Get ready to party with Lost Data (Mario Party 10)

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Why hello good fellow gamers. Watching the recent Nintendo Direct has me questioning a bit of Nintendo's motives as of late.

One in particular is the Amiibo functionality in Mario Party 10. Now they introduced an entire new set of the same amiibo figurines that some already have such as the 2 different Mario, Peach, Bowser and Luigi amiibos (waste of money to mass produce different versions of the same thing with the same functionality) but then to top it off, they made the beautiful statement, that if you have any Smash Bros data, it'll have to be erased to even use the amiibos even though they do the exact same things.

Now I've known Nintendo to do some pretty, questionable to say the least, things, however this is really borderline dumb. Why would you mass produce more of the same product with the same functionality with a different look and make users that bought them primarily for one specific game (Smash Bros) have to delete their data just to use them on Mario Party?

See what they want people to do is buy both versions to use separately and this is exactly where Nintendo shot themselves in the foot. I mean really? Do the Amiibo's seriously not have enough storage space to save 2 games data at once? A 2GB SD card is far more than enough storage for save data and you can get those for roughly $3 or less. So am I to honestly believe that there is not enough storage space on Amiibos to save 2 games or is Nintendo seriously becoming this full of themselves to believe that people are going to buy 2 of the same amiibo just to use for different games?

I mean that was a big advantage that Nintendo had over the competition was Amiibo's being basically one time paid DLC for all games that use it but now with this concept theyve just shown, they just threw that advantage out of the window.

Is anybody going to buy a 2nd version of the same amiibo just to play Mario Party 10 amiibo Party or is Nintendo kicking themselves in the rear with this idea?

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 big_mak523
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts

@nini200: Does Smash store your Amiibo data even if you delete it off of the Amiibo itself? That would seem like a solution to the issue.. We've known for awhile that Amiibo only store information from one game, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nini200

@big_mak523 said:

@nini200: Does Smash store your Amiibo data even if you delete it off of the Amiibo itself? That would seem like a solution to the issue.. We've known for awhile that Amiibo only store information from one game, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

No it stores it directly to the amiibo so when it's deleted, its gone meaning all that leveling and items you got and gave to your amiibo are wasted and since when was it stated that amiibos only store data for one game?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#4 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I'm not going to get a duplicate amiibo just for a game. I haven't enjoyed a single Mario Party since 4 on Gamecube, so a purchase from me is doubtful in the first place.

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 big_mak523

@nini200 said:

@big_mak523 said:

No it stores it directly to the amiibo so when it's deleted, its gone meaning all that leveling and items you got and gave to your amiibo are wasted and since when was it stated that amiibos only store data for one game?

I can't find the exact article, but it's been known even before Amiibo were released that they only stored information on it for one game at a time. I think it's dumb too, but like I said, it shouldn't be a surprise.

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 big_mak523

@nini200: This article is from like early November...

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Kind of annoying but their functionality is very limited to begin with. I won't lose sleep over deleting my pet Mario in Smash and use him in MP10 (that game seems to have a better use for him anyway). If their functionality were as deep as say Skylanders, then yes, I'd be furious over this.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

I'm not going to get a duplicate amiibo just for a game. I haven't enjoyed a single Mario Party since 4 on Gamecube, so a purchase from me is doubtful in the first place.

Exactly the same as me. 4 was awesome, but then the series lost me.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

The only Amiibo I plan on owning are Toad and maybe Toad related Amiibos. If they make a Captain Toad and a Adventure Toadette Amiibo I'll probably get those. Otherwise I don't plan on getting all the amiibos. Since they are mostly planned to be decorative they won't be used for in game stuff so I'm not really affected.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

It seems that Japan will bundle a Mario character amiibo for Mario Party 10

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

not to upset about the amiibos nini...if you dont like them set an example and boycott their ass.

i am more upset there is no online in mario party still.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#12 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Mario party 10 don't really need amibo but I got my yoshi so

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nini200

@KBFloYd said:

not to upset about the amiibos nini...if you dont like them set an example and boycott their ass.

i am more upset there is no online in mario party still.

Agreed

CrillanK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 CrillanK
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

I've posted this before in other threads but it's not a limitation by Nintendo. It's a limitation of the NFC technology that Nintendo, Disney Infinity and Skylanders all have to deal with. If you do a little search on NFC storage, you'll most likely find that they indeed cannot store 2GB and the max user memory is 888 bytes. Yes that's bytes, so not even 1kb. Nintendo is doing us a favor by releasing a cool alternate figure to store Mario data instead of forcing you to erase your SSB figure.