a mediocre game, but to those people happy with the 5's of the gaming world, they aren't mediocre, they are fun.

It still baffles me they didn't release TC on PC for download. It would've been probably just as good as a Wii release, if not better

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

[QUOTE="enrique_marrodz"]

thedude-

I do not respect EA's horrible planning of the Dead Space project on Wii. If Dead Space: E was a third person horror game like the original: 1. Dead Space fans from 360, PS3, and PC may have accepted it more; 2. There is a large fanbase for third person horror games on Wii (look at how successful the port RE4 Wii did), so more fans would have been into it; 3. Rail shooters are niche to begin with, right from release day you have an uphill battle convincing consumers to buy into a genre they do not like that much anymore; 4. Rail shooters run thin really fast, so the moment House of the Dead: O came out the rail shooter market was already dried up and saturated and to top that RE: The Darkside Chronicles came out as well. Ubisoft already redeemed themselves with Rabbids Go Home. A great game that should be selling more than its mini game collection counterparts.

Techincally Ubi makes a lot of good games for non-Wii systems